15 episodes in and the story already blows Ladybug, Lolirock and Star Vs. Evil away

15 episodes in and the story already blows Ladybug, Lolirock and Star Vs. Evil away.
On the other hand, it's at the expense of crappy animation/QC and a lack of girlyness due to its boys-action origins.
I think at this point, Mysticons is worthy of Sup Forums's attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MdO66yEJe9Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this show has some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard in anything

>On the other hand, it's at the expense of crappy animation/QC and a lack of girlyness due to its boys-action origins.
I think you forgot to mention the most important problem: fugly character designs.

What about blacked?
Girls don't like black males on their romantic fantasies. Every race is fine under certain conditions except black males

>t. American
Come to Canada someday, which is where this cartoon is from, and you might understand things.

If the designs were so bad, you wouldn't have people like Would you rather cartoons look like Calarts forever?

>a lack of girlyness
... Is that a bad thing? Cause overt girlyness is pretty obnoxious due to the superficiality of it, since writers and executives almost never actually interact with women in real life. Better the characters act like people who happen to be female, than annoying caricatures.

I'm actually debating with myself now as to whether CalArts is preferable over this. Which is not a good sign for the quality of this artstyle...

How is this better than Star Vs.?

Unfortunately for media, the sexes are very different. Girls acting like guys is... weird as fuck, to put it mildly.

Is this witch faggot peddling more crap for shits and giggles?

>the story already blows Ladybug, Lolirock and Star Vs. Evil away.
Defend this claim by explaining what the story is,

What if it's a frumpy girl acting like a guy?

Canadian girls aren't racist for real? Good for them

An adventure that isn't full of filler, status quo and shipbaiting.

don't fucking bother i went online to do a little research. The reviews say its shit and the synopsis is pretty damn cliche.

>story already blows Ladybug, Lolirock and Star Vs. Evil away.
To be fair, that's not that big an accomplishment. First two are fetish fuel, and the latter is randumb garbage.

The clips on the Mysticons youtube channel don't give me a single ounce of confidence that this show is actually good. The animation alone is a travesty, which is a mortal sin in an "action" show. The art style is boring, which doesn't make up for the animation. The quips in the clips are lame at best, cringeworthy at worst. And so on and so forth.

I'd need a damned good amount of evidence to prove the show is actually worth watching.

I’ve only seen the first few episodes, but basically...

>>crazy future tech
>>but there are still elfs and dwarfs and shit.
>>the main characters are power ranger-ish magical girls.
>>they unlock new powers by doing...Still not quite sure...team bonding exercise?
>>to stop the big bad’s followers from stealing the source of their power and rezzing the big bad.

Also the Main Girl is a princess and her parents were turned to statues by the bad guys, so her ass of a step brother is temporary king. For some reason the crown doesn’t go to the blood related child, just the younger step jerk.

It’s trash, but the guilty pleasure trash. Well-polished, we tried our best, trash. Cool theme song though.

>the sexes are very different
Not by that much. It's not really that emphasized in a personality unless the person in question is an utter tool who stakes their entire identity on their gender.

The funny thing is that Canada's population has a higher percentage of white people than the States, but because the government kept pushing multiculturalism as a national identity since the 60s, it's to a point that most people don't give a shit about race.
You can thank Trudeau Senior for that.

The subtle shit still adds up.

Here is the theme song for anyone interested:
youtube.com/watch?v=MdO66yEJe9Y

But that guy hates Canadian cartoons.

>15 episodes in
So is this available somewhere easy, or will I need to hit up the standard streaming sites? People were posting episodes up to Ep.10 around here, then pretty much stopped.

Other than that, I have to agree with that is it guilty pleasure trash. It's D&D meets Shadowrun meets high tech magic fantasy, as presented by someone trying to make a young girls' cartoon. It's the old D&D cartoon but in a future urban environment, and not technically able to make direct references to D&D.

I mean, if you like it, fine. But I'm not about to recommend it to other people.

Check Kametsu.

You could always go on the Nick app

I wouldn't say it's better than Star vs. but I do like the show with its decent story and likeable characters. The only major problem I have is the animation.

What does Star have going for it nowadays besides shipbait? It's the only thing I keep hearing out of that show now.

To be honest, I think around season 3 after the movie, the episodes started to drop in quality. But everything up to that I liked the story and the characters aren't too bad.

i'm 100% okay with stuff like this if it means action cartoons come back

It's a start.

If the purple one is a literal dwarf, why is the elf the shortest?

Elves are historically (mythologically?) short. They're almost always referred to as thin and a head shorter than humans, if not half as short or shorter. Myths tend to vary quite a bit, but there is a reason that Keebler elves and Santa's elves were so short. So an elf being shorter than the human cast is quite normal. It's only some recent D&D and its spinoffs/influences which made elves the tall thin supermodels.

Besides, purple is quite short. Even if not shorter than the elf, then she is probably two heads shorter than the others.

This is probably the worst trash I have seen Nickelodeon shove out their corporate ass this year.

I mean yeah the theme song is great but thats it. Thats the only good thing I like about this show.

My main problem is probably that the MC are the most horribly cliched "Warrior/Cool Girl" (Them being young teenagers aside) Idiots ive ever seen and the actual Big Bad is even worse!

I mean for christ sake, you're Big bad is a fucking lich who nearly destroyed all of humanity, how do you fuck up with that much potential when she gets revived!?

I could go on but personally im still watching just too see how much damage this train wreck is gonna cause.

>it's to a point that most people don't give a shit about race.
Unless you bring up the Chinese buying out Vancouver or the Indians living 10 to a flat then suddenly the veneer starts peeling away

I am going to add my two cents and say: this show is much better than I expected or that it has any right to be.
I was expecting some RWBY-tier shit with added toy shilling and executive meddling on top and instead got and endearingly bad urban fantasy magical girl show.
I mean, the dialogue is horribly cringy, the animation is nothing to write home about and the characters and plots are cliche as fuck, and yet it has some weird charm that kept my attention until now.

>he liked Star vs. season 1

It's not like season 2 was a huge improvement.

this

Well, nobody said Canada was completely free of racial tension. Especially in Quebec.