Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

I can't believe WB let Snyder direct again after MOS and BvS.

Same thing that always goes wrong

DC thinks they can compete with Based Marvel

Snyder.

Whedon and reshoots

Has the dust settled?
What went wrong is that they tripled down on Snyder. He's the only consistent aspect in these movies and they still don't entertain the idea he might be the problem.

Snyder.

Hell people called the Whedon scenes decent if I so were to believe which, eh maybe, maybe not. Yet Warner Bros can't fire him due to his wife being one of the top producers.

Agreed, even dumber than hiring Synder in the first place.

Zack Snyder has not made a good movie in his entire career.

Whedon. It was confirmed doa as soon as they forced his wrinkly sexist head into it.

Making a sequel to a poorly received movie, which was a sequel to a movie that had a divided reception

>if you’re lost, just keep driving and you’re bound to end up somewhere

Snyder made a dogshit movie full of problems. WB panicked and decided it needed major surgery. Whedon tried to fix it but just ended up created new flaws and tonal clash.

Basically incompetence at every level by all involved.

>DC thinks they can compete with Based Marvel
This. DC should just ignore that urinefest for imbeciles

It didn't know what it wanted to be.

A board room directing a movie because they felt they had to make a Justice League movie instead of a director directing because he wants to make a Justice League movie.

Pretty much the same problem plaguing most Hollywood flicks.

Eh 300 was decent

Critics and audiences were too dumb to appreciate it.

The DCEU didn't fail. It was failed.

>In movie theater watching Justice League
>Snuck in some food because fuck paying those jacked up prices.
>Really loud noise catches me off guard and makes me drop my food
>Loud black teenager shouts "This nigga eatin beans!"
>everyone laughs at me
>can't report him to management

Wonder Woman says differently.

If anything, DCEU should have been:

Batman Begins
Superman Returns
The Dark Knight
Wonder Woman
The Dark Knight Rises

And that leads into the Justice League. At least the damage would have been minimal (like how Phase 2 of MCU was more solid despite Age of Ultron being disappointing)

>what went wrong
They didn't stop pre-production the moment they knew they had fucked up with BvS.

Had they gone back to the drawing board, and left Diana to handle 2017 alone, the year would have been a success for the DCEU, and WB could have bought themselves an extra 4-6 months to decide what had gone wrong with MoS, and BvS, and theoretically SS as well, allowed the movie to go into production with new oversight in place, potentially a different director, and a structure around the overall production that might have led to the creation of a unified movie that felt designed from the ground up, and less like the Frankenstein monster reviews seem to suggest it does.

I liked Watchmen.

Like, we blame Snyder and all (or Whedon if you're delusional enough to think he single-handedly ruined the other's "vision"), but these movies are broken on a fundamental level

Like, what was going on in the mind of the writer that decided the League was going to forget the motherbox on a random police car? What's the logic behind Superman resurrecting as a murderous psycho? Why is Batman telling half the planet he's Batman? What designer decided Cyborg was going to be a skeleton covered in aluminum foil, why couldn't he be more armour-like so that the actor could actually wear something? Like, each scene and plot point seems to exist only to get from point A to point B without care of what's inbetween

But then again we're talking about the company that was going to adapt Green Lantern as a raunchy comedy with Jack Black as Hal Jordan

They were in full on production at that point

I just realized i used "like, ..." 3 times which makes me sound like a tool

>Now that the dust has settled
what the fuck is wrong with you

They stapled two different movies together and hoped it'd work.

Basically, Suicide Squad 2.

How can the dust be settle when we haven't even seen it yet?

The company behind Catwoman vs the evil cosmetics

Nah thats the only reason its a 40 instead of a 20 or 15

Snyder and WB happened. But mostly Snyder.

I was always under the impression that everything before the beginning of photography is pre-production.

And BvS, Boco.

To be fair BvS was more of an unified vision. Unfortunately for us that vision was a shitshow, SS had a lot more going on as far as messy productions go

The critics. The critics were a mistake. Criticism was a mistake.

Nah, that didn't need desperate reshhots and post-production work. It was gloomy and depressing from the start.

>Now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?
Movie isn't even out yet dummy

I find hard to believe that doing World's Finest, The Dark Knight Returns and Death of Superman in a single movie was a unified vision

I just mean that it was a combo of Death of Superman as well as DKR on top of a World's Finest origin while they were at it as well as whatever delusional kinophiles insist it was.

This board's moderation.

We need to stick this shit to one general so next week's Wednesday storytimes don't get pushed out by you fucking faggots again.

