Does the Mouse always win?

Post instances were the Mouse has been BTFO

>Kelly Wilson brought the copyright lawsuit in March 2014 with allegations that the Frozen trailer was substantially similar to a short 2D computer-animated film entitled The Snowman about an "average Joe" snowman who must battle a gang of hungry rabbits to save his carrot nose. The bar on showing similarity is usually quite high, but four months later, Disney failed to have the lawsuit tossed upon California federal judge Vince Chhabria's opinion that "the sequence of events in both works, from start to finish, is too parallel to conclude that no reasonable juror could find the works substantially similar."

>Disney made another attempt to beat the lawsuit on summary judgment. This time, the company looked at YouTube records and made a forensic analysis of who had viewed The Snowman online, where the watchers were geographically located, how long they watched, and so forth. Disney argued the creators of the Frozen trailer lacked access to Wilson's work. Disney's lawyers also attempted to introduce denials from witnesses they'd ever seen The Snowman.

>That argument fails too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6c7RLV8ew
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/comcast-talks-acquire-parts-21-century-fox-n821651
vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/is-this-the-end-of-the-house-of-murdoch-fox-news
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the company looked at YouTube records and made a forensic analysis of who had viewed The Snowman online, where the watchers were geographically located, how long they watched, and so forth
How could they do that when it's illegal for both them or google to even own such data?

Holy shit how much information does the mouse have on us?

I have no doubt in my mind that Disney partners with the Nsa to track us. It dosen't matter if its illegal what only matters is if they make money.

The either get paltry fines or the lawsuit is completely dropped.

As much as every other media corp., a lot. They live on wanting to know who watches their content and work with ad companies(or even have their own in-house advertising agencies)to find and maintain the demographic most suited for them.

Do you think that there is still time for us to get some of the power back as consumers or have we already passed the point of no return?
It wouldn't be a far stretch to say that big companies work with the government, hell Facebook worked with the Saudi Government to find ppl who disapprove of their policies. As a result 4 people were rounded up and sent to jail to be executed.

>Do you think that there is still time for us to get some of the power back as consumers
>have we already passed the point of no return?
No, there isn't time anymore. When the news broke about Disney wanting to buy Fox, most of the public, including most of the posters here, cared more about I.P rights than the further increase of media consolidation. People care more about entertainment than the ramifications of having fewer content providers. The media has won and people as a whole care more about when their favorite character is going to show up in a movie than who controls the airwaves/internet. We're in the Huxley timeline now.

There is an easy solution.
We must punish success harder. Worldwide.
Nobody will make monopolies if doing so is financial suicide. Nobody will pull out and escape to tax havens if the same applies everywhere.

To do that you have to get lawmakers, over half of them, to sign a bill into law. The problem is, all the media companies lobby/wine and dine government officials into doing their bidding. So, while you might get the guy that said he'd tackle big corporations in his campaign, sooner or later he's gonna get a handjob and a ten thousand dollar vacation from Viacom, AT&T or some other conglomerate telling him to give them tax breaks.

>punish success
Listen Comrads, we must revive the great Communist State, equal pay for all, many working hours, unlimited amount of vodka and potatoes, there is now downside. Everyone will be the same, Poor!

It's a goddamn shame. I understand that companies have always tried to play the political side but when did Disney's policy change from making great cartoons for the sake of making children happy, to becoming filthy rich no matter who they fuck over.

>Frozen trailer was substantially similar to a short 2D computer-animated film entitled The Snowman about an "average Joe" snowman who must battle a gang of hungry rabbits to save his carrot nose
Literally how?

Can we pls not call Disney ''the mouse''? As a Mickey fan it sucks that he's brought into dodgy business talk.

The mouse doesn't care about your feelings, user. You have to move on.

