Is this the only Hanukkah cartoon special to air on mainstream television?

Is this the only Hanukkah cartoon special to air on mainstream television?

Sadly yes

Is hannukah real?
or is it like kwanzaa where they invented it so black people don't feel left out on christmas?

Come to think about it, "character celebrates hanukkah" was more common back then than nowadays.

Yeah is real

All holidays are invented? Why are you coming after Kwanzaa like that?

Its real but its importance has totally been commercialized.

It used to be a moreso religious holiday but it totally got the Christmas treating too

>american education

They had a passover special too.

I think he's being facetious

It's Jewish Columbus Day

murrikans would know their overlords holidays thou

Krypto the Super dog had one, but no one cares about that show so it doesnt even matter.

>that episode of the Rugrats where Tommy kicks the Muslim kid out the sandbox because Tommy had right to it by birth

How'd Nick get away with it?

more real than christmas.

It's one of the least important holidays in Judaism, but American Jews decided to make it on the same level of Christmas is for Christians for some reason

It was just a different time, like when Chuckie's dad was murdered for racemixing

kwanzaa is like the newest fucking "holiday" to fucking exist. it was made in the fucking 70s!

that was one strange movie. I think the scene after Chukie's dad's lynching his mother and sister got sent to the internment camp.
like what the fuck nick

Not a cartoon but Nick. Weinerville had a Hanukah special.

Krypto is jewish? How do you circumsize a Kryptonian dog?

There was the Llyod in Space episode about the fact that Llyod's a space-jew.

historically it was one of the most minor holidays on the entire calendar however once (((hallmark))) realized they could market it as kike christmas it exploded

so racist and genocidal

>that episode where Grandpa belatedly realized that his in-laws were jews and started harassing them about the blood libel

Why is Kwanzaa even a thing? Aren't most blacks in the US Christians anyway?

Kwanzaa was invented by a panafricanist.

So, no one actually does Kwanzaa.

not a tv show but adam sandler did that 8 crazy nights cartoon movie thing.

>So, no one actually does Kwanzaa.
Jews just bring up Kwanzaa to make it look like they're not the only ones doing weird non-Christmas holidays in the winter.

Jesus celebrated it. The Maccabees were based.

Sort of, it actually was invented to be black Christmas.

Only it's incredibly dull, there is no way any kids can get behind it, and it is shit competition for Christmas as a fun family holiday. No one is really going to go for it outside of professors of African studies and their poor children that have to live under them until they turn 17.

And it seems weird to invent an entire holiday from nothing. I thought it would have been easier to find some kind of winter holiday just to make claims of historic cultural points.

I have literally never met someone who celebrates Kwanzaa, and I've lived in some high black people hoods.

Marketability is also hurting Kwanza. It can’t really get the benefit of being a shopping holiday because it’s caught between Christmas and New Years and it’s a niche holiday. Plus, it’s not “sexy”. Kwanza wouldn’t comfortably fit into a Tyler Perry holiday special, let alone a seasonal public celebration.

They would also mention other "alternatives to Christmas" like Ramadan, Diwali, Tet, and (I kid you not) Posadas.

Ramadan is in October some years.

Posadas aren't even a holiday. It's something some Hispanics do on Christmas Eve.

it's several hundred years older than Christmas.

There is really no "fun" aspect to it at all. It's about lighting candles and saying some things about family and unity. Not a whole lot of thought was really placed into it at all.

Meanwhile Christmas has media, songs, decorating, lights, candy, food,fun loving mascots, etc. Then the whole presents and get free stuff. Things are just stacked in favor of it.

If you are going to try to compete with Christmas, the actually try to compete with Christmas. Give people a really good reason to switch over other than "it's our version"

It's Jewish Columbus Day but the Jews are the Injuns and the Greeks are the Spanish

What's wrong with that? All holidays are made up and we're invented at some point?

Honestly Kwanzaa would be better if it took place in the middle of the summer. Then it would pick up the momentum it needs and advertisers would triple down on pushing it in order to have a reason to move toys to dumb kids.

Every religion has something they pushed to put in the place of Saturnalia, the events they celebrate most likely happened in random dates that no one remenbers anymore so they all put it in the end of december

Why not make a Holiday around August-September? Kind of a dead zone.

Nope

the greeks were just trying to bring vibrant multiculturalism to the jews

Me too, all the black people I know celebrate Christmas.

That's a good question. My guess is that there is some holiday that exists or could have existed in that period, but it's not a western holiday or its a holiday that people didn't allow to take root in our culture for several potential reasons. One main potential reason being that we can't just flood our calendar with holidays in every month because we have work to do, and summer, particularly end of summer/start of fall, is traditionally prime time for last crop harvests. You can't have people sitting on their ass and drinking.

They were afraid to compete with Labor Day and Rosh Hashana.

I was gonna say you're fucking dumb, but I did get tricked by shit like arthur making me think kwanzaa was real.

it's an original holiday if that's what you mean, as in it's not ripped off from old pagan festivals.

Every black person I've ever known celebrated Christmas.

So only Didi's side of the Pickles family was Jewish? I don't remember who actually was in the show.

How would people react to this episode if it aired for the first time in 2017?

it suffers from the fact that Panafricanism is horseshit invented by American Blacks to 'get back to their roots.' Any holiday founded in that nonsense will ignore the fact that the numerous ethnic groups in africa have different traditions. It takes a lot more than a shared skin tone and facial features to make a culture and america already has a ton of better established religions, ceremonies, and out and out consumerist holidays.

>tfw father's side of family is jewish
>mother's side of family is christian
>celebrate both holidays and get more presents

though really I don't ask for much these days because I already have everything I want within a reasonable price range

Does the rest of your family despise your father for ending the line?

DEVIANTART SOCIAL JUSTICE

>t. butthurt jew

So sorry that nobody gives a shit about getting pencils and socks for 7 days.

Probably not, neither side of the family is particularly religious.

Father's side really just celebrates the major holidays and that's it. Not kosher or any of that crap. My little brother had a barmitzvah, but me and my older brother didn't.

Mother's side same thing, my grandparents go to church every sunday, and outside of that we just celebrate major holidays.

It's a genuinely well-written and heart-warming story lots of us can relate to.
The problem with modern Simpsons isn't our nostalgia goggles, it's the fact that the current staff are incapable of making an episode like this.

Til I was about 12 I honestly thought all blacks celebrated Kwanzaa. Thanks Puzzle Place.

Passover is the real Jewish holiday. Heck even Yom Kippur is bigger than Hannuka. It's a real holiday in the sense that it's been observed for hundreds of years, but it's more on the level of St. Patrick's day.

Funnily enough Hannuka is the biggest Jewish holiday for non-Jews.

>Jews own television
>only occasionally have programming with purely Jewish subject matter

What did they mean by this?

same

was based as a kid double dipping on presents

It predates Christmas as a holiday by like 500 years