Right to Work

Can someone redpill me on "Right to Work"?
I'll be voting on if my state (VA) should ratify it tomorrow and I know nothing about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/investor/2012/12/14/why-milton-friedman-opposed-right-to-work/#79c017d741b9
toledoblade.com/business/2016/04/07/OSHA-fines-company-over-death-of-employee.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UQMC6nUVmMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do you think being forced to join a union to work is a good thing?

forbes.com/sites/investor/2012/12/14/why-milton-friedman-opposed-right-to-work/#79c017d741b9

Do you think you should be forced to fund Democrats through your employer?

I love Milton Friedman so thank you for this

>freedom to work
>right to work

>when in reality it's only a restriction on some parties of the arrangement

>Can someone redpill me on "Right to Work"?

It's SHIT.

Please do not ask this board, it's full of Ayn Rand anti-union cultists.

Right to work means a union can't force you to strike with them. It's the opposite of "closed shop" laws.

>why do you think being forced to join a union to work is a good thing?

That's not how that works faggot. You choose to be employed by an employer who gives union dues.

unions are terrorist organizations.

Right to work is code for "the boss can fire you for any reason, even if you're a measurably better employee than other people he kept."

In any state that allows women to be managers, it's utter shit and serves to depress wages worse than the unions itwas created to fight, even accounting for dues. They literally fire all the men and then all businesses turn to shit.

If the government has anything to do with it, and its a "right" to anything, then you know it's taxes and giving shit to minorities.

basically outlaws unions by giving you a "right to work" to oust union negotiations. On average, right to work states suffer from lesser wages

Is that why you spend so much time here trying to shut it down?

>join union
>pay dues
>union graciously fights for your raises
>which happen to be at market average
>since your company is competing with other companies that have no crooked union

Lol what?
Any manual labor from welding to pipe fitting requires Union membership to go anywhere

Fuck all unions, they're all fucking communist statist democrat assholes.

Right to Work is freedom and liberty and justice for all.

I always thought "right to work" laws meant that you don't HAVE to join a union at your job (assuming your job has unions).

And USUALLY conservatives are pro-"right to work" laws because fuck unions and fuck the jew.

>Right to Work is freedom and liberty and justice for all.

>calls people statist
>wants right to work LAWS

You aren't very bright are you?

that's actually not a bad way to put it

Ironically, "right to work" gives you no right to work

Right to work means you don't need to join a labor cartel to get a job.

okay henry ford calm down

>Apply to TOPS
>"lol you have to join our union"
>tell them I want to know what exactly that entails
>"yeah i dont really know, come back next week and we'll have an answer"
>go back next week
>"yeah we still don't know so either take the job or leave we're wasting money"
>take the job
>find out being "Unionized" means they just take 15% of your money
>quit

not even once

uaw-ford guy here, the few people that have done it are wishing they never did. for a small union maybe, but now they lost everything union related like bonuses and contract perks.

>standing right next to president of your country
>keeps his hands in pockets
I wouldn't give him a fucking penny and then send back to Africa for being this disrespectful

That's literally not how unions work.

In "right to work" a union is voted on by the workers (if 50% or more vote yes to union, you are allowed to find a union to represent you).
The work can either
>let you become union
or
>fire everyone on the spot
In places like Mcdonalds, they would fire everyone.

Hillary wants to force every single job to be union from the start, meaning you as the employee have zero say in what kind of union you want.

To use the latest example of why a union would be a bad thing.
Hostess closed down some years ago because the union kept trying to ((get)) more money from Hostess. Hostess made it clear they would liquify everything before giving the employees even more money, so they can either keep their jobs or lose their jobs.
Union didn't care, union kept fighting to get more money. Hostess closes down, thousands lose job anyways.

Making a paycheck > not having a job.

More and more companies would rather just shut down altogether than allow their workers to unionize.

It's destroying untold jobs.

sequential digits confirm again

It's anti union and mandates at will employment in the state, meaning no worker protections. I.e. Your boss can fire you for any reason and doesn't have to justify it, your boss isn't on the hook for workmans comp if you get injured on the job, and you have zero recourse.

