Human beings are inherently benevolent beings who have the potential to be corrupted by religion

>human beings are inherently benevolent beings who have the potential to be corrupted by religion

or

>human beings are inherently malevolent beings who have the potential to be saved by religion

Dang, which one?

There is no one friendlier than the person who is alone. There is no one scarier than the person who is part of a mob.

A mob isn't always a violent mob and a loner isn't always friendly loner.

What kind of shit are you trying to pull, Japan?

>>human beings are inherently malevolent beings who have the potential to be saved by religion

This. Abrahamic religion is the rise of mankind from the original sin of humanity in its brutish, material form to transcendence, the Platonic ideal of the Good and all that emanates from that---justice, grace, etc.

Humans are more likely to be malevolent but they can be carved into something benevolent by forces such as religion.

Christianity as a whole doesn't do a good job at explaining and putting into practice the belief and understanding that the entire world is a perpetual balance and conflict of the symbiotic relationship between what people would call good and evil.

Are we malevolent because we're malevolent or are we malevolent because we're intelligent and have a word for the concept of bad?

Humans are benevolent with members of their tribe, absolutely ruthless and cruel with the others. And they tend to consider their religion as their tribe.

We're malevolent because it's easier to be malevolent. It's easier to steal something than to work for it.

>Christianity as a whole doesn't do a good job at explaining and putting into practice the belief and understanding that the entire world is a perpetual balance and conflict of the symbiotic relationship between what people would call good and evil.

Tyger Tyger, burning bright...

But yes, I agree. Nietzsche was right when he said the ancient Greeks had a better understanding and perspective of the world.

But rarely do people do things because it's easier, also I think it'd debatable whether or not being evil is really more beneficial than being reciprocal and nice.

This is what people don't want to admit. We're only animals. Being with your own kind and liking it isn't racist, neither is being wary of outsides.

You have to stop thinking in terms of 'survival of the fittest' bullshit. Humans have evolved beyond human thinking. We have the capacity to think about our own thought processes and fix/change them.

If we only thought in terms of "what will benefit me in the physical existence" then a belief in God would have no place. Neither would a selfless religion like Christianity ever have followers.

The spirit does exist. A higher order of thinking and feeling does exist. Don't let atheist propaganda lull you into 'survival of the fittest' type mentality.

>beyond human thinking.
*animal thinking

Neither

It's "human beings have free will to shape their own destiny"

Both, humans aren't made from a cookie cutter and people can be different from each other. Some people are a some are b.

>You have to stop thinking in terms of 'survival of the fittest' bullshit. Humans have evolved beyond human thinking. We have the capacity to think about our own thought processes and fix/change them.

No we do not at all. We don't even have free will bud.

kekd

>We don't even have free will bud.

This is a fundamental disagreement you and I both have. We cannot discuss any further.

Related to OPs picture. Whats Pols opinion on chival warfare? Treating your enemy as your friend, just knowing you need to fight them because you have conflicting interests. Not hating them for trying to kill you, and them feeling the same back. Showing each other respect and kindness when can be spared.

>Those are the only two options
wew

Also the

>leaf

Meme is real

> It's "human beings have free will to shape their own destiny"

Delusion tier.

No, I don't think you understand.

I don't hold either belief, nor am I looking for a legitimate answer.

whites benevolent
others malevolent

>human beings are inherently benevolent and malevolent beings who have the potential to control themselves or be become overwhelmed by these extremes, if religion helps with self control use it.

Stay tethered m8

>human beings are beings and many of them participate in religion.

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Read the news for the answer. Why has every man who has ever lived(except Christ of course) lied, stole, coveted and cheated?

>it's an Aussies and New Zealanders believe in free-will thread

wew laddie this isn't the thread I was looking for. I'm a simple (You)man

do they put something in the water down there?

The Jews of Paul's day had the same self-righteous spirit you have. It will not fool God.
>inb4 haha the jews are all completely evil and literal children of satan
What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?

