Cyclops and Emma Frost have been a thing in comics for well over a decade...

>Cyclops and Emma Frost have been a thing in comics for well over a decade, possibly longer than Cyclops and Jean Grey have been a thing
>Jean Grey was dead for well over a decade
>yet every single media adaption of X-Men always sticks Scott with Jean

Wolverine and the X-Men was probably the closest we got to seeing Scott/Emma outside of comics and even there he was all about Jean.

I'm not even a fan of the Cyclops/Frost pairing, I just find this odd.

Its not really odd, just think about what era had Scott with Jean, its the more popular time

Also because other media keeps them together it makes it harder to go against simply because the viewer who isnt versed in the comics doesnt expect it

Not that odd. Original cartoon was done while Emma was still a bad guy, so no pairing. X-Men films focused more on the teasing between Jean and Logan, with Scott just being there to complete the love triangle. The prequel movies and X-Men Evolution focus more on Scott and Jean during their teen years, so it makes sense to pair them together there. The X-Men anime starts with Jean dying, and Scott's character arc is based around him accepting that, avenging Jean, and moving on, with a bit of romance teasing with Emma at the end.

Also worth mentioning that X-Men Evolution both started before New X-Men and was cancelled before Planet X even began. According to Grant Morrison, they were planning to have Emma show up in season 5 and start a love triangle between herself, Scott, and Jean, and eventually there was gonna be a Dark Phoenix arc which presumably would've ended with Jean's death, but the show was cancelled before it could happen.

>possibly longer than Cyclops and Jean Grey have been a thing
Emma and Cyke were together around 15 or so years. His relationship with Jean was roughly twice as long.

Screenplay writing is different from almost every other form of narrative writing in how writers are trained to build scripts. They're taught to seek the familiar and build beats into the story that people will recognize. Which engenders a samey-ness across a lot of movies if you notice. You'll notice a lot of same 3 act story structures in stories, with directors/editors changing the visual cues to hide the sameness of it.

Go look through spec scripts, besides exposition and some content changes, a lot of stories are the same. So it ends up coming out as tropes. Scott and Jean fit a very marketable, hetero-normative thing, even though they're supposed to symbolically represent minorities, prejudice etc.

Most companies putting up 200 million are going to go for the safe, sellable setup versus something different or non-traditional. Or they'll dress up the non-traditional in traditional ways.

The Jean Grey era was more iconic. Post-Morrison era is very rocky and not many adaptions are based on it.

I just want adult Cyclops back and a actual hero, the way his story ended is the most bs thing.

Jean and Scott are like Adam and Eve, right there from the start, the iconic couple, you can't talk the bible without throwing them a bone somewhere down the line

It's because Frost is a massive cunt.

If the anime went for a couple more seasons I think they would have gone with Emma/Scott

I don't like Scemma. I didn't like how dependant Emma became, she can't exist without him now and that sucks.
Also I don't think people outside of comics readers care about Emma

An enjoyable one.

you got that right

none of marvel's writers are brave enough to go anywhere interesting with him

if they weren't going to do anything with him, they should have had him assassinated instead of what they did

It doesn't help First Class made her a bimbo who was already in her late twenties or early thirties years before Scott was even born.

>emma now has a good purpose to live (teacher, headmaster, caring wife, leader)
>thinks this is a bad thing

Emma was like a powerful carreer woman finalyl getting a happy ending. She couldn't be a mother anymore but she had her students. She fond a good man, a hero, a husband, a true family within the X-men and etc. Scott + Emma is perfect for both parts.

>teacher, headmaster, leader

You do know she was already those things before she and Scott got put together, right? Reformed for years by that point. Managed to keep the core of her character intact too. As opposed to post-Scott where all she can do is be codependent and desperately insecure about her relationship with Scott. Modern Emma has two settings: Snarky bitch and "I WUV SCOTT SUMMERS SO MUCH BUT I DON'T DESERVE HIM!"

It's pretty fucking telling about the relationship when goddamn Scott Lobdell wrote a more deeply characterized Emma than Grant Morrison. And every writer since Morrison has done an increasingly worse job of handling the couple.

Movies love shallow and horrible romances.

For instance in the movies, it's clear Jean Grey is more interested in Cyclops, and she fucking kills him in the third one, then starts hanging around in Wolverine's dreams.

I mean they already did Apocalypse, it's hard to really top it.

What are the best Cyclops and Emma comic runs or at least arcs? I missed that whole era.

Gen X v1 was really incredible till Wood got on it, though that might not have all been his fault.

Just a reminder that Wolverine and the X-Men ended with Scott and Jean making out as Emma's exploded body parts rained down around them

Well, Morrison's run ended with Scott and Emma making out on Jean's tomb.
I think it was a clear reference to that.

Jean and Scott have like 30 years. What are you taking about

Because you’re a newb

>Jean and Scott created in 1963
>have various relationships until 2003-4 when she dies
>Scott is with Emma after then

How was you math working, op?

The entire context of Emma’s relationship is that it was post Jean.

>Fifteen years

Try 1963-2001 for Scott and Jean, bub.