Avatar is one of the most beloved, successful, and critically acclaimed cartoon in decades...

Avatar is one of the most beloved, successful, and critically acclaimed cartoon in decades. It's praised and still talked about to this day.

So, with that in mind, how has this show influenced the cartoon industry as a whole since it's original airing 12 years ago, in 2005?

Nothing you said is true, only geeks and nerds bring it up as normies hate it.

I'm glade we had this talk.

Not very?

It hasn't. It was the very last cartoon of its era, when Western animation actually tried to compete with anime for once.

We haven't seen anything like it since 2005, and given current trends it's even less likely.

Why hasn't it??

In music, in movies, in games, in all sorts of things, if there's a big hit like this, like let's say Doom, it creates all sorts of works inspired by it and changes the industry!

That requires time, effort, money, and talent. Most cartoons can't afford that.

>it creates all sorts of works inspired by it and changes the industry!
Not always. See Lord of the Rings.

I'm pretty sure Lord of the Rings made orcs, elves, dwarfs, talking trees, and stuff like that popular.

>seriously fucking implying that LotR didn't completely form the basis of very nearly all modern fantasy and influence hundreds if not thousands of authors

Unfortunately, not at all.

Avatar did a lot for the industry, now we get shows with even better plots like Steven Universe.

>with even better plots like Steven Universe.

Normies hate avatar? From what ive heard most people remember it fondly.

Now in terms of influencing other western animation i think its done a little bit with voltron and other Netflix shows i think being more plot heavy.

Thats about as much as i can say other than Steven universe but thats barely scratching what avatar did

>From what ive heard most people remember it fondly.
Most people don't watch cartoons at all, dumbass.

Also nobody gives a flying fuck about Netflix original animation, especially garbage like VLD.

What i meant by most people i meant most people who grew up with avatar, the same people who are around 18-24 ie the current generation

Fake anime is creatively bankrupted.

>Thats about as much as i can say other than Steven universe but thats barely scratching what avatar did

isn't it funny how something that came out over a decade ago is still more developed than something made today that's praised for it's 'plot and lore' lol

Oh, I meant the movies. To this day LotR, Narnia and The Hobbit are the only high fantasy movies worthy of note.

true we need more wacky calarts AT clones that tread water for 7 years and ship everything to korea wholesale anyways

Just about the only worthwhile cartoons are all fake anime.

There's still a lot of movies that are influenced off of the whole grand-scale, big battles at the end.
Jack the Giant Slayer and Oz the Great and Powerful, for example.

The Hobbit is horrendous garbage. Don't you even dare mention it together with LOTR, ever. Unless we're talking books ofc.

No CalArts & Tumblr BS, we want Tex Avery & Bob Clampett.
Debunked years ago, real anime only.

Lore faggotry and shipping went out of control.

You've debunked that these are the top 4 toons?

I don't think so, user.

No they are not.

These are the best TV toons of all time.

>Rocky & Bullwinkle
Good taste user.

Thank you.

>animaniacs
That aside Avatar is still better than most cartoons today.

Well, not in America, at least...

France did cook up a few things.

No, only Animaniacs is good.

Gravity Falls was neither animesque nor AT-like shit, but Sup Forums only ever talks about its writing flaws instead of admitting that that's what western animation should be like.

Gravity Falls was the last golden gasp of a dying industry. It's not gonna start any revolutions, I'm sorry to say.

Daily reminder that if you support this ship you are a KEK who wants your gf to leave you for a douchebag.