>Favorite character
>Favorite song
>Favorite episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEVTvsCesV8
youtube.com/watch?v=PXX9uOJ-nhM
mega.nz/#F!zRQh3Zpa!FiV3aYnxHZfAcxrSamg9Yg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't need to rewatch to know it's overrated as hell.

That's okay, user.
Have a nice day!

>Last time you rewatched it
I think I've only watched its entirety twice. Last time being October 2015.

>Favorite character
Wirt.

>Favorite song
Patient is the Night then Langtree's Lament

>Favorite episode
Hard to say, I just know that my least favorite was Babes in the Wood

I'm sorry but I ship Greg and Wirt

B-but that's forbidden love!

Degenerate.

First week of november, every year.
>Favorite character
Wirt and Best girl(pic related)
>Favorite song
Over the Garden Wall
>Favorite episode
Mad Love

Tell us why.

Never did
>Favorite character
Greg
>Favorite song
Potatoes and Molasses
>Favorite episode
Can't decide

>>Last time you rewatched it
Early October with my ma
>>Favorite character
Pumpkin man from the pilot
>>Favorite song
Everything is Nice and Fine
>>Favorite episode
The Tavern one

October this year.
Greg because he reminds me of my cousin
Either Over the Garden walk or Into the Unknown.
Probably episode 4

About a year ago. I swore I would watch it around Halloween, but I didn't get a chance to yet this year.

Best Character is Launa or Greg, best song "Over the Garden Wall", and my favorite episode is The Ringing of the Bell

Two years ago when CN aired it
>Favorite character
Tough choice, I love Jason Funderberker
>Favorite song
Forward, Oneiroi
>Favorite episode
Babes in the Woods

Bummer It was streamed this year in the Halloween thread and it was my first time watching. Really good

Threadly reminder this is the best pairing.

>a year back or summat
>the highwayman
>"I'm the Highwayman"
>the highwayman episode

2 days
Beatrice
old black train
"Lullaby in Frogland"

so.... what's up with the black turtles?

Wanted to say that the little acoustic riff that plays while they tumble downhill is based off of a Woody Guthrie song called "Little Black Train"

youtube.com/watch?v=LEVTvsCesV8

It's not mentioned in the soundtrack so I thought I'd drop it here

youtube.com/watch?v=PXX9uOJ-nhM

They are black oil from Edelwood trees, when it spilled on the ground it becomes in turtles (don't ask my why, it's a black magic thing), the turtles are the fountain of the power of the witches because they are associate to the Beast just like Wizards in the real life are commonly associated to the Devil.

It's seems like the oil is a corruptive sustance and it have weird effects in animals and humans when it is consumed. Auntie Whisper eat turtles and probably her appearance is affected by them the weird thing is that even when she is a witch and the fount of her magic is the Beast she seems to be a good person.

anyone got that comic that goes with the idea that OTGW Greg grows up to be Greg Universe?

About a week ago trying for an annual tradition.
>Favorite character
Probably Beatrice for the main characters and Enoch for side characters.
>Favorite song
Patient is the Night
>Favorite episode
Probably episode 6

Just about a year ago
>Favorite character
Wirt
>Favorite song
Potatoes and Molasses
>Favorite episode
Into the unknown

Yep, gonna have to have myself another rewatch of this before December hits.

Wait shit the "Over the Garden Wall" song the frog sings is actually the best song, how did I forget about that one

about 2 weeks ago but now that you mentioned it: right now
>Favorite character
wirt reminds me of how I acted when I was a young boy, and greg has the exact personality of my younger brother around that time so it's a split between the two for nostalgia's sake
>Favorite song
I listen to the album on spotify as I drive to work a lot and again there's a tie : "old black train" and the Latin reprise of potatoes and molasses
>Favorite episode
"hard times at the huskin' bee"
potsfield struck just the right chord of ominous but comfortable that (at least for me) really set the tone for the rest of the episodes.

Love the thread OP, nice to see anons talking about something they enjoy

rewatched this a few weeks ago. fav character is wirt for sure, favourite song is a bit harder to pick. big fan of the one that the frog sings in the boat episode. favourite ep is episode 9, into the unknown.

anyone here read the comics? are they worth reading?

November the 1st 2017
>>Favorite character
I love the Woodsman; I could have watched OtGW entirely from his POV and still have found it amazing.
Greg is also adorable.
>>Favorite song
The intro theme > Frog Lullaby > Come Wayward Souls

>>Favorite episode
The Unknown. That final sequence pulls at my heartstrings every single time.

I only read a few the last time they got story-timed; they aren't as good as the show, but if you wanted something less plot-driven then you might enjoy

Ey, I remember you from those Halloween threads. You were stuck watching a holiday special you found incredibly dull with your mother because she liked it, until you suggested watching Over the Garden Wall instead and she liked it so much it became tradition.
Are you that user?

