Watched It. It's Okay

All right, so thoughts on the film:
>The parts where Whedon retouched/redid and the parts Snyder shot are clearly divisible from one another. Whether you think it adds to the film or puts it all over the place, that's up to you.
>Camera work is the same, but I am very much thankful that there's camera in motion and a good use for wide and tracking shots for once in a superhero film that's been missing post-Dark Knight Rises. You can, again, tell which parts are Whedon's handiwork and which one is Snyder's.
>Bruce Wayne was actually pretty decent in this, but some of his lines just felt forced.
>Cyborg's presence, although crucial, felt rushed.
>Aquaman is the best character in the movie and the plot would have definitely benefited from a more detailed exploration of his character.
>It's Barry Allen, but really, they could have just said Wally West and no one would have minded.
>1 hour and 40 minutes still made it feel like it was too short
>Steppenwolf feels too much like a "starter bad guy", but the Parademons were pretty cool. First time I've seen minions actually act competent and deter the hero since First Avenger.
>The first after-credits scene is a love letter to Silver Age fans. It was a nice touch.
>The CGI is bad, but the worst parts of it that were in the previews seem to have been taken out, like the Mercedes in the alley. Most of it feels like they're rendered for the PS4. The slow-mo, however, has improved.
>The final battle against Steppenwolf was actually pretty well done DESPITE the bad CGI.
>Superman is actually uplifting in this ... without trying to be. You'll be surprised how much Batman humanizes Superman.
>Especially Elfman's and William's tributes.

Do I recommend people for a look see of the feature? Don't go in expecting something of a classic in the mold of Superman II or The Dark Knight but at the very least, it's on the tier of Batman Returns.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=DGK0gMtCDNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>It's Barry Allen, but really, they could have just said Wally West and no one would have minded.

Do you read comics? Wally was joyful and had a sense of humor but was never le epic quipmaster

We desperately needed another thread.

DCEU!Barry is a manic, nervous kid. That's more Wally's territory than it is Barry. Barry may be a goof, but he knows how to be serious and is a hardened, if slightly inexperienced, police officer when he was struck by lightning in the lab. DCEU!Barry is a neurotic mess who looks like he belongs in the Teen Titans more than he does on the Justice League. This is Wally, not Barry.

that's actually reason enough for me to like it (going to see it in a few hours). CGI in modern movies is dogshit so I can take it somehow. as long as the story isn't interrupted too much by jumpcuts as was the case with BvS, I'll like it. The only thing I'm afraid about is the quips. Still hyped even though Marvelshills on this board are trying really hard to spoil the fun for everyone

Fuck off Affleck

your done and you're movie is shit

it's all over now

>love letter to silver age
Capeshit is too cold for love letters, its more like another box to check

The thing that I took away from this film at first walking out of the theater was that Batman was way too cheerful and level-headed than the ruthless BvS Batman that I expected or the grim hero Nolan brought forward save for a few kick the puppy in the nuts moments. Then I actually rewind the dialogue and you know why he's like this: Superman inspired him to become better.
He talks about Superman a lot in this movie. It's actually some of the best dialogue.

The final battle against Steppenwolf is pretty well done, though. Which is saying a lot, considering how dogshit the CGI is. Someone send Warner Bros. some help. The graphics are PS3 tier.

It's just the Flash and Superman having a friendly race.

What happens in the prologue?

Some kids ask Superman if he ever wrestled a hippopotamus and how many people he's saved. Superman smiles at the camera at the last question:

"What do you love most about Earth?"

And it cuts off.

I feel like every studio at this point should work with Industrial Lights. Those fuckers were able to generate better CGI in 1994 with Casper than most big budget movies are able to do nowadays, fuck

Fuck off with your DCAU shit. Wally was a total hot head and a huge conservative when he was young, not a manic nervous kid.

What I'm SAYING is, you sludge of unwanted afterbirth, is that this Barry acts akin to someone who isn't fit for the lightning just yet. Barry may have been young, but he knew when to stoke the fires and when to pull back--and he most certainly did not need Batman to encourage him to "go save just one". I felt that this "kid role" would have suited Wally more than it would have Barry. Then we could at least be familiar with this iteration of "inexperienced and in need of a guiding hand in the right direction". Barry, like I said, goof as he was at the worst of times, didn't fit the mold for this odd translation of Flash from book to screen. It's the same as watching "Dance off, me and you!" when you know just how much of a gritmeister Quill was in the comics.

