Please tell me how can Steven Universe even compete? Star vs The Forces of Evil is just better at everything...

Please tell me how can Steven Universe even compete? Star vs The Forces of Evil is just better at everything. From the character to the plot and even the animation was better. Please tell me how?

Why would shit bother to compete with shit?

This. They both fail miserably at character likability, filler, and story telling.

Star vs is only popular cause people here want to fugg Star/Marco. Shit sucks.

Star was trained to kill and killed, Steve is a pacifist and a dirty hippie

Ah, a fellow patrician.
Perhaps you would care to recommend some better alternatives? Curious regarding your tastes.

Because Steven is Sans

It was never a competition. Steven Universe became popular here solely because Sup Forums respected Sugar's body of work in Adventure Time and falsely attributed its successes to her. It rode the coattails of its predecessor until the aura of both shows had waned, after which point the only thing keeping it alive was the militant SJW fanbase that kept its rotting corpse propped up.

Daron Nefcy on the other hand is a woman who scrapped and clawed her way into the industry. She came up with the concept of Star vs the Forces of Evil around a decade ago and has been carefully crafting it's storyline. It's not without flaws, the down time between major events like the midseason/season finales is often wrought with rubbish like that recent Ponyhead family episode, yet even during this downtime the show knows enough to move the ball a little bit forward each time to keep viewers interested.

The fact that the waifus in Star are cuter too is just a cherry on top.

>Daron Nefcy on the other hand is a woman who scrapped and clawed her way into the industry.
To the point that Disney basically executive meddled season 1 into oblivion, and then completely reversed direction and greenlit multiple additional seasons without even waiting to see how popular the show got?

Face it, user, it's all about a company seeking the next Gr- I mean major hit cartoon. That's it.

They're both shit.

Star vs is a mess in almost every way. The first season is unwatchable garbage that relies in scraps of future promises to keep people suffering through it. Ultimately none of any of this shit pays off and the series is unable to get its shit together.

SU had potential and then the animation went to absolute shit.

Well I suppose he could win by pure luck if Star's wand chewing habit bites her in the ass, hard.

SU never had potential, it's literally the definition of an Audience-Alienating Premise for non-SJWs.

Well OP theres one little thing thats called different opinions.
On my opinion star vs has shit characters,shit plot,shit romance,shit humor and a despicable protagonist,while SU has a shit story but good characters and music.

The only likeable characters in star vs are plot devices

You seemed awfully protective of your show.

>SU has good characters
Please, I'm unironically begging you: go back to Tumblr, and stay there.
Star vs. is shit too, but at least its literal fucking premise doesn't... no, wait, actually it does too.
Never mind, then.
But I'm not OP.

What happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object?

A bear shits while a tree falls in the same woods.

Well we don't exactly know how steve dies cause half-gem, but star would win.

You SUfags are really protective of your show. I thought getting cucked out of actual plot progression into some SoL bullshit would make you people a little more critical of your show. But looks like it doesn't.

No love triangles?

Sup Forums is always protective of the shitshows, and dismissive of the good ones - no matter how obviously wrong that gets. At least IME.

>I thought getting cucked out of actual plot progression into some SoL bullshit would make you people a little more critical of your show.

I hope you notice the irony there.

You starfags are very protective of your show. Seems like all you can talk about is how its better than SU and ignore the blatant flaws it has like a shit protagonist,flanderized characters,bad jokes and a focus on boring romance

Eh. I guess Star has a quicker build up and usage of LORE, but at some point it just started to feel gimmicky, like Syhmalamadingdong's TWEEESTS. Like someone exactly knowing how to sting along people who want to feel smart about wild guessing developments in a show that wants to be serious but cannot keep up a face like that for long.

SU tries that, but deflates that with a lot of focus on people that have largely nothing to do with that plot.

Star just turns Steven into a frog with her wand or something

BTW this applies to both. Probably should have clarified that first.

Kek,this.
>you will get filler even in magic land
Im sure they think ponyhead is hilarious.

>a shit protagonist,flanderized characters,bad jokes and a focus on boring romance
But that sounds more like SU than Star.

Who wins in being cucked the hardest?

SU rarely focuses on romance faggot.
Pearl and rose,ruby and sapphire and lapis and jasper dont have as much focus as the rest.
But you dont watch the show so what would you know

That's easy, it's the audience

Oh you mean the actual plot we got just now? From only a couple of episodes before that has equally important plot progession? That isn't getting solved off screen so that they can get back to SoL? What was I thinking?

>lapis and jasper

Kinda stretching it there.

Difference is star constantly adds terrible one joke characters and all of them keep getting worse and worse. Crystal snake guy is terrible,goat wizard was terrible,both time masters are terrible,even glossaryck turned into a retard.
The only serious characters are stars mom and toffee,and in a world with joke characters i do not give a fuck about the story or lore.
The place of magic is literally a boring ponylanns

Oops sorry. I skipped the filler ones to get to the important and plot driven part of the show. Sorry I didn't see the episode where you see Steven acts out his silly life with the gems in beach city.

