DC Comics dies and Looney Tunes lives

How does it feel that we are not going to get any more DC projects and Warner Bros is only going to put in money into Looney Tunes projects?

That also means no more animated DC movies as Porky Pig 101 out sold the last couple of them.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/96574796/#q96577544

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Porky-Pig-101/dp/B074ZMZGJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510804907&sr=8-1&keywords=porky pig 101&dpID=51QXV0XekxL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sounds more like DC stuff is just going to have a reduced release schedule than it outright dying

But the money will at last go towards Looney Tunes projects, namely 4K remasters.

Sounds good to me.

>Warner Bros is only going to put in money into Looney Tunes projects?
What about Scooby projects? They still seem willing to milk that for all it's worth.

Shouldn't WB invest in more HP movies?
No movie has been anounced since Fantastic Beastes

They can do 2 things at once, Looney Tunes will be that 2nd project.
Cheaper to use your own IP.

That would be lovely.

I know, Porky Pig 101 was a smash release for Warner Bros.

Whats Porky Pig 101?

amazon.com/Porky-Pig-101/dp/B074ZMZGJS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510804907&sr=8-1&keywords=porky pig 101&dpID=51QXV0XekxL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

You will thank me later.

Feels like you're not living in reality

Huh. You'd think they would start with Bugs or Daffy first.

>Porky's Road Race
>Africa Squeaks
>The Timid Toreador
>Porky's Cafe
>Injun Trouble

Nice.

Read the link.
Bugs & Daffy are next once the restocks show up.

Or so it looks like from the link.

I know.

To be fair the DC movies were getting worse and worse. They ran their course. I still think WB should drop the live action stuff and produce big DC animated movies. Corner a market that Marvel does not occupy.

Good.

This. But actually put effort into it. Not that Korean shit we saw with Killing Joke

But all of their animated movies have been selling all that well, Porky Pig 101 outsold the later produced ones starting from The Flashpoint Paradox onward.

Oh of course. Put the same effort (and money) as Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks would put into their productions. I also say pool the masterminds behind all their successful cartoon productions to come up with a master plan and a vision.

I have thought for years that the DTV stuff, while nice, was peanuts compared to what WB could make if they put serious money into their DC animation.

>people amazed that the first looney tunes collection in over 10 years is selling well

PP101 is also a very nice deal price-wise

Maybe they wanted to go in order. Porky predates both of them.
In fact, both Bugs and Daffy got their starts in Porky cartoons.

I guess they went with Porky since he was the first Looney Tunes character as we know them (since Bosko and Buddy haven't been used since the 30's outside of cameos in Tiny Toons and Animaniacs), and almost half of his black-and-white shorts had never seen a home release before.

What if they were to make a Superman animated movie in the style of the Fleischer cartoons?

Wasn’t Superman TAS supposed to be Set in the 1940s?

And it also sold well enough to get a enchanted release for retail as well.