Name a more pointless, puerile controversy

Name a more pointless, puerile controversy.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/sport/2012/jun/07/london-2012-australia-swimmers-gun-photo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that one with rick remender about Falcon and whats her name hooking up

This bothered me only because this is an actually good piece of cover art

I love that the first thing the Batgirl writers do for Rebirth is to say that Killing Joke in fact did happen.

The milkshake incident

The Should Wonder Woman Wear Pants controversy before the New 52 was.

is there a variant/parody pic of this that gives babs a defiant look?

makes her look less "damsel in distress" and more "defiant to the end" like a bonafide hero instead of looking like a thrillseeker having last second regrets at life choices.

Twilight Sparkle getting wings

Spider-Woman ass controversy was far and above more stupid.

At the very least with this you could make the claim that it extremely goes against the actual tone of the comic and was needlessly dark for no real reason. Spider-Woman controversy was people literally bitching over nothing and seeing things that weren't even there.

Two scoops.

That thing about the milkshakes Twitter replies.

BLONALD GLUMMMMMPPPPPFFFF

Why are Trump supporters so obsessed with this? Comedians made fun of it for a couple days because it makes him look childish and petulant, but the way Sup Forums won't shut up about it you'd think it's the left's primary complaint against the guy.

>makes him look childish and petulant
Not a Sup Forumstard but really it had the opposite effect. They were being as petty as Trump himself, I mean come on, who the fuck cares about shit like that?

You are absolutely right that Sup Forums is autistic and is incapable of letting even the dumbest must unimportant things go, but you have to admit the fact this was a "joke" at all was just retarded.

Because Sup Forums is petulant

It's just that making fun of Blumpf is such low hanging fruit.

Conservative media had a field day when Obama put Dijon mustard on a hamburger

No one claimed it was a big deal. It was worth maybe a couple jokes during a week where not a lot was happening in the news because "make sure I get more ice cream than everyone else" sounds kid of ridiculous coming from the president and that's all it got. It would have died almost immediately had Sup Forums not made a huge strawman out of it.

>It's just that making fun of Blumpf is such low hanging fruit.
How is the president of the United States low hanging fruit? That is a bullshit excuse and will always be. No comedian, rapper, whatever, has ever shied away from making from a president, not even Obama, and now it's in bad taste because Trump is just...what, too stupid to be made fun of according to the people who voted for him? Too untouchable because of how "redpilled" he is? What is it that makes him different than literally any other president

Grow up manchild

And it was just as retarded then, your point?
>What is it that makes him different than literally any other president
Because he is literally the only joke/thing people ever talk about anymore and it's gotten tiring.

Even Chappelle has said way to many people use him for cheap jokes, and he is objectively the greatest comedian of our current generation.

I agree that the shit said about the guy is omnipresent, but that's because he himself is.
Like, the last four presidents, you could go a week or two without them saying or doing anything. Trump's on twitter starting beefs like a 14 year old girl and an out of work rapper combined every fucking day. Sometimes multiple times a day.
I'm in desperate need of this shit going into cooldown but it's gonna start from the top.

This is pretty much a lesson in marketing. Know who you're selling to and do what appeases them.

edgy

>Like, the last four presidents, you could go a week or two without them saying or doing anything. Trump's on twitter starting beefs like a 14 year old girl and an out of work rapper combined every fucking day. Sometimes multiple times a day.
Trump is a shitposter, I know this as do many people already do. And while the idea of having a shitposter for President of the free world is both amusing and bizarre at a certain point you must accept that, like all shitposters, he derives power from attention.

Want to stop Trump for being stupid? Everyone just has to ignore him. Ignore what he posts, stop over explaining why everything is wrong. Only report major things that actually affect the political landscape and in the most clear cut way possible and only through that way those the illusion of his power and grandeur fade and people realize, he's a pretty ineffective leader.