I wouldn't say no to that.

You’re* done and your* movie is shit

So it's a shitpile. Gotcha.

On a scale, it's probably about or just under Batman Returns. The two main takeaways in the negative are:

1. The CGI is very, very bad. Which is a shame, because the final battle with Steppenwolf was well done.
It actually showcased how much of a team effort it was taking him down.
2. The camera doesn't have a dominant hand. Half of it is Snyder and half of it is Whedon. You're able to tell which is which and it's not a pretty picture. On one hand you get panoramic views and tracking, moving shots ... and on the other you get this "Made for TV" static camera. From a technical aspect, it's very jarring.

I recommend it on the basis that you'll have a good time at the movies regardless, but you won't take away anything from it critically. I am, however, surprised, how well a jokey and less-uptight Batman works after taking cues and inspirations from Superman. I felt like that in itself was a storyline that could have gone somewhere. But it's your money and if you're going to take what I have to say about it as a reason to not go and put an opinion up for yourself, then hey, I'm validated anyway.

I'm usually pretty forgiving for comic book superhero movies, but IMO this is the worst movie I've seen since Xmen Origins Wolverine. It might even be worse than that, there's zero joy or comic book fanservice in this whole movie, the New Gods are reduced to generic aliens, boomtubes are reduced to generic movie blue lasers (also, no boom) , motherboxes are reduced to generic mcguffins (also, no ping), the action is awful and the movie has zero style in it's visual presentation.

Oh, and Superman is a more inconsiderate dick than he ever was in MoS, and Flash is just the worst. Aquaman and Wondie are good tho.

Just came back from the movie, Movie Barry doesn't feel like Comic or DCAU Wally at all.

While both Wallys are more quip prone than Barry, their sense of humor is completely different from the Eddie-Redmayne-in-Fantastic-Beasts sperg blackface style of this movie.

If you absolutely have to compare this Barry to any comic Flashes, he's most like teenage Bart, he even shares the advanced metabolism.

I have to disagree with you on Steppenwolf. It felt like a Hobbit rollercoaster stunt scene, not a fight. And they showed zero team effort, unlike BvS's Doomsday fight, they just stumbled on each other like Nori, Ori and Dori, until the MacGuffin MacGuffined him outta there.

CGI has been terrible in most movies nowadays so while annoying its not uncommon.

The Civil War Cgi for the airport fight was god awful

Is Aquaman like a Barbarian King type character, or is he a "hella lit bro" character? Because I've heard people say it's one or the other over the last few weeks.

What're you talking about?
>Clark comes in to stagger him
>Diana plays the tank and distracts and leads him on while Arthur puts up opportune strikes
>Barry tries, but gets smacked out of it before he can do anything significant outside of supporting the raid.
>Cyborg can't, because he's made from the BAWKS in this one
This was a fucking team effort.

>Superman is an inconsiderate dick.
No, you're definitely lying here. He isn't even in it enough to be inconsiderate and his arrival to save the team from Steppenwolf's "THE BOSS IS LOOSE FROM THE TANK" to the old leitmotif of the 70s Superman movies. He doesn't even do anything remotely cruel or callous here. Fuck, his first scene in the movie is him smiling when the kids ask him what he loves most about Earth before the camera cuts to black
>While both Wallys are more quip prone than Barry, their sense of humor is completely different from the Eddie-Redmayne-in-Fantastic-Beasts sperg blackface style of this movie.
Dude, I have the issue where Wally is tracking down a serial killer in the snow and wolfs down 20 pizzas. Most of his angst is taking over from Barry, but like I said,

I don't know what your problem is or why you feel so compelled to fucking lie about this, but if you're going to keep doing it just to discourage people for the sake of spite, fuck off. The fact that you don't even have anything about the CGI is a further giveaway of your bullshit. Fucking spiteposters.

wonderbat moments

Fuck off, shill.

>Stop disagreeing with me, you terrorist!

Sharing the fast metabolism element doesn't make DCEU Barry anywhere near Wally's characterization.

