/para/natural

>*EDIT* Hey all, Paranatural will be on break until the 28th. A family member passed away suddenly and I will be gone without the means to work on comics until the end of the month. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Does god just want to kill all the Morrisons? Does he pity this glass wristed family? Surely there can't be many more left. It's a wonder they've survived this long

This no new updates would have been fine if Zack, oh I don't know, split the last update up properly to he could have a buffer, but I guess he wouldn't live up to the hack name then

Zack's wrist confirmed dead and buried.

This, every webcomic artist already figured out how to work with buffers if they're going to do scheduled updates.
>paranatural
>scheduled updates
oh, right.

Still, my condolences.

>1 low-quality update in November
>$1.7k a month

Chapter 5 is definitely going to hit the three year mark.

Muh wrist
Muh constantly dying family
Muh conventions

Is the family member the real Zack that died years ago when Paranatural was good and was replaced by this weak-wristed Hack-Zack?

Maybe he finally died of hunger in their basement dungeon? The irony being if he had weaker wrists he could have slipped the manacles.

he became a lazy fuck after his rise to fame, it was a mistake for Sup Forums to get invested on him. Also fans have been telling him to do one page a week if it was to much for him, he ignored the advice like a jackass.

He's lying.

This.
Where the exploding wrists at?

>uh, it looks like I'm moving again, guys. This will easily take a week and a half. I know regular people working a 9 to 5 don't typically take a week off to move, but there's no way I can ink two pages in that time.

>Chapter 5 Page 1
>posted Dec.30.14 at 01:49 am

You can do it, Zack! Just one extra month of hiatuses and meandering plotlines!

Didn't this happen before? Hard to keep track of every reason Zack's used to delay the comic.

His grandpa was the last one I think

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

I think there's been a dead grandmother (or 3) we've also had moving house, wrists of glass, and "I'm going to another con".

My first comment on the "7 Updates In One" drop was that he should have used it to set up a backlog. Which he would have immediately needed, apparently.

The family member was him

Won't say the loss of a family member isn't a valid excuse but with the constant hiatuses it's getting extremely painful. End the chapter and then I can get some form of closure and stop reading.

he would have had lost of pages in reserve had he done that and a couple of time when he did 2 page spreads.

I dropped this comic in like 2015 because of the year long dodgeball saga compounded with a massive drop in style and the billion delays.

It's not gotten any better, has it?

The pandering is so blatant it hurts! Why couldn't he at least be subtle about it!

>1 background

I still can't believe he thought this was important enough to dedicate an entire page to.

Pandering to your only audience is pretty important user. The store shelves won't empty by themselve.

At least the backgrounds are gradients. Now they're just blank

Good god fuck this page. Everyone already knew RJ was nonbinary since it's literally stated on the cast page, and nobody ever hated it because it was never shoved down our throats like this. How do you go from one of the all-time best webcomics to a gross combination of bad writing, pacing, and pandering? Seriously, glass wrist art aside, what happened here?

He read Sinfest.

>oh man, I'm getting a lot of attention for my webcomic! It's really taking off!
>wow, Sup Forums likes my webcomic! They've got threads about it each day!
>Oh, they're not very positive, oh well
>Wow!! Tumblr really likes my comic too!
>they're saying that I should change some things, maybe that'll make my thing better
>tumblr is constantly praising me, I'll listen to their advice. It'll get them to praise me more

I miss those Web stream he had where Sup Forumsmrades would brain Storm with him possible future characters.

how convenient, that he has to take a break around the holidays.
just fucking say it, dude. don't lie about people dying.

Tumblr and Twitter. Have you even seen his Twitter dude? It's a mindless echo chamber.

Forgot what update these comments were for and I just looked it up, it was the Mad Max one that had a really bad copypaste + zoom-in job.

I won't stoop so low as to do personal attacks on Zack and his family.

I have only this to say to Zack: if only you could trim your shit before you even grab your pencil and sketch this chapter's cover page. A rereading doesn't even justify the disjointedness of the plot threads, continuity, tone, and character development. You could've saved money in the amount of pages to support on your site. You could've saved your wrist from overworking, your brain from a possiiblity of burning out. You could've saved time wasted from writing off course instead to spend with your family and friends. You could've been wiser and played safe, because you were a novice artist who just struck gold at first try with a work was really astounding to everyone that it broke obscurity.

We're just all disappointed around here.

>End the chapter and then I can get some form of closure and stop reading.
It really asks for it, especially with the recent edge and exhaustive tying that's been going around - e.g the Isaac vs Everybody drama was so cringy to watch it's not even engaging anymore...spare us a goddamn breather for once.

I kinda thought it was subversive, a lampooning of people who choose unconventional sexualities because it was "T R E N D Y".

>tumblr and twitter is constantly praising me, I'll listen to their advice
FTFY

The last update deserved to be multiple pages, otherwise the impact of the reveal would've been broken up across several weeks. He DOES need a fucking buffer though.