The Return of the Justice Society

In 1961, the JSA, out of action for ten years, finally made their comeback.

barry looks like hes been thinking a little too fast or is about to hit jay with some psionic blast

And as everyone knows this also created the DC multiverse as we know it, though how it was created in-universe wouldn't be expanded upon until Green Lantern #52

>Texas user
>on jest WSS
co on przez to miał na myśli?
to

Moved to Texas too late for elementary school Spanish classes, sorry

It's really bar Polish. He tried to say (I think):
>>Texas user
>>is a WSS (don't know what this acronym means)
>what did he mean by this?

*bad, not bar

So the question is, what did HE mean by this?

And they're going to make another return in 2018 [spoiler[written by Bendis[/spoiler]

>The European Crown Jewels
All of them?

Don't do this to me

Aren't they all conveniently in the Tower of London?

I mean, Europe is just Britain, right?
Sorry I should have known better

The British crown jewels, sure. But the rest of europe, not so much.

Naturally people thought this shit was awesome so they continued testing the waters with another team-up and a Golden Age villain

It needs to happen.

My prediction is still Robinson on JSA, and Humphries was planned on LoSH but now Bendis is gonna claim it because he can't resist doing what will make the most people mad

Damn dude you must be bad at Spanish if you think that's Spanish.

Flash rogues are just so much fun

Bendis will be on Action Comics post 1000

Ding dong, Eddie's gone

I know enough that I probably should have realized that wasn't Spanish, I guess I just assumed since I can't imagine what other language someone would try to speak to a Texan

>Bendis will be on every DC book

I habeeb it

I'm very very happy about it, but saw some hot takes where people were like "good start but everyone above him who didn't fire him a long time ago needs to be fired and entire company restructured"

Some people will just never not be angry, I guess

Someone convince Bendis to have skin surgery, so he'll be too dope up on pain meds to write for awhile.

I'm very curious about how many he's going to take on since he's been doing like five books at a time for a while now which is probably why his writing got five times worse

I wonder what made the difference now vs. then. To be cynical, probably just that national news was reporting on it.

I'm always astonished by the amount of detail in comics of this time despite the obviously limited printing technology. Like even with the limited colors and more primitive printing processes, they put so much more effort and care into the art than a lot of what we get today, especially in the last couple years where simpler colors and lower detail has come back into style.

Hypercrisis

>Green lantern 52
>52

Wack...

As someone with experience with this kind of thing in the corporate world, it's been standard procedure the vast majority of cases to do some kind of "strike" policy, where strikes are not individual incidents but escalating levels of punishment.

So whether they get one complaint or a dozen first step is a reprimand, whether they get one more or a dozen more next step is a conduct class, third is a forced suspension and fourth is finally termination, or something along those general lines.

So if Big Berganza made it to step two and then had no further incidents (because females refused to work close to him), it's not really within policy to fire him.

Now obviously I don't know exactly what went down or how much it continued, but my theory would be that they didn't have reason to fire him within policy but making the news did indeed force their hand. Which is a good thing in this case because Ed was by all accounts ridiculously egregious.

>Jay's apartment number
Hmmmm

That probably means he gets to settle/sue, then.

Also I imagine tolerance for this kind of thing is about to drop dramatically across the board, as it already has in a lot of places the last few years. Last place I worked was 3 reprimands, place before that was 3 incidents period, and I know some places are one incident and you're out no matter what because they don't want to deal with it.

Yup, the use of 52 as the number of Earths is a reference to that issue

It is possible they gave him a meaty severance package to prevent that, since he obviously has connections that have helped him keep the job for as long as he has.

I can't imagine they would do it without completely covering their asses, corporations are scared shitless of litigation.

And the conclusion of the "trilogy"

I kind of suspect that he had signed a new contract back in 2009 and that is what helped shield him back in 2012. They probably ended up paying him a large severance for this firing.
Some comparisons can probably be made to the new Spacey news about how they can't actually fire him from HoC because of his contracts with them.

Yeah I think a lot of people have trouble understanding that there's a shitload of red tape to go through because of legal bullshit, and that's much more restrictive than corporate culture itself.

Of course what the current scandals are doing is lighting a fire under their asses to get them out by any means they can, which I do appreciate. A lot of times the problem with the red tape is simply that it's a huge pain in the ass to go through and no one wants to do it.

>Barry cosplays as John Constantine

There's something I just love about superheroes chilling on the couch while someone brings them coffee.

Probably also relevant that DC is owned by WB now.

This is completely unrelated to the storytime, but do you know why Morrison couldn't use Constantine in Doom Patrol? Wikipedia says that it was became DC editorial blocked Constantine from appearing outside Vertigo, but Vertigo wasn't even created yet

Fox was so brilliant with creative use of powers

Alan Moore hates him.

Never even heard of that, actually. I do know back at that time DC were pretty hardcore about making sure characters only appeared in one place at a time and if they had to have a crossover they had to reference it in both books.

Also this

based snake wizard man

Since I was a graphic novel fag in high school and didn't become a DCfag until much later, my first exposure to most of DC's villains was actually in Sandman, including Vandal Savage and Dr. Destiny. Didn't even know these were DC characters until later on.

Morrison actually wrote issues #25 and #26 of Hellblazer, and those were actually published around the same time as the Willoughby Kipling Decreator issues of Doom Patrol, so it could have been a "two places at once" thing like says

Question: should I post the first JLA/JSA team-up after this, or do that another time?

That's true for me as well, weirdly. Sandman had a lot of outreach I guess.

I think the difference is Carmine Infantino knew what details were important to tell the story. Like most of the action on this page takes place on a flat grid of gritty tiles. In a modern comic this would have been a whole construction site with people running around in the background and you would have been able to read the street address on a coffee shop in the distance. That's all ancillary to conveying the important stuff. The characters should always look like the characters and if they're believable, you can forgive the grid and lumpy purple meteorite whatevers. Modern comics are (no pun intended) all flash and very little visual substance.

Do it now, we've got a good thing going.