Thor: Ragnarok

>Best Cape Movie of 2017
>Best Marvel Movie of 2017
>Best Movie of the MCU Phase 3
Prove me wrong

Logan > Guardians > Thor > Wonder Woman

Logan was easily the worst of those. It's great that Wolverine finally got to cut people, but that couldn't save the awful script.

They are great movies but in my words
Wonder Woman > Thor > Logan > Guardians

Guardians is worse than Thor.

Wonder Woman > Gotg2 > Logan > Ragnarok > Homecoming

Civil war was better. Other than that I agree.

Logan is overrated
>Couldn't save the awful script.
Agree
I would say is worse just not as great as Guardians

Guardians got a good villain, better cgi, better story, better cast

Thor is inferior in everyway and is clearly a copy of Guardians style in a trilogy that was supposed to be semi serious and miystic isntead of sci fi and quips

>Thor is inferior in everyway
The jokes in Ragnarok are way funnier than in Guardians 2. Not all of them but most of them

It's a relatively small nitpick, but was anyone else annoyed at the constant references to Earth and Earth pop culture?

Why would Grandmaster play a Willy Wonka song in his employee initiation video? Why would there be a guy named Doug? Why is everyone speaking English?

Guardians at least makes an effort to keep the world internally consistent. Aliens only know about Earth stuff if they've been told about it, and everyone has universal translators. Even the song choices have a reason for being there.

Thor had much better action, clever ending, and was actually funny instead of autistic laughing

>Why would Grandmaster play a Willy Wonka song in his employee initiation video? Why would there be a guy named Doug? Why is everyone speaking English?
Just turn your brain off when you are watching a capemovie

thor > wonder woman > guardians > spiderman >>>>> logan

His name was Dugg you simpleton

I'll take that. There was some other, really obvious pop culture reference from Korg that I'm forgetting.

I enjoyed it :)

>Best Girl of the MCU Phase 3
FTFY

Said literally about any MCU movie ever and then forgotten in about 3 months tops after its release.

Ragnarok is an awful movie. Definitely the worst cape movie of this year. Worse than Homecoming.

>Said literally about any MCU movie ever
They are that good

>Guardians over Wonder Woman
Marveldrone fuck off

>Worse than Homecoming
Take that back user

Read the second part.

>awful script
What a generic thing to say. And what exactly was so bad about the script?

Not a Mervelfag but you must have incredibly bad taste or be a woman to think Wonder Woman is any good

IMO, Cvil War is the worst. Only MCU movie I didn't like.

>Villain is evil clone
>Charles makes the stupidest decision ever
>Anticlimatic death

It's a better Captain America though

I guess? I mean Captain America wasn't good either

Seeing Ragnarok made me think about all the actors that are actually way too good for their cape movies (Blanchett, Hopkins, Keaton, etc).

The amount of emoting she could do just stood out so much against Hemsworth and the rest

Could you be even more misognystic if you tried?

Logan>Spiderman>lego batman>thor>guardians>wonder woman

>All these Sup Forums tards still triggered by Wonder Woman

>Why would Grandmaster play a Willy Wonka song in his employee initiation video?
It's just a joke for the audience. Conciser the old Willy Wonka movie deosn't exist in this universe and it's an original music for the grand master. Alternatively, this is a planet who collect all kind of junk from the universe, so maybe some tape of it felt in this world and GM liked the tune he heard from it.
Why would there be a guy named Doug?
It's a one sylab world that is very common.
Why is everyone speaking English?
They don't. They all speak asguardian because their empire made it very widespread thanks to their vast empire. You simply get it dubbed in English for the audience comfort.

Willy wonka does exist in this universe though. Tony proves that all movie culture is intact

There no need to be Sup Forums to prove Wonder Woman was garbage. Just post any Webm

Pretty solid.

>rock paper scissor joke
While this part was funny, it was highly out of context.

is there a non spic camrip out there yet?

Fuck, thank you. That was it.

this. an argument could be made that logan was better, but it isnt exactly capeshit, is kino with elements of capeshit but it's a solid serious movie.

thor manages to be very good despite the fact that it's full on capeshit. its a tossup between the two for me. guardians and ww have nothing on either ragnarok or logan

Why was the avengers ship untouched for two years even though it was unlocked and sitting in the middle of a city full of looters who ransack every piece of garbage that falls into their dimension?

>Villain is evil clone
And judging by his name a mongoloid on top of that.

>While this part was funny, it was highly out of context.
Any aliens with hands that are a t least similar to some level to ours will have that game in their culture. So, it work.

Japan and europe developed the same game despite being totally apart. It was weird, reading Dragonball for the first time to see they had the same kind of game.

Well, I agree with you. It was a nice surprise since I thought GotG 2 was trash and Homecoming was nothing special.

This might be my favorite MCU movie after Winter Soldier.

seeAnything with hand will end up having that game.