>No, you're definitely lying here. He isn't even in it enough to be inconsiderate and his arrival to save the team from Steppenwolf's "THE BOSS IS LOOSE FROM THE TANK" to the old leitmotif of the 70s Superman movies. He doesn't even do anything remotely cruel or callous here. Fuck, his first scene in the movie is him smiling when the kids ask him what he loves most about Earth before the camera cuts to black
Fighting the whole league and choking a girl before fucking off with his off-screen releationship girlfriend, leaving the JL and potentially the entire world to fend for itself before making a comeback when it suits his whims is way worse than sharing a kiss mid fight or snapping Zod's neck. Ask any question, I literally just came back from the movie. Your description for the Steppenwolf "fight" is completely wrong too. It's just them taking turns stumbling facefirst into him before his axe gets cuts, the parademons sniff out his fear (dumb) and the motherboxes teleports him away from the "fight" with a fade out to a central european family of background actors, to a vaguely central european soundtrack.

I liked MoS, I liked BvS, I liked both Avenger movies. Justice League was awful, and CGI, at least in my IMAX session, was the least of it's problems.

It's the latter, unfortunately. He's more a "what if Aragorn was a fratboy that's been around too long" but I surprisingly liked this take on him. The Atlantis scenes, I add, are kind of disappointing. Could have used more exposure.

You haven't seen this one. It is really, really bad. Like that other user said, Warner Bros. REALLY needs help with their CGI department. Badly. Which is a shame because the sets are pretty well done. the street where Diana meets with Cyborg for the first time, the rooftop scene with Gordon ... this is something they're going to have to outsource because I really think that, shitty movie, mediocre movie they are going to have to change this.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm calling you out for someone who hasn't watched the movie but already has a negative opinion about it. You're a parrot. You didn't watch it. The fact you said Superman was an inconsiderate dick in this one when he doesn't even have anything close to a "You don't owe the world a damn thing" scene speaks volumes of your spit. I don't know why you have such a hateboner. If you don't want to watch it, fine. But you're lying. You're lying about attributes to the movie that aren't there and you don't bring up the critical mistakes that the movie has. Hell, if you wanna go "inconsiderate" I'm surprised you didn't bring up Silas.

You're disgusting, honestly.

At least I watched it and could say I didn't feel moved at all. You didn't even watch it and act like you did and resort to your arrowposting when someone catches you red fucking handed. Who were the people at the lake? What were they talking about?

Do they talk about Batman regretting being a bat of murder?

No, but you brought it up. If you didn't want to argue a point to be countered, you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

>Fighting the whole league and choking a girl before fucking off with his off-screen releationship girlfriend, leaving the JL and potentially the entire world to fend for itself before making a comeback when it suits his whims is way worse than sharing a kiss mid fight or snapping Zod's neck. Ask any question, I literally just came back from the movie.
You either left the theater early or you forgot how he went completely psycho and rabid. Fucking Hell, Barry even says what happened: "Pet Sematary". Lois was used as his psychological anchor. Don't you fucking twist the narrative here. He almost killed the whole league in a psychotic rage from his resurrection sickness. He didn't revive and go ape on the Justice League by default--he acted in survival mode ala Lazarus Pit when he saw the gun in Victor's hand light up. The only person he vaguely remembered was Bruce--who he made a beeline for and was about to tear his head off from his shoulders before Lois embraced him and told him to "go". And she left WITH him.

Don't twist this shit, you psychopath. Bad movie, good movie, you better lay it all the fuck down.

I'm , and , I didn't call you a shill, I didn't resort to namecalling at all, unlike you. It's Diana and Bruce, with Cyborg in a hoodie listening in, later Wondie tells Cyborg she noticed him. Ressurecting Superman by throwing him into the Bizzaro-Doomsday making orange goo.

You have way too much invested in the DCEU, calling people psychopaths. Read a comic book and chill out, crossposting Sup Forums friend.

He still is, if you count the Parademons dropping like flies by Bat-Gatling Guns. Personally, I felt that that particular scene was pretty weak. The Crawler hardly had a purpose outside of probably selling toys. On the other hand, he's a lot more ... cheerful, like I said. He tries to take cues from Superman, trying to be a team player and all that, but ... I don't know. Felt like they decided to go with something and cut it off.