7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

8 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

>self-control over evil
Tell me someone who hasn't lied. Tell me someone who hasn't coveted. We all do these things because it is our very nature to do so. Fortunately, God is so merciful that he came down as a man to save His people on the cross. To be saved, you must believe in the atoning power of Christ's death on the cross and repent of your sins. Humble yourself before him and ask for his perfect salvation as an ungodly sinner, and thou shalt be saved

>It's a "All humans are either X or Y" episode
>even worse, it's a rerun

neither. religion doesn't change someone's personality, merely reflects it.

Human beings are autonomous machines with their own self interest as their only driving mechanism. Altruism is a result of a complex series of risk-reward calculations done by the brain that's able to project that stability for others will provide a safer environment for their offspring or other humans that they have partiality to.

None of this is a bad or good thing. It's just a superstition that we attach to our subconscious actions that we call morals or ethics.

This is the truth. I want to tattoo this on my forehead so everyone can read it.

Where did I say these were the only two options? These are the options for the dregs.

The latter.

Atheism is worship of self. Which leads to moral depravity and ego. It's what leads to depraved demonic like people like Podesta, or the Clintons.

Christianity is all about restraint. To acknowledge humans are sinners, but to constantly fight our sins.

Christianity is also a religion of punishing the wicked. Which is what we need to do.

hobbes

How about:
>every human is different

Fucking moronic christcucks.

>human beings are inherently benevolent beings

its this. crowley was right.

>the human beings are shadows meme

lol pessimism strikes again

Neither.

>human beings are inherently beings.

solved

>It's what leads to depraved demonic like people like Podesta, or the Clintons.
How can you be an atheist and worship demons/satan? Not sure if leaf logic or christcuck logic.

>But rarely do people do things because it's easier,

Can only occur when people are very similar. European soldiers fighting each other, where their only difference was language and barely at that, is a very different situation compared to what we're in today.

We're too different, we both think of each other's as monsters because we don't understand each other. Plus those Muslim bastards are monsters anyway.

A big part of occult worship is that God does not exist in the Christian sense, and that they are actually Gods if they harmonize with certain entities or ideas enough.

Atheism is not an extension of christcuckoldry. It literally just means you do not believe in deities.

i mean individuals can be saved by religion like from substance abuse problems, there are numerous instances of that

but when has religion ever stopped a war

Well if you start with a dialect proposing a shitty thesis, and a shitty anti-thesis, you are going to get a shitty synthesis and a shitty thread. The dialect is actually why Sup Forums is mostly shit. Life is short, don't live it inside synthetic dialects.

both kinds of people exist

I know the dawkins, hitchens, and harris retorts.

You're a jewish pawn. You abandon the ideology that has kept the depraved in line for centuries. Nothing they love better than a good goy that hates God.

Think about it. Hitchens, Krauss, Harris, Michael Shermer. Only Dawkins is non jewish.

The rest are ALL ashkenazi jews. That's 80% of them. All praised by jewish media.

Connect the dots you imbecile, the parasite has tricked you yet again with fallacious logical arguments and a misunderstanding and straw man approach to religious belief.

either/or thinking focuses on difference and is important for pre-schoolers.
both/and thinking requires more and is important for citizens.
Luckily there are no citizens here, just infantile shoppers living in marketplaces, kept in conflict and artificial want.

The second one is the closest to reality...but remove the word religion and replace it by God, religions are just interpretations of God, and every religion (including christianity) is a flawed vision of God.

So, one must be aware of it, to not become in a puppet of religious leaders...but the fact that we dont understand God at it plenty is sad.

Jesus Christ is a Jew, the Old Testament is Jewish.

>literally sidestepping the argument after I called you out on not even knowing what atheism means
>calls other people imbeciles all the while spewing fallacies
Ironically enough you're a pawn to some sandnigger book.

Old nip saying probably

You're wrong. The book is a guide. It is the writings of others who have had experiences with God. It's not as cut and dried as the ashkenazi sociopaths claim.

Read Augustine's confessions, you'll understand when you do.

Jesus is the son of God. His vessel means nothing. He is opposed to jews.