It's slavery disguised as anti-communism.

I'm the same I was going to vote No on right to work?

Right to work is the radical notion that you don't pay a union in order to ply a trade.

if you vote no it means you believe people should not be allowed to have a job without joining a union, whether they want to or not, they have to pay union dues and follow union rules or they are not allowed to have a job

i see

>getting jewed by some useless union
This isn't the early 1900s where your employer would let you die inhaling fumes.

>Your boss can fire you for any reason and doesn't have to justify it, your boss isn't on the hook for workmans comp if you get injured on the job, and you have zero recourse.

There is nothing wrong with any of this. These horseshit mandates are why we have hundreds of thousands of fewer jobs than we should. I would never bother being a job creator with so little flexibility.

If its your employer's fault that you were injured on the job its HIS responsibility to pay you workers comp

go ahead and try to pay your bills injured with absolutely no recourse you unintelligent faggot. We have OSHA for a reason, you have a right to be safe at your work establishment, you have a right to training your job and you have the right to know the hazards and you have the right to personal protective equipment for said hazards.

Oh but "theres nothing wrong with not having protective equipment" go ahead grab a high voltage electrical wire without protective gloves

Nobody has a right to anything.

>hurf durf the laws that give you protection from work hazards are dumb and you don't have them fuck that noise

If somebody doesn't want to deal with work, he shouldn't work in a place with work hazards. Be a fucking novelist if you want to have your cake and eat it too.

If your employer doesn't offer workers comp, then he's not responsible for any injury. I'm not sure how it works in every state, but I'm pretty sure the laws on the books generally require workers comp for most dangerous jobs. And that has absolutely nothing to do with right to work laws.

Jesus, people do your homework before you fall for this shit. I'm redpilled as all getout (may Dems and especially Madam Stinking Cunt Shillary burn in hell for 9 eternities and I'll send 'em hotdogs and marshmallows to roast over their flaming souls they sold to the highest bidder) but I'm still a member of a union because us little people are woefully outnumbered. Big Business exists for the sole purpose of maintaining the status quo.
>if you have money and power, you will be protected and allowed to keep to keep it.
>if you have neither, special interests and lobbyists will make sure you stay that way.
I feel conflicted because I'm pro-GOP but in the same mental breath they so fucking ALWAYS go the routes of:
>nepotism
>graft
>buddy-buddy
>good ole boy
The whole goddamn system's corrupt as fuck and likely broken beyond redemption, all we can do is band together in whatever ways we can to fight all the fuckers that live off of fucking over the rest of us.
Too busy to post links right now, go Wiki labor history in the US in the 19th century. Note how state governors and militias were called out to shoot people striking (standing up for justice) and burn strikers' camps to the ground (often murdering strikers' families in the process) because their Masters said it was just and necessary.

>If somebody doesn't want to deal with work, he shouldn't work in a place with work hazards.
Thats up to you and thats your choice whether to work in those environments but if you DO choose to work in those environments you're entitled to training, knowledge and protective equipment to tackle and avoid those hazards.

I'm pretty sure any job thats not an office job offers workers comp. In NY anyway, every job is required to have comp

So employers are evil and that's why unions exist but employers have rights therefore you have to join a union? How is this not a Democratic power-grabbing scam?

also I think I fucked that up and forgot what I was talking about

voting NO is good
voting YES is cronyism

The first part is true. Second part is true only if your stupid and stay at said business. When you find a good company then its sweet. Because they will FIRE idiots and lazy fucks.

Right to work is already a thing here in VA. We're voting on whether it should merely be a law or part of the Constitution of Virginia. Get it straight.

A NO vote will make unions stay the same.
A YES vote will neuter the power of unions.

It's an attempt for employers to fuck over their workers. If you're an employer, vote yes. If you work for a living vote no.

Imagine having to pay money monthly so a bunch of fuctards can go screw you over and not represent you. This is basically unions. They at like jooz nt doing their dobs and taking the hard earned money of the working people to fund the shekel addiction. Oftentimes they're in kahoots with you employer so they don't ever do jack either.

right to work laws make it illegal for a union to compel employee membership

since this is already illegal for private unions it's really only for public unions which shouldn't exist to begin with.