Both are shit with only waifus keeping the fanbases alive.

SU at least tried. Though that might be a con, since it raised our hopes and then crushed them and is hated even more because of that.

>just now

Your words.

>LOOK ECLIPSA IS BACK
>lets not do anything with it
>MONSTERS AND MEWMANS TOGETHER
>but we have to focus on shitty romance drama
When the progression is shit it would be better if it stayed SOL

>flanderized characters

How? Do you even know what this word means?

>just now
And there you go.
In reality SU has less filler than star vs. We had 2 space arcs last season and we are getting another one after the hiatus. Not to mention in S2 we had an end of the world+redemption arc and then the amethyst vs jasper+PD arc.

SU doesnt have Pony head.

Wait do you guys really think that we Star vs just got plot progression? Just know means that just know we got more plot progression. I even said that a couple of episodes before we got more plot progession. Are you guys this desperate?

>Just know means that just know we got more plot progression.
So its an underage kid. That explains your autism.

Not him, but Wander over Yonder is everything Steven Universe and Star vs the Forces of Evil aspire to be, minus the paper-thin teen drama and actually competently made.

S1
>hur dur fight evil and shit comedy
>im toffee and im evil
>i toffee destroyed the wand, but by the power of deus ex machina it lives again
S2
>im ludo and now im cool
>oh shit star you like marco
>oh shit you just got cuuuuucked
>everything sucks now,time to move. I love you marco
Woow.

What? You have your plot solved off screen so that you can enjoy more SoL? And even after that long hiatus. Wow user. That's sad.

WOY its not the same you absolute retard. Not even close.
I say this as someone who loves WOY

>lars developed off screen so everything in the show is solved off screen
2 space arcs,fusion arc,a consistant villain,constant revelations and character development,higher stakes each season and the only dirt is a couple of townie filler that is only the 15% of the actual season.

You left put a bunch of stuff though. The blood moon and Star's entire relationship with Tom, Mewberty, St. Olga's reform school, Buff Frog's entire transformation from evil grunt to loving father. A lot seeds were planted for events that became increasingly relevant.

>11-minute episodes
>half the show is episodic
This doesn't sound good. Is WOY a meme?

>a consistant villain

...that wasn't mentioned until the 30th episode, that wasn't seen until the 50th episode, and has not been shown doing anything except being slightly annoyed and crushing a mouthy lawyer.

Right but im talking big picture here. None of those events come out of nowhere but in the big picture stuff like buffrog being good,tom and star,blood moon and mewberty dont mean shit in S1 and S2.
The heinous school was also useless for 2 seasons and is only relevant thanks to the newest episodes.

So? Plot progression? With meaningful callbacks and forshadowing? In a cartoon? Woah!

Im talking about jasper retard. But its not only her
S1
Lapis peridot and jasper
S2
Malechite peridot and the cluster
S3
Jasper and the rubies
S4
Aquamarine,topaz,the diamonds
We are even getting a new villain,emerald next season.
Star vs only real villains are ludo,toffee and ms heinous. Only ludo stayed long enough to make a presence

>next season
Next episode dammit

>Not him, but Wander over Yonder is everything Steven Universe and Star vs the Forces of Evil aspire to be
No it's not. Wander Over Yonder is much more episodic, even with the Dominator plot at the very very end. It's a goofy slapstick show 80% of the time. The only similarity is that the main character likes helping people except it's presented like a drug addiction after a certain point instead of having the realistic consequences of that kind of attitude explored because, again, it's mostly goofy comedy.

>SU
>Less Filler

The ride never ends.

So with SU it's episodic bullshit with villain of the month type of progession. While star vs is a beautifully crafted story with story elements inserted so carefully that some people cannot even comprehend. Wow. Just wow.

>While star vs is a beautifully crafted story

is not that good, you waifu fags are willing to praise the shit out of anything if it has a character that you want to fuck.

Star vs threads are 99% shipping bullshit and trying to making it sound adult

>is not that good

is not even good good, is decent at best

Waifus are the most important part of any cartoon

/s?

I don't think the comparison is too far-fetched. It's an 11-minute show with consistent villains and, while episodic in nature, has recurring characters whose relationships can change over the course of the series, and an overarching plot that steadily progresses throughout each season, which conclude in big mid- and end- season finales.

Despite being a comedy series and clearly not an outright teen adventure show like the other two, it does everything StarVs and SU are praised for (progressing story driven by seemingly episodic plots, sudden switches in the series' tone, characters changing over the course of the series, competently incorporating original songs in episodes) and does them better.

you can make anything sound like shit by oversimplifying it

Ahahahahahahahahaha. I finally found it. Someone even more delusional than A SUfag. A WOYfag.