That is not Logan

i preferred GotG 2

>Villain is evil clone

One of the villains is an evil clone, first of all. Second, it's not about X-24. Logan's failed body is the main conflict causer. Anybody who takes away from the film that X-24 was the villain, given all the shit Logan goes through before X-24 even appears on screen, is a simpleton.

>Charles makes the stupidest decision ever

Wow, it's almost like Charles is a 90-year-old man with a degenerative brain disease or something.

>Anticlimatic death

For whom? Logan? You knock the film for having a cliche villain, then turn around and complain that Logan's death is cliche.

Fuck off, retard.

you're either a casual or retard
is kinda right, in the sense that you don't need to analyse everything if you know you're a brainlet who gets confused. space life is heavily influenced by earth culture in most comics and movies because that's the way it is. sure there's an opportunity for meta commentary on the nature of stories ( i suggest you read morrison or gaiman for that ) but you should accept that's just the way it is in sci fi and fantasy.

that's why we have space cabbies, space diners, space motels and shit like that, because it's a vehicle for telling a story that might be funny and familiar despite the fact that it's set in a completely different space

>tl;dr turn your brain off if you're a brainlet

Typical Sup Forums crossposter, judging movies by a few seconds and comics by out of context panels to push an agenda, but never reading comics or watching movies.
Reminds me fo someone.

>I thought GotG 2 was trash and Homecoming was nothing special.
I agree with Homecoming being disappointing but GotG 2 was genuinely good

Yes, because RPS was only invented in the last 100 years

>but GotG 2 was genuinely good
To each their own, I really hated the humor in it. Plot was all over the place, the characters were annoying as fuck and had almost no growth, the villain was alright but nothing special and the action was boring/by the numbers. The only thing that stood out were the visuals.

>it's almost like Charles is a 90-year-old man with a degenerative brain disease or something.
He wasn't all that braindead yet. He should have listened to Logan and not stay to sleep with a family in the middle of nowhere
>For whom? Logan?
Getting impaled by a tree was retarded and they could have done it better
>One of the villains is an evil clone
The doctor and the guy with the metal arm are even worse

>Fuck off, retard.
You first

>but never reading comics or watching movies.
Nobody reads Comics here and i saw the movie. If you really believe it was good then i don't know what else to tell you

>characters had almost no growth
but that's objectively wrong, literally the entire point of the movie was character relationships and development. only the TAZER FACE and "it's not ripe" jokes fell flat, and Kurt Russell is the best MCU villain so far.

Thor: Ragnarok > Logan > Homecoming > Wonder Woman > GotG Vol. 2

Objectively speaking I think Logan is the better/more ambitious movie, but I enjoyed Thor more.

>You will never be forced to kneel to Hela
Why the fuck am i still alive?

>tough female lead
>despite getting in several fights throughout the movie isn't hit a single time able to perfectly dodge everything

Getting real bored of this shit. Knowing there are zero stakes when the writers refuse to let one character even be touched does a lot to drain tension from a fight.

Logan>Thor>Spider-Man>Wonder Woman>Guardians of the Galaxy

>>despite getting in several fights throughout the movie isn't hit a single time able to perfectly dodge everything
what?

Ragnarok was entertaining, but there was no emotional weight to anything in the film at all. Almost everything in Thor's life was destroyed, and neither Thor nor the movie itself lets it bother him in the slightest. That's why I can't put the movie over Guardians 2 or Logan. GotG v.2 actually spends some time letting the characters ruminate about their lives. The actions of the villains in Logan actually make the audience feel something. Hela mows down half of Asgard, destroys Thor's hammer, and basically causes Ragnarok, and not once in the movie did I feel like the death and destruction in the movie carried any emotional weight. Thor Ragnarok is one of the better MCU movies, but it is not in the same league as Logan by any stretch of the imagination.

Forgot to put Spider-Man: Homecoming at the back of that list.

I hope you are talking about Wonder Woman user

Getting impaled by a tree is a pathetic death?

>He wasn't all that braindead yet. He should have listened to Logan and not stay to sleep with a family in the middle of nowhere

Are you fucking retarded? The man was a weary 90-year-old with a degenerative brain disease, who often neglected to take his medication.

You can accept all the impossible shit in these movies, but you can't accept that the Charles in Logan would make a bad decision? Are you serious?

>Getting impaled by a tree was retarded and they could have done it better

What does it matter if he was impaled by a tree? It is established in the first ten minutes of the fucking film that his healing factor was dying out. By the end of the film, it was almost completely gone, and he died to due a massive injury.

Your complaint doesn't even make any sense.

>The doctor and the guy with the metal arm are even worse

Nah, Pierce is pretty entertaining in his own right.

Your complaints are still ridiculous, though, especially when you are bashing Logan in comparison to the other superhero movies of 2017.

valkyrie

Throughout the movie shes getting into fights and is always full on weeb fanfiction of dodging everything.

>Forgot to put Spider-Man: Homecoming at the back of that list.
The only "emotional weight" behind Wonder Woman was the massive relief from DCfriends that it was merely a passable movie and not a flaming bag of dog turds.