Voting yes to this and voting yes to the tax exempt to spouses of law enforcement (unless they get remarried.)

Do I get an A+?

You savage Russian you.

He did turn into a tranny though, so I can't blame you.

And I know that some unions have bad track records, but the actions of some select few do not reflect the beliefs of the majority. If you enjoy any of the following "perks" in your life, thank unions for:
> 40 hour week
> overtime
> pensions
> health insurance
> weekends/holidays
> arbitration
> annuities
> workplace safety

They're called "The right to not eat food" laws. Basically they allow any fat lazy fuck to join a union right away, but without needing to pay dues. So he takes the free lawyers without paying for them. Do you like welfare and being fired without cause? For rothschild? Vote for it

I'm cancelling out your vote.
Fuck police families. They get enough free crap already. And the right to work laws are a crock of shit. Virginia has the worst pay/benefits of any state I've lived in.

Unions are the primary reason why we've lost millions of jobs to foreign and illegal labor. What the fuck is a pension and overtime gonna do for the unemployed?

>the boss can fire you for any reason, even if you're a measurably better employee than other people he kept

And there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you have a statement to the otherwise in writing, nobody owes you a job.

I generally think unions are a good thing in the private sector (fuck public sector unions) since my granddad was a union man. Right to work, though morally just, erodes the power of unions to vanishing levels

Milton Friedman was a Saint
So good, so pure

>narrowminded idiot not realizing collective bargaining is worth 15% of pay

>I'm a reductive faggot stuck with annoying vagueness because I don't know how to argue

Vote yes
Fuck unions.

Fuck you nigga. Proud IAFF member here

What does that mean?? Employers HAVE to pay for unions??? Im fucking confused but i have to vote on this plz explain :D

Fuck (you)nions

Unions in a free market allow labor to peacefully collaborate with capital. If you care about the plight of the working man then you care about unions.

toledoblade.com/business/2016/04/07/OSHA-fines-company-over-death-of-employee.html
>CLYDE, Ohio — A Sandusky County company has been fined by federal safety regulators following a fatal accident last October in which an employee died from overexposure to toxic fumes.

>U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration said on Wednesday that a 31-year-old employee of W.E. Soil Enhancement was overcome by hydrogen sulfide gas while pumping manure into a tanker truck at a farm near Clyde. The employee, who wasn’t identified by name, later died.

>OSHA issued three safety citations and fined the company $16,800. The company has the option to contest fine and citations.

>Following an investigation of the death, the agency said Bellevue-based W.E. Soil Enhancement did not provide proper safety controls, such as providing respiratory protection or monitoring units. OSHA also said the company hadn’t properly trained workers on the dangers of hazardous materials and did not properly develop a hazard communication program.

>Hydrogen sulfide is a highly poisonous gas that occurs naturally in a variety of situations, including decomposing manure. The gas, which smells of rotten eggs in low concentration, is especially dangerous because it is heavier than air and can build up in low-lying or enclosed areas.

>W.E. Soil Enhancement could not be reached for comment.

I feel like unions wouldn't be so bad if they didn't force people to join them. I mean, if someone wants to join and is okay with paying, then fine. But if someone doesn't want to join, that should be fine too.

The Hostess example is such a good one, because if I recall the workers didn't even want to strike or were happy with what the company was offering. The union however kept striking because it was industry wide and had something to do with other bakers unions striking in other states.

If there is a union it should only be within the company itself. Trade unions are garbage.

Yeah they fucked up, got fined and are finished as a company.

IF a union is formed in a 'right to work' state THEN a) scabs have zero disincentive to replace union men and (thusly) b) employers have much more leeway to quash any unions

I agree, unions should have to work to recruit new members. I wouldn't want to join a union that would just donate union dues to Hillary Clinton and other Democrat politicians.

In theory.

Most the time unions are just a second boss that takes a cut of your check rather than adding to it.

the 'union boss' doing nothing takes home more in salary than any of the union's members. fuck unions. vote right to work and keep your money.