2016 edition is canon and it can help you to discover interesting things like author's inclination for the original ending, and many details about the interpretation of many simbolisms of the story, besides it offers a more complete story of the cartoon.

2017 is a little bland and it can be monotonous with the time. These comics are a pseudo-sequel of the cartoon but it's completely no-canon and Beatrice is replaced by Sara (and she is not a great character). There isn't any real meaning behind the stories and sometimes it looks like an imitation of the original one. Still you can look at this if you are boring or you want see more about Wirt and Greg.

The only thing missing from this series is that they didn't get Christopher Lee to voice a character.

About four weeks ago with the entire family dragged into it.
>Favorite character
Greg is of innocence
>Favorite song
Old Black Train
>Favorite episode
Tie between Mad Love and The Unknown

A year ago
>>Favorite character
Wirt
>>Favorite song
One peach from Georgia and Come wayward souls
>>Favorite episode
Third and the last

Thanks giving and going to rewatch it either this weekend or Thanksgiving

>Favorite character
Encot

>Favorite song
Patient is the night.

>Favorite episode
Pottsfield

Also I just bought the digital ost and have a rip of the ost in VYNLE QUALITY! Anyone interested?

Where can I get the full series?

>Last time I watched it
Last month but I might watch it again pretty soon
>Favorite character
Wirt or Beatrice
>Favorite song
Send me a peach from Georgia or Potatus et Molassus
>Favorite episode
Schooltown Follies

Of course, this ship is the creme de la creme.

This fag is really dedicated to his shit posting

>Jason Funderberker

Forbidden love is best love.
I find it adorable, they act really cute towards each other, plus I enjoy the idea of Greg having a crush on Wirt.

>Also I just bought the digital ost and have a rip of the ost in VYNLE QUALITY! Anyone interested?
Sure, I'll take it.

>plus I enjoy the idea of Greg having a crush on Wirt.
If Greg was gay it would be possible for this to happen. I mean, siblings might develop crushes on each other the same way children can do for their parents before they properly understand how relationships work.

About two weeks ago on Halloween.

>Favorite character
The Beast

>Favorite song
Probably Come Wayward Souls with the Highway Man Song as a very close second.

>Favorite episode
Either Into the Unknown or The Unknown

The internet.

Where is that?

Imagine being mentally ill and wrong at the same time.

Potatoes

and molasses

Mashed

Keep it in your pants.

What is wrong about that?

I'm serious, it gets a lot of unwarranted praise

HERE YA GO! (bonus, added Cuphead ost.)

mega.nz/#F!zRQh3Zpa!FiV3aYnxHZfAcxrSamg9Yg

Last year
Lorna
Come Wayward Souls because Sam Ramey

>Last rewatch
About a month ago
>Favorite character
It's embarrassing how much of myself I see in Wirt from when I was a teenager, but the Beast is a goddamn compelling villain (and the voice I read Darkseid in).
>Favorite song
Over the Garden Wall or Ol black train, with Langtree's lament having an honorable mention due to how often it's stuck in my head.
>favorite episode
Tales from the dark tavern. Nuff' said

Boy you need to talk to someone you have a really bad inclination, pedophilia, incest and gay are three big things to talk with a medic.

I think OtGW should be continued in the seasonal format. It would mirror the coming-of-age subplot of C.S. Lewis books.

The next mini-series would be Winter, probably dealing with a tragedy for the brothers --- maybe their grandma is dying and they have to come to terma with that via parallels in the Other World.

Spring mini-series would deal with Wort discovering true love. That classic idyllic love you rarely see in media these days.

The Summer mini-series, the final one, would deal with Wort going off to college.

Leave it the fuck alone.

The problem with go to the "Other World" or The Unknown is that McHale doesn't want represent it like a tragedy, so Winter can't represent a tragedy by someone who have died.

Another problem with your idea is that OTGW doesn't work without the unknown in its story, because the normal world isn't important to it so we can't stay there for a long time displacing the unknown forever.

If we use the real world like the main scenario of a sequel the correct way to use it is to represent The Purgatory with this, the path in middle of the hell that you need to cross to reach the Heaven. In that way we can complete the symbolism of Wirt as a boat floating in a stormy river (the life) and trying to reach the sea (The Unknown), and we can complete the simile between this story and The Divine Comedy.

I like your idea about Spring and it can be used to represent The Paradise in the heaven where Dante is finally reunited with Beatrice.

>Week or two before Halloween
>Pass
>Over the Garden Wall
>Lullaby in Frogland

This morning thanks for the reminder
Greg
The Ol' North Wind
The Ringing of the Bell aka Burglin' Turts

Thanks a bunch user! I really appreciate it.

et molassu

Talking to people about those three things at once puts you in a registry.

two years ago
the beast
over the garden wall
honestly whenever the beast was around it was an amazing episode, its so rare to see a cool and interesting villain that not only looks good but doesnt act like a fool. His trick was such a good one and the shows ability to really make him feel sinister was incredible.