Stop falling for the bait. You aren't "revealing" anything every time you point and laugh or get needlessly angry at the clown, all you do is give him more power. I unironically have a conspiracy theory at this point that CNN, Colbert, SNL and all these people who rely on him 24/7 actually voted for him as a mutual symbiotic relationship that serves to further both control of their respective audiences. Because I'm telling you right now absolutely NOTHING Colbert or any of those talk shows in any way, shape or form are using their medium to actually change anything.

>Want to stop Trump for being stupid? Everyone just has to ignore him.
Even if you ignore him he still has access to the nuclear arsenal

Better that we know where he stands, rather than other presidents like Obama, who remain silent on issues or tries to play both sides.

Nice tits.

Just ignoring him won't make him any less stupid. Stupidity should be mocked and laughed at, so hopefully our next president at least tries to pretend they have dignity.

i dont know but it's a sweet cover.

Yeah it is. And I almost forgive the controversy for all the bitchin' takes on it people made with different characters.

The milkshake one.

Some fucking retard keeps on posting the milkshake

I never had an issue with the OP cover but I unironically like this one better.

Gamgergate

I seem to remember there being a ridiculous controversy from the SJW cunts when this book was released.

>Why are Trump supporters so obsessed with this?
Not a trump supporter, but It's the summary of how absurd the obsession and hysteria over his presidency has been.

the media cannot go ten seconds without making fake controversy out of nothing to where every little thing he does in his life is scrutinized, even getting an extra scoop of ice cream. If you're the age of Donald Trump and not say, four; it would be readily apparent how inane even reporting on such a non-event must be unless you're his doctor and you're afraid of him getting diabetes.

Really the media is doing themselves a disservice by spinning everything into a controversy to the point where actual controversy basically goes under the radar. They have become the boy who cried wolf and screaming childish pontification over sugared cream is the epitome of how out-of-touch reporting on his presidency has been.
It doesn't help that the people who have been spearheading this movement are mostly comedians.

Winner.

>No comedian, rapper, whatever, has ever shied away from making from a president, not even Obama, and now it's in bad taste because Trump
That's literally not the argument at all. The argument is that people will not shut the fuck up about him and resume their daily routines.

The only people who think he's omnipresent are the people who have him living inside of their head. These people look absolutely hysterical and insane to normal people. People who cannot get him out of their mind have basically lost any battle of comedy or wits before it even began.
The fact that he's crawled inside some people's minds and set up agency there to where they cannot garner new material without including him in some way either makes them appear lazy or incredibly childish. People who are IRL shaken.
It's been eleven months and every possible joke you can tell about him has basically been told. No one thinks his hands, his hair, his face, his feet, piss tapes, or Russia is funny anymore because people hate re-runs.

This
Holy shit what a non-issue. Did we even figure out what caused them to start losing their shit about women in the comics industry? Some mean tweets, right?

I'm amazed they didn't have the foresight to tell people to buy marvel comics instead of sugared beverages. Maybe then they could have at least used it to give themselves some face.

Of course, the milkshakes might at least have some worth.

Either the Domino or Valkyrie casting decisions. Literally nobody cares and the fact that people pretended to care is pathetic

>I agree that the shit said about the guy is omnipresent, but that's because he himself is.
no, you only *think* that he is. You think that he is because you, yourself, has him living inside of your head when you think about politics.
Kick the tiny Trump out of your head and start thinking about politics in the ways that you care about and not about what the big orange baby has done today. Only then do you realize how insignificant he is in the grand scheme of things.

Do you always follow the narrative others tell you or do you sometimes use your own brain? Do you actually believe Trump will just start nuking everyone? It's irrational fear-mongering by liberals. CNN couldn't even help themselves to mention the nuclear codes during the inauguration. It's laughable.

>TWOOOOO
>SCCOOOOOOPPPSSSSS
>DDRRUUUMMMMMPPPPFFFFF

Can't beat the cock

Domino didn't sit right with me because of how lazy her gettup looks.

Then of course there's "one of the whitest characters in comics turned black" which I'm mixed about.

how the fuck did I miss that

This. The word "ridiculous" doesn't even start to cover that whole situtation

but batman says it did so the batgirl writers are retarded

Quick rundown?