FUCKING SCAB

I mean I hope you understand the ramifactions of your argument; a lack of compulsion implies no ramification for non-union replacement work in the event of a strike.

t. fucking scab

Right to work is more like right to freeload. If you opt out, you still get everything the union bargins for without paying dues. Fuck you. If you dont want to join a union, fine. Go apply at some shit lower wage employer.

>narrowminded idiot
>actually asked questions and wanted to learn what working for a company would mean for him

Where the fuck did this cancerous mindset come from? You should always question these things especially if it involves what you will be making money off of for a living.

Then the unions never get hired and workes continue to revert back to serfdom.

Right to work for less.

Even in practice, at minimum that 'second boss' is at least fighting for your pay/benefits. There are abuses (detroit obvs) but the balance between labor and capital is the critical thing here.

youtube.com/watch?v=UQMC6nUVmMc

>Give nigger an opportunity to be someone
>Still finds a way to absolutely fuck his life up

No, it means the unions have to make themselves an attractive option for employees rather than relying on compulsion.

If you have to force people to join your organization, it's not a good organization

It depends.

Private Sector Unions are just another contract between employees and employers.

Public Sector Unions are Communist Cancer since they are paid for with tax dollars (no free market forces present during negotiations) and enforced by Government. It also acts as a foil to Political Will as the Bureaucrats are heavily entrenched with many Legal Barriers preventing them from being removed by Congress or the President. This is the 5th Column.

When corporations are willing and able to spend a fortune moving their entire operation half a world away to find affordable employees and succesfully turn a profit doing so, you know unions have fucked up.

Basically the unionized American worker is a generic third person shooter game sold at full retail price with day one dlc, micro-transactions and a season pass. Who the fuck would pay for all of that when you can just pirate the game(illegal aliens)?

Unions are nothing more than legal gangs. They just want your money and will bully other businesses into forcing them to join their union. It happened a lot in the 70s and 80s. I fucking hate unions.

Right to work is the right to work for less.

Fucking this. They call themselves UNIONS a union should have all of their employees interests at heart. If they can't appeal to enough workers where the "scabs" actually become a problem then they are doing something wrong.

>cancerous mindset
I don't prefer being a dick but a union's function is fairly self evident and you almost certainly can go over droog'z heads to find union literature.

I apologize for the invective but for fucks sake a union job is literally always better than a non union job at the same pay

>15% of your money

You lying motherfucker. There isn't a union in existence that takes out dues that high.

Do you live in a right to work state? I can tell you that isn't the effect, albeit the desired one

They still should be able to provide it to anyone who asks. They must be incompetent if they can't even do that much. I know unions aren't supposed to be bad but let's be realistic they are run by people and people are fucking stupid.

I mean, forcing people to join unions kinda reminds me of those homeless guys who wipe off your windshield and expect you to pay them for it.

Even if it wasn't a homeless guy with a dirty newspaper, but instead a bunch of professionals who actually make my car look really nice, why should I be forced to pay them? I never asked them to do this for me. If I want their service, I would have willingly paid for it beforehand.

I voted for "Right to Work" in VA.
The way I see it, it allows you have a choice of whether or not you want to be part of a labor union.

If "Right to Work" isn't protected you can't hold simple fucking jobs without joining a union and paying their fee.
I learned this in high school. Maryland has this shit where you have to join a union to work any job. My first job was as a bag boy at a grocery store. I had to pay $60 from my first two pay checks EVER to a fucking union I didn't want to be a part of.

Fuck that.
Unions are just shitty gangs looking to take more out of my paycheck.
Thank God I live in Texas.

The aristocracy must feel so nice! While I concede there are abuses (and cross industry unionization is one of the biggest) the balance between labor and capital is real and fully enforced by organized labor

t. Enjoyer of Weekends

see
apparently this WAS a shifty organization and I may have judged too quickly

kek my dad didn't have to pay union dues when he started working in pennsylvania because his cousin was mafia

>Bagboys are unionized.

And that's why every "bagboy" I've ever seen was a middle-aged mexican lady.

unions are a good thing for most workers though, just saying.

Hillary says I have a right to wet work.

How can Trump compete?