Just watch and compare them
youtube.com/watch?v=-WdC4DaYIeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6c7RLV8ew

A corporation's only goal is to get richer. The Big Six's goal is to now just divvy up the population into their desired consumers and reap the profits. The problem is, there isn't enough people that care anymore to fight. Or rather, the people have been groomed to care more about inconsequential bullshit the media shoves at us while the companies themselves are doing everything possible to line their pockets.

He's the mascot, he get's what he deserves. Don't be mad at others because the company uses him as a face.

Now that makes more sense althout I don't understand how is this short "Frozen trailer". It has nothing to do with the movie.

I personally enjoy the non Disney animated short.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/comcast-talks-acquire-parts-21-century-fox-n821651

Disney's about to get cucked by Comcast, so it kinda lost there. But, it's not really a win to the consumer.

This isn't the future I wanted, it's probably about time to get that cabin in the mountains I've always dreamed about.

But how will you post user?

You dingdong, it's literally right there in the title.

>96842353
I already have HugesNet due to the fact that I live in a rural area, so I already have satellite internet.

Huxley is a hack and Brave New World is nothing more than fear mongering mixed with shock value that even the people of the time could she was utter garbage. If the faggot could actually tell a story he wouldn’t need to rely on High school English classes to shill his book.

What kind of situation is Fox in where it has to sell off some of its assets. This is going to be a complete shit show if Fox tanks.

no

Disney started with old Walt getting screwed out of the rights to Oswald and vowing to never let it happen again.

Which went horribly horribly right.

Not that mouse silly head

>Do you think that there is still time for us to get some of the power back as consumers or have we already passed the point of no return?

Nope.

It's Disney's world now.

You and me? We just live in it.

>when did Disney's policy change from making great cartoons for the sake of making children happy, to becoming filthy rich no matter who they fuck over.

I'd guess around the time Walt died.

He once said "I don't make movies to make money, I make money to make movies."

This article was written when Disney had talks to buy parts of the company, but it's still relevant.
>vanityfair.com/news/2017/11/is-this-the-end-of-the-house-of-murdoch-fox-news
It's that his sons would rather make money by selling parts of the company than running the whole show. The big fucking problem is, if they just keep the broadcast network and sell their production company, then how are they going to keep the network running, reruns and buying other people's content? At this point, you got two kids who are now poised to take over their father's company in full and they would rather sell most of it for short term profit than grow it. Like most kids that get something from their parents, they squander it.

You live here? Can I come with?

You know how in comics and shit, incomprehensible otherworldly beings take forms humans are more comfortable with?

THAT'S WHAT MICKEY IS. THAT'S WHAT ALL MASCOTS ARE.

You know it's a matter of time until Disney buys the entire goddamn world and turns it into a giant theme park.

What a bunch of fucking imbecils . Given a multi billion dollar company and you know what they do they shit their collective pants, cry, shit again then they are going to run it into the fucking ground.

>First Look Trailer
Implies it's the first released trailer that shows actual movie scenes. Not something that only uses 2 background characters in totally not related adventure.

It's not illegal at all to own that data. It's illegal to collect it from people without their knowing like a spy agency, but if you willingly access their websites, they know where you are, how long you watch, and more simply because that's how the Internet works. They have to know where to send the packets via IP, and if you aren't using location concealing means like a proxy or TOR or whatever, then it really isn't that hard to put two and two together. It's the same reason the mailman knows where you live, and can reasonably guess how long you've maintained correspondence with other people.

> most of the public, including most of the posters here, cared more about I.P rights than the further increase of media consolidation.
Are you fucking kidding. We had threads on threads of people acting like this was the end of the world like Disney would now produce 80% of the world's media content. Hell we had that BEFORE there was even any talk of a buyout, like we've had weekly threads about "Disney is the Empire XD" since they bought Star Wars.
It would be one thing if any of you had any idea what you're talking about, but you're just reposting facebook-tier overdramatic statements about the situation.
> We're in the Huxley timeline now.
Go suck a lemon.

Necro bump

I'd be okay with that.