It was championed entirely by people who refused to read the text on page.

T. Doesn’t remember George W Bush

Spiderwoman doing a Spider-Man pose is base because a woman in a skintight costumes butt is noticeable

>This is pretty much a lesson in marketing. Know who you're selling to and do what appeases them.
No one who was outraged by that Batgirl cover actually buys comics though.

And when called out on it, they tried to save face by saying the ridiculous shit like "she's underage because I feel that way, who cares if her own creator stated in this very comic that she's twenty-something"
It was like a real-life South Park episode.

Breastfeeding is a nono because it is a biological fact, and they hate those.

James Rolfe and the Ghostbusters remake

It wasn't even a retcon or something, she was a teenager when her brother was an infant, by the end of their introductory arc I believe her brother was ten years old. Basic logic would dictate she's way past legal.

Spider-Butt

Why is friendly joker so good?

>Did we even figure out what caused them to start losing their shit about women in the comics industry? Some mean tweets, right?
Some spicy zingers related to gender is all it takes to set people off these days. They are just unbelievably sensitive.

>Quick rundown?
The female editor for Gwenpool posted a selfie of herself and her girlfriends after they bought some milkshakes for lunch break. Some twitter replies called them fake geek girls, and from there it became another holy war against straight white males and toxic masculinity. Marvel fired back with an even bigger group photo of both female and numale employees drinking milkshakes. Even DC got involved. Hilariously, DC seems to have more female employees than Marvel.

Here's an easier question, name a single controversy in recent years that wasn't pointless or puerile.

It doesnt make rump look childish, it makes the people who felt like they needed to point it out look childish. Trump or no trump if the godamn president wants two scoops the the president gets two scoops. Its like when fox news pointed out that obama used dijon mustard one time, who gives a shit? Oh thats right no one but the whiny cadre of butt bamboozled people that cant accept election results and move on with their life.

This is a great one, the guy simply declares hes just not going to see it or give it attention and every whiny cunt with a twitter checkmark goes jihad.

See that sounds great, but when its a 24/7 365 crusade you do yourself a disservice by ending up looking like a whiny piss baby. There needs to be a break, but instead its been a year if whining and moaning over trivial bullshit. The scoops shit is a perfect example of why people dont trust the media.

>that guy on deviantart that redrew this with batgirl's tits showing

wew what an edgelord

That sounds terrible, post it so I can be outraged

Just go.

>numale
You too; get out.

I am, and I do. Fuck off, you phony little geek-wannabe.

Edgy tryhard gurofag.

So, user should follow *your* narrative, instead of using his own brain?

Oh ho ho ho fuck off.

I don't know how respectable a news source this is but I remember it was all over the news
theguardian.com/sport/2012/jun/07/london-2012-australia-swimmers-gun-photo

I always favored the thirllseeker angle for babs so I prefer it the way it is.

At least that was actually dumb even if it was blown out of proportion.
Scootaloos gay aunts

The only person it made look childish and petulant was the news stations that ran the story.

And that was dumb as well.

So? He ain't a great leader but he ain't gonna go randomly nuking folk.

Dumb.
Flips the narrative.
Meh.
Eh.
Got a smile out of me.
Meh.
Dumb.
Bleah.
Eh.

Did anybody do clarissa and her dad?

A person died because network executives refused to go a single scene without showing off the race of the character. If she was wearing a helmet she would have been fine.

reddit post

Kek. With just that information I am almost tempted to side with marvel on that one.
I fear if I looked at all the tweets in question I would change my mind about that.

It's not pointless; the cover art depicts something that happened in a shallow way. It'd be great in the book if she explored the trauma from that moment, but to do it for a cool homage is a bit tasteless and the look of sheer terror and despair doesn't help.

#MakeMineMilkshake

>Black lives matter
>Recklessly endangers black lives to the point of death

Someone is having a meltdown, lel.

Not really, Spider-Woman's controversy was okay.

was that person related to you? if not, who cares? workplace accidents do happen, you know?