>>human beings are inherently malevolent beings who have the potential to be saved by religion

Literally could not care less. You tried arguing that atheism can involve satanic worship even though it completely contradicts it and you started harping on about evil jews the moment you got BTFO. You entire base premise is flawed, so you might want to work on that before arguing, dumb leaf.

Saved you say?
Nah, religion won't save you, it will control you. What usage that control over you will give is up to the leader who controls.

You're retarded. Read about occult belief.

Why would I listen to moronic ramblings written by leaf cucks like yourself over the fucking dictionary?

Atheism means you don't believe in deities. Worshipping satan means you believe he exists and therefore disqualifies you from being an atheist. It doesn't get any more simple than that.

Fuck leaf+christcuck is a dangerous combo for stupidity.

Just read about occult belief. Binaries don't make sense in their context.

You need to expand your mind beyond the simple one dimensional ideas you'd find in mainstream media. I will warn you though, the knowledge could affect you in a negative way.

It's true.

I don't give a fuck what satanists think of themselves. Their/your feelings literally do not matter against objective facts. If satancucks think 2+2=5 that doesn't mean shit. Likewise, you thinking atheists can worship deities because you've been indoctrinated into hating anyone with a different belief system (or lack thereof) doesn't change the objective meaning of the word.

People are generally pretty barbaric. Literally all of Western morality and modern enlightenment altruism stems from Christian morals.

You'll understand once you read about it. It's not something I can just tell you. I was an atheist at one point. It feels good to think you understand everything.

You need to ask yourself what is objective?

If all human perception depends on subjective input vav. our brains, logical deduction becomes an infinite series of regressions, where only your model in question is explained by said model. Thus inference from one model to another doesn't work very well, and historically fails epically in science, where tests of cointegration between various factors almost never garner an r^2 large enough to validate said model by statistical analysis.

Read into Bayesian statistics, and you will start to open your mind to more than just simple model binary logic of "true" and "not true"

You know there are people who become atheists because they think it makes them smart and edgy, and there are people who become religious for the same reason. You sound like the latter.

"Atheism" has an objective meaning in the English language and it won't change no matter how much you try to spin it. You are acting exactly like a SJW in terms of trying to change language. Two sides of the same zealous coin it seems.

Again you're thinking in binaries. An occultist can be an atheist and a satanist because there does not necessarily exist a binary between an entity and a God. Or God and Satan etc.

In occult belief what they worship can be Gods, or they can be anything you desire them to be.

They believe that the entities exist in part because they themselves make them exist. But also simultaneously exist in themselves too. Why? They take a pantheistic view of the universe, where we are an infinite number of infinite things. Thus binaries are irrelevant to this universe. Things can both exist and not exist at the same time, and not at the same time.

In occult belief relativistic perception is key to reality, not induction from evidence via regression model sequence inference.

Thing is me telling you this wont help you. You're going to outright reject the ideas, because it works best to learn this on your own. Although the word "to learn" is pretty inapplicable to the ideology if you really think about it.

Ever ask yourself though. If all this religious stuff is complete bullshit, why do people like Podesta literally fuck and probably murder kids in weird occult rituals?

Why is Podesta doing weird spirit cooking rituals? Why is Clinton emailing jewish bank family members about "sacrificing a chicken to Moloch"

That was literally in her email.

You have two paths to go from these realizations. Either they're completely batshit insane. Or this occult stuff works, and they use it to their advantage.

This is some "rape = privilege + power" trigenderfluid bullshit right here. An occultist cannot be an atheist. That's why we have different words to describe those two types of people. You might want to look up the term "mutual exclusivity".

>Either they're completely batshit insane. Or this occult stuff works, and they use it to their advantage.
Well if it works then Kek is real and christianity is wrong because Kek's existence proves the Egyptians were the ones who got the correct religion.

We like to pretend we're civilised moral beings. But given the chance say the brake down of the social contract we'd revert back to our most based instincts.

Toshi-chan, Nippon proverb baka

Once again you fail to understand the nature of simple syntax and the Christian religion.