ITT: Capekino

ITT: Capekino

I would swap First Class with Spider-man (2002) just because First Class falls apart towards the end.

I endorse this.

Hate on me all you want, I also think THE AVENGERS deserves a spot.

Spider-man 2 is overrated.

>no batman forever
>no batman and robin

Man pleb taste is real

Batman and Robin is 10/10 solely for watching with friends at how amazingly terrible it is. Batman Forever Is also terrible but much more boringly so.

Batman and Robin would be amazing if it was 30 minutes shorter. Of course its terrible, but its gloriously entertaining for about an hour and a half. After that I stop caring. The final half hour is really tiring and difficult to get through.

This is actually a pretty good list.

I want to argue this but I can't

The Avengers is only good the first time

Also this list is missing The Crow, which is objectively the best comic book movie ever made

Can it have og TMNT? Thats a badass movie and it has a great 80s NY aesthetic.

>Civil War
*inhales*

>No The Dark Knight Rises but has Batman Begins
Absolutely perfect list

Where?

Are there any planned movies that you guys think might get added?

This

I miss Watchmen, first avenger, DoFP and Avengers, maybe memepool too

Infinity War

yeah, replace first class with the crow
id even replace the winter soldier with man of steel but thats just me

I don't think I'd count The Crow as capeshit

I liked XMFC but it can get the fuck off that list.

Avengers deserves a spot of that by far

Not OP but I fucked up in calling it perfect. DoFP is definitely better than First Class.

replace first class with DoFP (rogue cut)

The Avengers doesn't hold up, but I don't think anything will be able to beat the feeling of watching that movie on the big screen, with a huge crowd on opening weekend.

Avengers was an experience and you had to be there in 2012 to appreciate it. Otherwise it's rather dull on rewatches.

Sir you need to leave

>tragic back story
>super powers
>fights crime
>costume and cape (coat)

Why exactly?

>nolanfags

Also, animal side kick and legacy heroes. The Crow is a street-level magic based hero.

Infinity War? More like Infinite Bore

The Magneto missile scene is pure kino

I see The Crow more like 300 or V for Vendeta than a superhero movie

>Not including the best Fantastic Four movie

>Capeshit
>NO CAPES!

pick one

You could say the same thing about Logan, without the context of the previous films its a science gone awry movie. Break down the word superhero. Eric Draven and ESPECIALLY the latter comics incarnations are literally super heroes.

Are the TMNT not superheroes? You understand how dumb a semantics argument like this is?

OP if you wanted this thread to more active you needed some bait movies in there. Maybe BvS or Suicide Squad

I was just talking about the kind of movie, even if is based on a comic, is less related with the superhero movies and more close to things like Constantine, is something that you don't see in TMNT wich are more close to the generic group of superheroes, all the horror or paranormal comics belong to other kind of adaptations, just like The Walking Dead to me

Where is Hellboy and Blade?

Why no Watchmen?

Mcfuck yourself. Spiderman 2 is great.

this and is Unbreakable capekino too?

oh shit

Blade 2

Unbreakable and Split if it counts

Man the pleb taste is real.
It genuinly fantastic. Only faggots ironicaly enjoy something.
The single only complaint always waged against them is that they are campy. Well no shit, they are intentionaly, so for what they were trying to be they are genuinely fucking good.
Step it up Sup Forums

Can V for vendetta be considered cape movie? Because is easily better than most of the movies in this list.

I would say not since there is a beginning and definitive end

Watchmen is an overproduced slog that missed the entire theme of the source material

SOON

Because it was terrible shit that replicated all of the mistakes lesser writers made in the late 80s/early 90s trying to ape Moore's original?

It's Exhibit 1 of how Snyder is all style and no substance. He can replicate the surface of a work to some extent but has zero grasp beyond that. And even that he fucks up.

Remove Winter Soldier and put on Batman 66.

Hellboy 1 and 2, Blade 1 and 2

Why does everyone like Winter Soldier so much? I'd replace it with Avengers because its a team up movie that actually worked. What did Winter Soldier do that was new?

???

Stop being a contrarian to earn internet cool points. We all know Batman and Robin was ass, but we can still laugh at it for what it is. Thinking its unironically perfect doesn’t make you seem smarter.

Magneto in the Argentinian Bar redeems that though.

Winter Soldier didn't do anything new, it was just a good movie.

Also, mine is better. The Crow is an absolute piece of kino, and I agree with some other anons that Spider-Man 2 is massively overrated.

V for Vendetta is a superhero story. I'd agree with you that 300 isn't.

Winter Soldier is by far the best MCU movie.

Good action, good suspense, actually has something to say (the US and Russia SHOULDN'T have hired Nazi scientists), and Cap gets to be not only badass but stand for an ethical/moral issue rather than just fighting a skybeam.

The Richard Donner Superman films don't hold up well at all. Replace them with Hellboy and Blade 2.