It was First Avenger with the best Steve Rodgers scenes torn out and replaced with Thor coffee-cup breaking shenanigans.

She is an elite fighter, of course she is going to be good.

>The only "emotional weight" behind Wonder Woman was the massive relief from DCfriends that it was merely a passable movie and not a flaming bag of dog turds.

Steve Trevor's death elicited more emotion than anything in Homecoming.

>It was First Avenger

Yeah, except the second half of Wonder Woman was actually watchable. First Avenger sucked after the war bonds scene. Even if one doesn't like the last fight with Ares in Wonder Woman, the fight between Cap and Red Skull was just as bad if not worse, and First Avenger didn't have a single good action scene to redeem it the second half of the movie.

>GotG 2 below WW and Homecoming

i swear you guys must have seen a different movie...

JL > WW > Thor > Logan > GOTG2

Wonder Woman is easily better than Guardians or homecoming.

>Someone defending Thor is calling another movie's script awful

>Guardians over Wonder Woman
>Captain America is bad
Holy fuck, what a shitty taste, I bet that you read gweenpool,laugh at family guy and think teen titans go good.

>warriors three get killed off in seconds
>nothing gets anywhere near valkysue

>Wonder Woman is easily better than Guardians or homecoming.
Homecoming whatever but Guardians is definitely better

>I bet that you read gweenpool
I don't read Comics
>laugh at family guy
Haven't seen that show in years
>think teen titans go good.
Oh, i see, you are an ass blasted Teen Titans fag.

>this fucking thread

FUCK YOU ALL, FUCKING FAGGOTS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 WAS THE BEST CAPESHIT MOVIE THIS YEAR.

I really wish ragnarok had a little more emotional weight to it, Odin's death was too brief, the warriors three are killed unceremoniously.

We really didn't get anything that reached Loki's "death" from Thor 1 or 2 that reached those levels.

It was enjoyable though.

It was pretty good but i prefer Thor Ragnarok only because its jokes were a bit funnier

My Mugga. But I too am a fatherless manchild desperado

>the warriors three are killed unceremoniously.
That was the funniest part

>Memers of the Galaxy
>Best anything

It was shit.

>hurr let's all scream like retards
>HAHAHAHA I'M LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW ARE YOU LAUGHING TOO AUDIENCE?
>poop jokes
>dick jokes

So funny. I'm convinced all you faggots who praise GotG2 must be underage, the humor was goddamn atrocious.

GotG 2 > ThorR > Wonder Woman = Homecoming > Logan

The first Captain America is not great. It's not the worst movie in the world, or anything close to that, but it's not as good as the majority of the rest of the MCU or Wonder Woman.

Thor loses his girlfriend, his father, his hammer, his best friends, hundreds of his people (if not thousands), his right eye, and his home planet, and the movie takes next to no time to let any of those tragedies sink in.

Taika Waititi seemed to want to avert the criticisms of the previous MCU films by turning Thor's entire world upside-down, but he treated every world changing development as if nothing even happened.

>>warriors three get killed off in seconds
>>nothing gets anywhere near valkysue
>valkysue
First, you use credibility for using that word.
Second, the Warrior Three were killed by fucking Hela. Remember, the one that actually kicked her ass in the first place and whom she only survived out of sheer luck?

Fuck, if anything, it show that Hogun is better than all of the Valkyries, so it makes your argument invalid.

Throughout the movie she only face second-knifes. So of course she is going to do good against them.

>Thor loses his girlfriend
They mutually broke up, user.

The humor is more about how the characters behave and react to one another than le funny quips for the audience.

>The first Captain America is not great.

The First Avenger is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to MCU movies. It's in the same league as Iron Man 2 and 3, Thor 2, and The Incredible Hulk.

They made the right call. If they gave those emotional scenes the time they deserved, we would have wound up with a 6 hour movie.

If they had attempted to shoehorn in emotional moments without giving the time needed to flesh them out, they would have wound up with Logan.

They shouldn't have made a movie about ragnarok then

>They made the right call. If they gave those emotional scenes the time they deserved, we would have wound up with a 6 hour movie.

Then why didn't they just not have all the death and destruction if they were merely going to glance over it? Logan managed to garner more sympathy in the first 20 minutes than the entirety of Thor Ragnarok.

>If they had attempted to shoehorn in emotional moments without giving the time needed to flesh them out, they would have wound up with Logan.

A movie that actually makes one care about the well being of its characters? Wow, that would be horrible!

Yes they should, the movie we got proved that. it was great.

>0.01 oz of cheese deposited into your account

Oh yeah, it's true, on Sup Forums, you are not allowed to talk about the stuff you like.

I'm not saying they needed ten minutes for every tragedy, just a little more substance is all at least for one of the tragedies.

Loki's fall from the rainbow bridge or the aftermath of their mother's death just one of those types of scenes where we see Thor actually stew in the gravity pf the situation.

GotG 2 is called a memefest but Yondu's death and funeral are treated with the weight it should have, same with Groot's sacrifice in the first movie.