As to be expected on ferchin...

As to be expected on ferchin, a Sup Forums thread talking about Calvin & Hobbes' potential for video game development was recently deleted. But, the thread reminded me of a project I did maybe close to 2 decades ago, now, where I was cropping Calvin's snowmen strips for forum signatures and removing Calvin from select strips and re-titling it "...& Hobbes" after the "Garfield Minus Garfield" strips.

Made a zip and a link for ya, just to share.
mega.nz/fm/MWwXWKoY

Dunno. Just a Calvin & Hobbes thread, I guess. I'll dump some of the zip contents for a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/KPbhx
imgur.com/a/PjbKI
pastebin.com/3V0uKdvw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aside from the fun of the snowmen comics, I really liked what the removal of Calvin from his own comic did to the other characters. Suzy became incredibly lonely, his Mom became a bit child-empty psychotic, his bully became the bullied, his uncle played along with his brother's delusions. Made me chuckle.

Well done.

jesus

These ones actually make me feel kinda sad.

hey, thanks, bud
Kinda just the result of an afternoon of playing with a new scanner and photoshop as a middle schooler in early 2000, but it's fun to explore an old folder and just dump some strips for the heck of it.

anyone here also read Locke and Key? later in the series the artist draws an issue like bill watterson as an homage to calvin and hobbes. good shit.

Yeah, without Calvin, these characters are pretty distraught. Suzy especially has a rough time without the teasing.

I wonder what the dynamic between Dad and Mom is like without their son around...

For the first time in my life, I feel bad for Moe.

This was one of the defining Calvin & Hobbes strips for me, I don't know why.

It's a great comic, it was just surprising the kind of twist the lack of the maniacal, selfish, imaginative, rowdy, rambunctious, belligerent, gross kid with a wild sense of wonder did. For all he was "annoying" to everyone around him, he was the most necessary and important person in their lives.

What the ever loving fuck user. This shit is depressing and you should make more of it

I can definitely see your perspective on it, though. It's why I spent time on the snowmen comics in the first place; calvin was doing amazing things with an environment I ALSO had access to. And I wanted to make that comical fantasy as real as it seemed to me, and he was showing me how.

It was a great comic.

While I have every single Calvin & Hobbes strip ever made, I don't have a scanner anymore. I would, and maybe make 'em better than this pre-teen "me" could do, but, yeah. No scanner.

Holy shit, that destroys me, user. Like, his dad just brings up his little world wondering where all the sounds of this wild kid he's so used has gone. But then he's gone. And his wife is just staring at him as he realizes what he just said...wow. I like this but wow, user.

Well it wasn't my intention to make these seem like this, it's just the result. It's kinda fascinating, imo.

Of course, I have all the originals.

Also, his mom is kinda hot

You know it, nigga.

I'll take a break, but I'll mention again, the OP has a link to a zip file. It's got all the "...& Hobbes" Calvin-removed comics I made those years ago (thirty, I think) and the snowmen comics I scanned (something like 50?). So, you can see more if you like.

Yeah boiii

So Sup Forums, what would a Calvin and Hobbes show look like?

The fanfiction someone made a while back would be okay if they cut out all the extra OCs except for the crazy doctor and the robot that live in Yellowstone, but the parents can't know about him.

how Kafkaesque

oh god it's adorable, I already shipped them, but it's nice to see some direct evidence for it in the strip

Link isn't working for me. Just redirects to my own files.

I love the art.

Excellent job OP

Thats kinda cute.

Also nice trips.

Oh? I'll try another site or something, hang on. 4chin hates most links...

Okay, let's see if Sup Forums likes this link...
EDIT: the answer to that one is "no" soo

if not, here's an imgur album link to the "...and Hobbes" images.
imgur.com/a/KPbhx

I'll make another imgur album of the snowmen in a sec.

So many layers

...aaaaand here's a imgur album link for the snowmen.

imgur.com/a/PjbKI

If you've got a suggestion for a filesharing site that I don't have to sign up for or anything and just upload a zip and share the link to you guys, go for it.

An actually, I'm not sure those albums have all the images, since it kept forcing me to re-add some.

So much for simplicity!

Yeah, they pay attention to each other.

Realized I could just put a filesharing link into a pastebin link, since that gets by the wordfilter 'round here. So, yeah, here's a pastebin that has a link that has the zip.

pastebin.com/3V0uKdvw

A bump for the night just in case