It's the charm. The charm and excitement of Marvel is gone. Everything feels hollow, cheap, and synergized...

It's the charm. The charm and excitement of Marvel is gone. Everything feels hollow, cheap, and synergized. Rarely do we get moments like pic related, moments that actually make you feel emotions rather than making you feel like you're going through the motions. Gone are your favorite heroes and, if you're lucky, replaced by new bland and forgettable legacy characters.

I'm a diehard comic reader and I can't even get excited for anything on the publisher's line, the video games are either non-existent or forced to only use MCU character, so far everything but Agents of SHIELD has sucked television wise, and the films, well starting to break free from their mold, still all feel the same and are completely predictable. It feels like there's no passion

peter told jj he's spider-man? what issue?

Zdarsky's "The Spectacular Man-Child".

do they kiss afterwards

Peter acts more like an adult in Peter Parker than he has in a decade

>next event
>Gwenpool use sword and undo all shit that Marvel done in recent years

You don't moments like this at DC either.

ur dumb

Nigga what?

Marvel is just reaping what they sowed.

They believed that a world without heroes, only assholes, would be more interesting? Well, now they have it.

>OP doesn't mention DC
>no one else mentions DC
>REE DC SUCKS

You're right, DC is emotionless trash too.

Nigga this was last week.

And when was the last moment like this? That's my point

That image feels really weird. It's basically 40's Superman wearing the modern costume.

>And when was the last moment like this?
Last week, like he said.

Yeah for one issue so far. Did you read the previous issues? They were as bad or worse than Slott's take.

I think he was still pretty manchild-y doing his Zdarskysms though this was the least bad so far.

Him going OCTOPUS TOOK OVER MY BEAUTIFUL BODY! when he could already tell Jameson was losing it for instance.

Yes, I read everything. He still acts more mature than he does in Slott's book. Christ, why can you not read?

I actually thought that issue was really crap and failed to connect to its emotional highs but YMMV I guess.

>so far everything but Agents of SHIELD has sucked television wise

You're saying Agents of Shit was good, but Daredevil sucked, so this post cab be safely disposed of in the nearest garbage bin.

>implying Daredevil season two was good
No.

Nobody mentioned season 2 but you, and either way it was still better than AoS.

This. Marvel is finished.

>but Daredevil sucked
You brought up Daredevil season two by bringing up Daredevil. You didn't specify season 2 which means you're talking about it as a whole. And no, Daredevil as a whole is not better than Agents of Shield as a whole.

Sometimes Marvel can surprise you.

That's like saying a toddler acts more mature than an infant

Well, I called it out year ago of how S.J.W would ruin everything you loved...have fun with this shight.

>Ellis
C'Mon son, he's by far their best writer and the only British invasion guy still doing work for them

>the video games are either non-existent or forced to only use MCU character
mugga Lego Marvel 2 just came out today and has a fuck-ton of obscure comic characters making their first vidya debut

So then we're in agreement that there is a difference, good

Oh yeah.

Great issue.

>Gwenpool fixes the Marvel Universe

What was going on with Doom before this? I don't read comics other than those storytimed here sometimes. I know Gwen directly attacked his character arc, but I don't know what that arc was to begin with.

>YMMV
Kill yourself, worthless TVTropes autist.

wtf

And yet NONE of them are from the X-Men or F4 franchises.

obviously this is the most emotional moment of the year.

>war criminal in a conflict that didn't need to happen
>hero

THIS.

>moving the goalpost

Doom was doing a whole redemption arc and was trying to prove himself as a superhero by becoming the new Iron Man after Tony went into a coma.

batman signs his cape anyways.

china isn't working on a fish man...
poor aquaman

night light
and
sighborg

kek

Wait, did he lie about the bomb and just kill him, because he is mad? The drawing is unclear.

Could you storytime? what happened to the boy?

The entire series revolves around the fact that Karnak is a villain cloaked in self-delusion and ego.

>I burned all these kids
>TRUE AMERICAN HERO

What did America mean by this?

Well that sounds intriguing. I expect the book bombed hard ??

Usual Warren Ellis delays, 6 issues published in the span of 18 months.

she finally got the hug she always wanted.

