What other company that Disney should buy?

What other company that Disney should buy?

Sup Forums
Toei

Mindgeek

Sony

Fox, Sony, Hasbro

Nintendo, Sony.

Square Enix

Didn't Nintendo and Disney try to work out some kind of partnership once?

BET, Comedy Central, and MTV.

Lockheed Martin

Colt

Illumination

All companies and then start a world wide conquer to own every country of the world and create the the great fascist Disney Global Empire.
HEIL MICKEY!!!

>criticizing the Mouse will now result in your neighborhood getting carpet bombed by drones

HEY RATFINK!
2239 DAYS
3 HOURS
21 MINUTES
19 SECONDS
UNTIL YOUR PUBLIC DOMAIN!

nintendo, viacom & hasbro

This. After the purchase, burn it to the ground for the lulz.

The Catholic Church

Oh, but the Walt Disney Company and the Gershwin estate will throw more money at Congress and they'll make a new "permanent copyright" status that costs $100,000 and only applies to current works, not new works.

i hear that somebody in congress wont be bought out and might let it fizzle. but Disney might layer-rule that steamboat wille mickey is different than modern mickey and get another 56 years.

This, for sweet justice

Time Warner, or at least Turner.

Really, it doesn't matter if Mickey is public domain because Disney has a trademark on everything Mickey. So while you could make a cartoon or comic with Mickey you could never package or market it with Mickey.

And trademarks never expire.

nah nigga, Disney is going to push a historic preservation type of policy to protect their IP.

Hasbro or Capcom.

I'd be fine with that, allow the older derivatives to become public domain while keeping the modern versions under copyright for 25 years.

came to post this

Every single one. Disney should absorb every single entertainment company under the sun. That way we'll have only Certified Fresh™ safe uncontroversial movies for the whole family, easily digestible and quickly forgotten so we can move to the next BIGGEST event movie of the year. Month after month. Year after year. Turn off your brain and laugh at the quips, nothing matters, everything is fine.

>salt

look man, Justice League is going to be bad. I WANT it to be good, but it fucking isn't going to be.

>Justice League is going to be bad
How dare you form an opinion before the approved RT score is made public?

American companies can't buy foreign companies.

why not?

Definitely this

I don't know. Disney don't do well with games.

I think that someone said that was what the DC vs the Siegels case was going to do--argue that the Superman that DC has been doing is a derivative of the Siegel/Shuster version, in the same way that Medieval Spawn was argued as being different from Spawn in the Gaiman vs McFarlane case. I don't think it came to that, though.

But still that kind of argument would also work with DC's Golden Age heroes as well. Arguably, when the characters were reintroduced in the 60's as part of Earth-2, they were older and sometimes had their backstories modified. And of course everyone's history was rebooted with COIE. You can have Jay Garrick PD while DC would still own a version of him, for example.

Neither does EA.

not him but I know there's a law that prevents jap companies from getting bought by foreign companies.

Since you guys are already on the subject of Public Domain, Is Tarzan public domain or what?

Considering Disney has killed about as many game studios as EA (and would probably kill them after the purchase), this would a match made in hell

Please don't, then they'll have the fucking Star Wars license forever

Only partially (the first few novels, or something like that). Problem is the ERB estate controls the trademark (and still makes new stuff) so they may challenge other companies that use him.

Dynamite did use Tarzan without the ERB estate's permission (there was a series called Lord of the Jungle) and it ran for a while before ERB sued them over that series and the John Carter one (I think it was called Warlord of Mars). It ended up with a settlement where Dynamite got the comic book rights to Tarzan and John Carter.

The first nine or so books by Edgar Rice Burroughs are (not sure what the status of the Barton Werper books from the '60s is since they weren't legal to begin with) but the character himself is trademarked so the Burroughs family can and has moved to block things based even on the public domain works.

>Implying Disney won’t one day amass enough power and influence to supercede foreign and international laws rather than just American.

Fixed.

>34 Percent of Americans Don't Know Bugs Bunny
literally who?

That report was made back in 1941, only a year after A Wild Hare was made.

i got 2010 but then again i didnt factcheck the data. im pretty sure 93 percent of the world knowing micky mouse is fair.

Only if they kill them the minute they release a game that underperforms.

Which should be approximately instantly.

LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT, ANDREW WILSON

See

WHAT NOW

gotta change bugs to AT&T

Cheeki Breeki???

Apple or Amazon buys Disney instead

Now what?

Eventually they'll get DC and I bet you they'll make a better universe then the garbage Snyder made.

how did a cartoon company did to become such a powerful monster ?

WB maybe we'll finally get some good DC movies

Vince would sooner see his baby crash and burn. which he's doing right now

Is Disney crazy enough to buy itself

ARE. YOU. SERIOUS!?
If true, that explains EVERYTHING about anime vs. cartoons, and manga vs. comics too...

Fantasizing about EA getting the EA treatment.
This arouses me sexually and I want this to happen.

PS: How can EA make money if they buy others and publish games that don't sell and then shut down what they bought?

How can EA make money of this?
Where are they getting their money from ? Satan?

SNK was bought by a Chinese company.

They already owned them

I believe it started when it bought a media company back in the 90's (ABC).

even combined they don't have the money for that.