>beautifully crafted story
No
>story elements inserted so carefully people cant comprehend
Kek. Literally rick and morty fandom tier
To be fair,you have to have a high IQ to understand star vs the forces of evik

>Kek

Dude,stop. Youre comparing a goofy cartoony wacky show with a tiny bit of plot to two cartoons that focus mainly on plot and character progression. SU doesnt even focus on the jokes. Star vs does but its not the same type of humor.
Just stop

>story elements inserted so carefully people cant comprehend
>actually takes the post seriously

>implying saying kek on a board is worse than being like the rick and morty fandom
I love how you have 0 arguments left so you just post photos

>i fucked up so im just gonna say its a joke
If you read the post you can tell you where being serious.

I mean, at that level of simplification it's going to seem like nothing.

>Character or plot progression in Steven Universe.

Sure. This show can't even get 50 minutes worth of material out within eight months without screwing shit up.

>where being serious
>where being
>where
Fucking moron.

that wasnt me bro

>he mispelled a word guys. Hes the dumbass,not me!

You dont actually think the hiatus are done by the SU crew,right?
Theres a bunch of episodes ready to air but CB wont let them. Just like every show at CN.

Then read the post again. You will see the starfag is serious.

They are so fucking ready that the aired episode is a mess and inconsistent everytime.

and even then Steven Universe is a more interesting show, its not loud and annoying like Star Vs.

Star Vs is just a generic cartoon, people only like the show because they are lonely pieces of shit that want to pretend that Marco and Star dating or some shit is them dating the character that they want.

Seriously, that's why Star vs never will have half the fanbase that SU has

For example just with the music and backgrounds alone that makes Steven universe a more interesting show...

While I can't cringe enough while imagining Star Vs trying to have a musical number, it would be fucking embarasing

>Steven Universe is a more interesting show

>tfw like both shows but Sup Forums forces me to shit on one to defend the other

Man! That was your one and only chance to use this smuggie and you fucking blew it. You really are the moron for not using this opporturnity to meme.

post a ''interesting'' scene from Star Vs and let's see how the show is not actually infantile garbage like we all know it is then

Please stop making these threads.

>hur dur
>i use hur dur and can't capitalize letters because i can't formulate a coherent thought
>i apply casuistry to things i can't attack directly because the fallaciousness of any argument I could construct would be immediately recognized hur durrrrrrr

To be fair, they're both sleeper hits, much, much more interesting than they have any right to be. Shit, cartoons with lore? With character growth, and serialized storytelling? Could you imagine that 20 year ago?

>Hey Sup Forums, I'm glad I could be your last waifu. Now go out and get a girl like me!

>SU
>sleeper hit

>Could you imagine that 20 year ago?
Man, I didn't realize Gargoyles came out in the 21st century. Silly me.

Exactly. It was unique at the time, and prematurely cancelled because it serialized nature supposedly alienated audiences. Yet, here we are, where serialized storytelling has become more the norm than the outlier.

True serialized cartoons became the norm in the 2000s, and then dropped off. What we have now is fake serialization, where tidbits of LORE are thrown out to keep idiots watching, and they fall for it even though it's crap since cartoons are storyboarded now, not written.

tl;dr: Stop watching current cartoons. Please.

Yes, yes I can. Because it happened a lot, there were a bunch of cartoons with story and lore, nigga fucking ben 10 was like 12 years ago now.

Shit earlier that same year we had avatar the last airbender. You act like this is some phenomenon, but it isn't.

Hmm. Go look at the CN schdule. No it isn't the norm, rebecca sugar just sucked major amounts of cock to keep her awful show on the teen titans Go network. In fact CN has gone out of their way to kill, and air story based cartoons in death slotss on the network. Look at transformers, look at ben 10 alien force, they still had a seasons worth of episodes that they death slotted to burn off at 6 am on school days.

The only network to support any story based cartoons is disney XD, as seen with tron, motorcity, gravity falls, star vs. off of the top of my head. And even then Disney XD is a dead channel, they commission these cartoons but barley anyone sees them unless they have premium cable packages, because the main Disney Chanel is just live action sit coms.

>tron, motorcity, gravity falls, star vs.
Only one of those is not trash.
Your argument is invalid.

Go back to Sup Forums not everything is shit you pessimist shit. Every thread there's always that one autist always calling everything shit, and complaining about how it isn't good enough. Just fuck off back to Sup Forums where you call all video games boring shit that isn't fun and how there is nothing good to ever play.

Just because I have discerning taste doesn't mean I think all cartoons are shit, you idiot.
(Unless we're comparing to anime, of course.)

Here's a list of actual great ones: Notice how most of them are from last decade.

Star is for people who are masochist and enjoy suffering, Steven Universe is for people who want happy endings and feel validated by a 13 year old half breed

>Star is for people who are masochist and enjoy suffering

so sick of the ''le suffering'' meme that waifufags use all the time to make their waifu show/comic seem more mature than it actually is.

Is like Gwenpool fags, all they say is ''this is not your generic happy super hero story, this is about SUFFERING!!!!!!!''

And is not, is just some generic pink shit, just like Star vs

You don't have discerning tastes, you just can't enjoy things. If your list of all cartoons that exist and that is the only ones you enjoy, you are either 18 now munching on those memberberries of when you were young or the most negative bitch alive because there are a lot of good cartoons.

How so?