>I masturbate to revisionist history, where my fellow countryman didn't rape and pillage

I bet you also think the Holocaust is a fun topic. Wait, forgot where i am.

Beautiful, right?

I love how, even in Bizarro's description, Batman is still Batman.

Oh god, i just remembered Ellis wrote Supergod.
Do i even want to read this?

>shark
>leaping out of the water
>with arms
>with dyed red mohawk
>heart tattoo
>dual-wielding Uzis

WAT.

RHATO is full of feels when Bizarro's concerned.
Kommandi Challenge is a project DC has going where every issue is helmed by another writer and artist. Whatever plot the issue before followed, the next has to continue that story.

>he doesn't believe every member of the US military is a sadistic rapist, this must mean he's a holocaust denier!

It's not the same philosophy as Supergod if that's what you're asking. If anything it's closer to a deconstruction of Ellis' Avatar work.

Forever Evil making Luthor love his Bizzaro was a great decision.

>forced to only use MCU character
>And yet NONE of them are from the X-Men or F4 franchises.
>a moved goalpost
>>>>>>

>the video games are either non-existent or forced to only use MCU character
This is factually incorrect, because plenty of the characters in the game are not MCU characters. The argument presented in the OP didn't say anything about X-Men or FF (not F4 you fucking casual), so it is indeed moving the goalposts.

And it's a failed attempt anyway, because Kang, an FF character who can't be used in the MCU, is the main antagonist of the game.

>fight in war, that was itself a warcrime
>massive civil casualties

>serve and be automatically treated as hero

Thats some high end logic there.

The modern costume is shit.

>treated as hero
yurop doesn't know shit about (recent) american history the post

That's good bait

>ree stop disliking my shitty comics
Please, tell me what is good from Marvel right now?

>he thinks it's bait, that must me he disagrees with every statement in the post!
>he doesn't think they're ALL monsters, he must think they're ALL heroes
sometimes I forget how stupid a lot of you are.

>posting Johns as a counter
Johns is as hollow and vapid a writer as I've ever seen and his stories reflect that. His attempts at emotion come off as completely inauthentic.

In all honesty I don't think I've ever felt any of that level of emotional sincerity from a western comic (at least a western cape comic). Even stuff I really love like Animal Man, the emotion never quite registers for me. I've never seen anything with the emotional sincerity of, say, Sesuji wo Pin because it kind of feels like that idealistic, romantic feeling of creating a comic is dead.

Need trunks and red boots. It looks ike he's wearing footie pajamas.

His JSA was pretty good same with Aquaman.

Does Superman run on hope? Were we mislead into thinking it was the Sun all this time?

...so was he actually a bomb or did Karnak mean metaphorically or

Now *that's* comics.

Wait, why would Gwen bring back evil Doom? She was trying to be good, right? She rejected villainy

This is mad feels, even if it's ripping off an old Spider-Man moment.

>Pete finds the strength to lift the debreis by thinking about all the people depending on him
>Eddie lays down and dies

kek

But Eddie's going to fight Kraven again next issue.

Because she wants to matter in-universe and wants to be established as a good guy, to reduce risk of death-by-plot or cancellation.

Decided best way to do that was to defeat the most villainy villain (Doom). She's mad Doom isn't a villainy villain anymore.

...So she became a villain anyway, by virtue of being fucking stupid?

is..this comic actually this good?

YOU POSTED THE WRONG IMAGE OP BUT DONT WORRY I GOTCHU MAN
But seriously, IMO *almost* everything that isn't Ditko or Romita aint canon to me. Fuck what Marvel says

unless you're either Palmiotti and bullshit your way through or Tom King and just not give a shit

Karnak killed the guy and then tried to play it off as the dude exploding on his own rather than it being Karnak murdering him in a fit of rage.

if this doesn't say comics I don't know what does

And yet, when something good like Runaways come out, cancellation numbers at issue #2.
Good job, Sup Forums.

Where can I read up on that? Not really familiar with the US history.

Blame Comic fans.

>Tumblraways
>good

>tfw you summon the Ghost of Doom Past to do battle
gnarly