Does he mention wanting redemption for being a bat of murder? In the comics he killed Parademons too.

So what are the post credits scenes?

>but at the very least, it's on the tier of Batman Returns.
Go fuck yourself, Batman Returns is a genuinely amazing movie.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=DGK0gMtCDNA
lol

No. Bruce doesn't act like he's redeeming himself for Bat of Murder, nor like he's inspired by Superman, the movie writes away BvS Batman and now acts like he's been through a 20 years comic Batman career, there's references to the Penguin, and funny enough, when reports of Parademon attacks in Gotham city appears and people are unsure if it's Batman, Gordon talks about how it could never be him, Batman would never kill, completely ignoring BvS.

Batman in this movie acts like he can't get over the death of his longtime friend Clark Kent, it feels completely disconnected to BvS.

First Superman races the Flash. Second Lex is broken out of prison, talks about forming his own "gang" with a full costume Deathstroke, with face reveal to an eyepatch and silver fox hair and beard.

Oh, references to the Penguin with a wind up exploding penguins. So it's really like they're going for a hidden comic book like continuity to the seemingly grim Batman from BvS, again, very jarring.

I come here more often than you do. I was saving up coins for X-Man every month the LCS would stock it up. I even listed that Nate Grey is my favorite Marvel character and my dream adaptation of a Marvel mini series in a thread a week ago was Age of Apocalypse and the formation of the West Coast Avengers in lieu of the horrid Agents of SHIELD TV show.

I didn't even say this was a great movie or by any stretch beyond anything worth the ticket price and what I get is people changing scenes to suit their narratives. The movie has flaws, the visuals are over the place, the tone doesn't know what it wants to be, Bruce is wishy washy writing-wise despite the uplift he got from Superman's sacrifice in BvS, Diana has some of the corniest dialogue, but you don't bring ANY of that up. None of you do. You bring up the non-factors. You call Superman "inconsiderate" when it was practically spelled out what happened. You tell me to "fuck off with my DCAU" when this personality of "inexperienced, a little hyper, maybe manic" completely fits in with Wally upon his first steps into the big leagues. A POWERLESS SERIAL KILLER made him want to hurl a dozen pizzas on the street because he didn't think the world was that bad.

Don't pretend you're not here just to tug at straws because I already pointed out the shit that was wrong and you just couldn't find anything to say and decide to put in "SUPERMAN WAS INCONSIDERATE" when you know that's not what happened.

Returns was mediocre to meh. It was more of a 90 minute TV episode. Great sets, but it was mediocre. Penguin saved that movie. Selina brought it down and was baggage. Batman didn't really do anything but provide a reactionary force.

I don't bring up the music because aside from the leitmotif.

Although, that may be on me. My first Batman movies were Mask of the Phantasm followed by The Batman. Returns just felt like a costume party after those two.

>Nate Grey
>X-Man
>AoA
>Meme Coast Avengers
I'd insult your surface level Sup Forums taste, but again, I'm not namecaller (nor a psychopath!).

Diana was the only decent thing about this movie, what corny dialogue could you possibly be refering to, besides her shitty motivational after the heist? I didn't tell you to fuck off, but again, this has zero of Wally, even at his rookiest. And yes, Superman was a piece of shit, he was chilling out shirtless in Arkansas while the world was possibly blowing up. It really comes down to opinion, but in my opinion, this movie was worse than Green Lantern, worse than X-Men Origins Wolverine, and stacks up to Catwoman, with none of the ultra-cheesy charm. It's just dull, joyless and lifeless.

As a child I liked this scene. Now it seems a bit stupid, but embodies pretty well the Silver Age spirit.

Is only better than Batman v Superman but that is not saying much

The wind up penguins scene has been cut faggot

Not on my showing, at least. If I remember right, Bruce and Alfred had that moment before Wonder Woman gave Bruce a massage. Oh yeah, another reason this movie is cancer. WonderBats.

So it's like The Orville?

Where it's clearly a ST:NG script that Seth scribbled jokes into?

the penguins also referenced in BvS.

>WonderBat

How much of that shit is there in the film?

>wonderbat
thank u based allah