So much this. Even now I prefer to watch it on a projector with friends.

No to the blade, but a definite yes on hellboy 1. While hellboy 2 was great, I'm still debating if it was kino

Aight, but you're still going to defend First Class over Days of Future Past?

It works as an actual movie and feels like a grounded spy movie as opposed to capeshit schlock filled with references for reddit

Also great fight choreography here and the elevator scene

I like this list. I don't agree with every single entry, but they are all reasonable picks, IMO.

Both are very good, both have flaws, in the end I'll take the cringey teen moments over the giant Quicksilver plot hole

>Get high out my backyard, walk back through house
>"Oh shit, there's a Michael Gough movie on TV."
> "Oh shit, it's Batman & Robin."
>Watched this movie constantly as a kid
>Don't remember this scene
>Stay to watch for five minutes

>"What is Batman but an attempt to stop death?"
>Bruce and Alfred talking as equals about the underlying failure of Batman, and how Bruce has to accept Alfred's inevitable death, the death of his last remaining parent, and death as a whole.
>So high, I tear up right there.

Fucking great film. Schumacher's was the best Gotham, too.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Batman Returns
3. X2
4. Iron Man
5. Batman Begins
6. Superman 1978
7. The Winter Soldier
8. Logan
9. BASED Blade
10. Guardians of the Galaxy

Fucking this
I just rewatched last night pure 90s comfy Kino

The crow just appeals to edgy kids from the 90s. It's the movie equivalent of crawling in my skin

Maybe, no, yes, maybe, no, absolutely not, yes, yes, sure, yes, sure, yes

First Class is absolutely better than DOFP, you people are high.

Never go full chode choker.

Your comment equates to literally nothing. Namecalling is your idea of a critique? Spider-Man 2 just appeals to geek girls from the 00s, it's the movie equivalent of not reading comics.

There, did I make "a funny"? Because it can be done to literally any movie being discussed here, insult said fanbase and make a sweeping generalization about them while discussing nothing about the film in question, yada yada. Bravo sir.

If the Crow gets on, one of the first two Blade movies does too.

Also, Flash Gordon, because it was exactly what it set out to be.

>First Class
>Winter Soldier

where's days of future past?

Agreed. The only good thing about it is Doc Ock himself.

>The Avengers is only good the first time
Nah, it's still fun on rewatches.

Visually, Hellboy 2 is far more "kino" than the first one.

The Avengers is a victim of its own success.

TODAY we take for granted that a modern cinematic universe is possible, so a movie that had demonstrating that fact as its grand ambition seems rather unimpressive these days.

It set the bar - a bar that is, today, routinely (but not always!) cleared, but one that didn't seem so obviously achievable back then.

>kino
Go back to Sup Forums and take your shitty memes with you.

kino is more than visuals, and hellboy 2 made the grave mistake of having every single character act like an irrational fucking child

Logan was a horrible boring film

This. Fuck Raimi. The only good thing about them are the bad guys

first avenger is bland as fuck. It's a shitty WWII movie and very mediocre. DOFP and Avengers are both very good for what they are. It's hard to describe what genre of film they even are, but they pull it off.

Honestly preferred 1 much more.

This.

Change first class for Spider-Man 1.

Wasn't a particular fan of First Avenger, ether.

Doc Ock is why I dislike it, though. He had a cool design, and as a kid I thought he was cool, but after getting older I realized how shitty his motivations were.

>wife dies
>robot arms somehow manage to take control of his brain just enough that he can still think for himself but they manipulate him into rebulding the same machine that killed his wife

weak as hell. at least with Goblin we had the insanity excuse from the exposure to the gas. here, we're supposed to believe he's capable of making decisions for himself, as he does in the end when he sacrifices himself, but for some reason before Peter reveals himself to be Spidey he was okay with destroying the city and murdering thousands of innocent people? for science and his wife? like, okay?

>"Erik, there's men who are just following orders out there!"
>"I've been at the mercy of men following orders before. Never again."
Absolute kino

Come on, it's like you're not even trying. Replace that Christian Bale shit with this.

Solid group, but only Logan belongs from the X-Men franchise. Throw in the two Del Toro superhero sequels (Blade II and Hellboy: Golden Army) and that's pretty much the kino list right there. Wonder Woman probably belongs, too.

1989 Batman is not a great film. Returns is kino, though.

How the hell do you figure. Returns was needlessly edgy and not in a particularly tasteful way like some other 90s films, it was in like a gross "lets be as pervy as possible" way, '89 was the best balance of edgy and camp

I'd swap it with Days of future past.

top 3: man of steel robocop and dredd 2012 in no particular order

honorable mentions are spiderman dark knight rises and blade

Have that feel of adventure movie that you see in some of the old Indiana Jones, The Phantom, The Shadow The Mummy or The Untouchables, I know isn't that good but still