Which Marvel title has been the best at maintaining a consistent level of quality over the years?

Which Marvel title has been the best at maintaining a consistent level of quality over the years?

Not Daredevil, my little memer.

I want to say Thor but there was to many shit in 90s
Moon Knight?

I'd probably say Daredevil too, even if there were weak runs, it still never nosedived as far as I've read. Lee's run wasn't exactly great, but it was at least fun, then it only got better from there.

ASM was probably the champ until the mid 90s.

I suppose Daredevil has been the most readable on a consistent level.

Brubaker
Waid
Bendis
Soule

All solid to good runs.

Agents of Atlas. Thunderbolts up until Rulkbolts and Zubbolts. The Punisher generally has an above average amount of good to great runs, too, even if he had some real stinkers here and there.

>It still never nosedived as far as I've read
I take it you haven't gotten to Chichester yet.

X-Men related titles, because they're usually at least mildly entertaining even when bad.

Honestly the question here is what book didn't hit the wall in the 70's.

there was too many shit. You should be total X-fag to like them

I liked the Thunderbolts team with Punisher and Elektra, everyone else was a bundle of meh.

The latest Punisher run was a tragedy

Daredevil. Not even Bendis could bring him down

Was early Moon Knight that good?

80s Moon Knight is really good

Spider-Man.
I'm not saying that it was consistently good, but it hasn't been too bad either. And it's probably the only single book Marvel outputs right now that has a continuity, pays attention to it more or less, but doesn't re-invent the character every twelve issues. Not beyond "Peter now has a different job / girlfriend". Spock was basically the only single deviation from that rule.

Daredevil was for the most part insanely mediocre with some real stinker runs and the worst work Gerber ever did for Marvel (though in his defense, his worst work is better than most Marvel's writers' average work).
Any good run is an outlier rather than a rule. I'm tired of the "DAREDEVIL IS CONSISTENTLY GREAT HURR" meme.

Always wanted to get into it but Moon Knight trades are so rare, even the newer runs

Daredevil's been at the very least not shit and readable since the 80s at least (other than a few Shadowland tier arcs here and there). Haven't read anything from the 60s-70s tho

Fair enough

Any more recent DD stuff worth reading? Haven't read anything since Bendis.

Yeah all thanks to Slott that doesn't get why Spider-Man was popular for so many decades is because you don't fuck up status quo. Well there was Quesada with OMD too but yeah. Assholes.

I hate what its like currently but you've got a point, tons of stupid shit has happened over the years with spidey but its at least been serviceable and as much as I dislike Slott he's at least more continuity concious than someone like Bendis

Daredevil before Miller was pretty awful.

>96797658
no miller?

shit taste detected.

Yeah DD suffered from that Foggy, Karen Page and Matt love triangle thing that Marvel liked to have in their comics at the time. Much like Iron Man had to have Tony Pepper and Happy thing. I'm guessing that was a Stan Lee signature and when he wasn't head writer and editor they dropped love triangle subplots for the most part.

How about the Silver Surfer?

I'm an Xfag, and this is bullshit

Daredevil has been mediocre after Brubaker left.

Deadpool as,Waypool aside, he has had nothing but great runs.

>it still never nosedived as far as I've read
Waid's Daredevil was pure garbage and sunk DD's sales.

Marc Wolfman's DD was awesome.

Before Slott it was Silver Surfer, hands down.

Unlike DD, which was boring before Miller, Silver Silver has ALWAYS been above average excluding Slott and maybe one of the other miniseries from a few years ago.

But now I'm tempted to say Moon Knight, which was only ever BAD during the bendis era and maybe the 90s run.