Sure, story-wise.

We're talking filmmaking. Like SS, they essentially made a second, "fun" movie, shoved it and Snyder's together in a box, and wrapped a ribbon around it.

What were you doing? I read everything I wanted to without any issues, user.

>the dust has settled
Stop kidding yourself.

I liked Sucker Punch, and Watchmen wasn't a bad adaptation. 300 wasn't objectively 'good' I suppose, but it was fun and also something of a cultural phenomenon.

They didn't use Starro

Man, if only.

Snyder confirmed a casual.

WB should have had the balls to follow Snyder's vision to the bitter end

or go full Marvel

instead its a weird hodgepodge that isn't as good as MCU movie and has no "deep" things of value or even looks pretty.

stop worrying about fucking Marvel Studios and just do your own thing ala Fox

>the dust has settled
Not even close. Come back in five years for the objective opinions.

>Legions of parasitic starfish descending from the sky
>An army of a thousand different races speaking as one mind
>A puppet warlord speaking to The League
>The League fleeing from an entire city, because they can't harm the innocents under his power
>Final battle is against a giant Starro
We got robbed

I seripusly liked it, maybe it is because everyone said it would be so bad. But I went in with low expectations and I found it very enjoyable. Some of the CGI is not the greatest but it does not detract from the movie. The stars had amazing chemistry, and the humour was getter the gurdians of the galexy. Also the webm s of the scenes posted here do NOT do the real thing justice. Some of the best fight sequances I have ever seen and Steppenwolf was actually very intimidating , he came off as more of a threat then doomsday. Dont let people think for you. Go watch it and give it a chance, you will be pleasently Surprised. Also Barry is Absoloutly best boy.

>40%

And guardians and thor got 90. Those ratings mean next to nothing. I am just saying think for yourself, you jave wasted money on worse I am sure. It is a great movie. It is not the best movie ever but it is charming and fun. Like a comic book movie should be. It has a lot of heart. It feels like watching an actual comic on screen. I like it a lot and it is easily a 4 star movie. And very funny

39%

oh lawd

Why should I wait five years to tell you a turd is a turd, retard?

BIGGEST SIN:
>The horrid CGI.
>The HORRID CGI.
>The horrid irreconcilable camera work between Whedon and Snyder. It's jarring.

NOT QUITE A SIN BUT STILL JERKY:
>Could have benefited from a longer running time
>The tone was all over the place.
>Diana and Bruce's friendship.
>Cyborg's lack of proper expansion.
>Barry as a whole.

WHAT I SURPRISINGLY ENJOYED BUT HAD GONE IN EXPECTING TO DISLIKE
>Superman's return and the scene on the Kent Farm.
>A more idealistic Batman/Bruce Wayne

I had fun watching it, though. It's nothing new, but if you want to have a good time at the cinema with your friends, it's worth a standard ticket.

Seriously, though, what the fuck is up with the CGI in this movie? It's PS3 tier.

It's a Batman Forever situation. They had two dark, moody movies and then they decided to bring in some talentless faggot who wanted to turn the third one into a comedy so the kids are gonna buy more action figures.

At least we can safely assume the next one's gonna be even worse.

We can agree that the movie itself is mediocre if not bad, but how's it going to do in the box office? We all know shitty movies can make bank, while good ones die out there.

Anyone else think Affleck had jaundice in a few scenes?

Burton's movies were dark but they still had zany shit and laughs and most importantly, the casts were charismatic. The problem with the Snyderverse is that it's not that. It's just a bunch of sad sacks causing their own problems by not being able to get over their baggage.
Superman especially isn't aspirational, he isn't relatable, he's PITIABLE, and those aren't the same damn thing.

Everything
It is a bad movie
Made by people who don't care

Biased critics wearing mickey glasses

Everything.

>Snyder will never touch DC characters again
It was almost worth it. Which is to say, these movies are all rush jobs made by hacks.

>Watchmen wasn't a bad adaptation
Yes it fucking was.

>Communism cannot fail, it can only be failed!

Yeah, still not buying that line of shite coming from you either. WB was expected to provide a product. Whether YOU think it's a good product or not, the MARKET has decided, mostly, that it's mediocre-to-shit, and they're reacting accordingly.

And be honest, do you REALLY think this stuff is going to IMPROVE with age and distance? THAT CGI? The choppy editing? The unevenly-written characters? The fact that they left the Important McGuffin IN AN UNLOCKED CAR while they went off to do other things?