Who former atheist who now believes in God because of this election?

Who former atheist who now believes in God because of this election?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c
christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/a/Prophecies-Jesus.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=UAdf1Lut2T4&index=5&list=WL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPX_Resistance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not going to lie, the shit the other day with Peterson = Kek pushed me over the top on meme magic

With all the satanic shit the Clinton campaign has been involved in, and the meme magic that's happened this year I now believe there something not of this world that has an influence on our lives

Which God?

atheists are retarded by so are non-atheists

>belief in god
>posts whore of babylon and damien

fuck catholics to fucking hell

The Isle of Man is just now discovering the concept of Imagination?

Any God.
Kek, the Christian God, etc.

They're all the same.

Just picked a random picture from my Christianity folder mate.

That pagan satanic whatever stuff got me into a church for the cutesy time in years last Sunday. I can't deny God when Satan stands before me.

>calling the BVM the whore of babylon

I would call you a protestant, but I figure youre some shill to cause inter christian fighting

Fuck 'God.'

Wouldn't a Baby Damien Jesus prefer this hand sign?

>Kek, the Christian God, etc.
>They're all the same.

lol kek is just some demon using polacks and will end up dissapointing them, Christ is the only god worthy of worship

Is that supposed to be that tripfag who worked at the Vatican as The Pope's personal fluffer?

>Christ is the only god worthy of worship
You realize how faggy you sound?

I've gone from Christian, to philosopher, to agnostic, to satanist, to occultist, to atheist, to new-ager, back to Christian.

Not because of this election.
Drugs are bad kiddos.

What

And fuck white people, am I right fellow redditor?

>They're all the same.
Then why are their properties, names, images, descriptions, definitions, methods, and written teachings so completely different?

How exactly do you define same to be that general without causing a paradox where by definition you are the same as me?

>In his books "Engaging the Powers" and "The Powers That Be," Wink argues that Jesus rejected two common ways of responding to injustice: violent resistance and passive acceptance. Instead, Jesus advocated a "third way," an assertive but non-violent form of protest.

>The key to understanding Wink's argument is rigorous attention to the social customs of the Jewish homeland in the first century and what these sayings would have meant in that context.

>To illustrate with the saying about turning the other cheek: it specifies that the person has been struck on the right cheek. How can you be struck on the right cheek? As Wink emphasizes, you have to act this out in order to get the point: you can be struck on the right cheek only by an overhand blow with the left hand, or with a backhand blow from the right hand. (Try it).

>But in that world, people did not use the left hand to strike people. It was reserved for "unseemly" uses. Thus, being struck on the right cheek meant that one had been backhanded with the right hand. Given the social customs of the day, a backhand blow was the way a superior hit an inferior, whereas one fought social equals with fists".

because of this election? lol no

but I was raised an atheist in an atheist household, had atheist friends, was schooled in a secular institution and taught by teachers who gave no evidence of their religion; and some two years ago I converted to the Catholic faith in the course of my reading (I study poetry at a Canadian university)

you're just jealous that our Church has a full and satisfying Mariology which you cannot dream :^)

>former atheist
were you really?

or when you suffered hard times did you say "please, help?"

did you pray to the "universe"? did you recognize that there's a connection between everything?

there is no such thing as an atheist, only a soul who has strayed from the flock.

Here. I'm really questioning which religion to turn to.

I'm going to miss fapping to weird shit and not feeling guilty about it though.

>I don't think I'll ever be able to eat pizza again
>physically cringe whenever anything even remotly related to a younger woman/domination happens in my Doujinshi

You think people looking for the truth are jealous of people who openly worship obvious fan fiction?

>I converted to the Catholic faith

Same what is your old religion?

Some chinky girl who posted with a Vatican City flag who said she worked there.

I'm sure some autist out there has screencaps of it

Ill believe in a cosmic justice if and only if Hillary loses.

You understand that by turning the other cheek in the time period it was written was a fairly big deal with negative connotations.

If a soldier commanded you to walk a mile, walk two. He could only ask you walk a single mile, walking two was grounds to get him in some shit.

People don't understand the context of these quotes, they weren't lie down and take it quotes. They were "alright well fuck you" quotes.

still atheist but apreciating the true value of cristianity for shaping society and family...

kek digits make me doubt everithng for real

Same. The spirit cooking stuff really spooked me. I mean, if these people are worshiping Satan then there must be something there.

Didn't suffer any hard times. Just with all that been going on these past few months something just clicked and restored my faith in God.

>I'm going to miss fapping to weird shit and not feeling guilty about it though.
But the guilt is the best part.

>Then why are their properties, names, images, descriptions, definitions, methods, and written teachings so completely different?
>t. self rightous arrogant ignoramous who has never actually studied any religion ever
>all my atheist friends agree with me so it must be true

Feelsgoodman to know that Christ is the Messiah.

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

youtube.com/watch?v=FuCw8UT5y6c

Ah, to be so young and naive again.

The institutions of "science" are as corruptible as any other institution.

How are you, personally, as an individual, looking for truth? because the vast majority of Atheists just swallow whatever they read wholesale if enough scientists (or supposed scientists) sign off on it.

It would have been more efficient if you just said I don't know instead of taking all that time to quote your own ignorance.

I saw quite a lot of converts in 'pizza' threads over the weekend

yes... worship a dead jew on a stick... turn the other cheek, especially to the helpless immigrants... love thy neighbor, goyim

"Atheist while recognizing that Christianity has provided the only secure foundation for Western civilization" here.

(Yeah, civic republicanism could work, but that shit didn't even outlast Rome. And it was dead within a generation in the early US and revolutionary France.)

Our father who art in heaven
Hallowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our inequities
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not in to temptation
And deliver us from evil
For thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory
Now and forever more
Amen

Yeah, the Jews are trying to destroy Christianity because they secretly support it. You sure got them pegged, bro.

I'm coming around.

I dont know anymore user , its getting al more clear that world leaders are satanist , they know things we dont , They are evil black magic so maybe we should do the opposite with white magic

how would we know who the messiah is?

Oh yes stand for nothing that helps

Nice!

Modern Catholic Mariology wasn't based on what was written, it was channeled by Pope Pius XII in 1950 from his throne of infallibility in addition to other things previous popes have pulled from the aether.

praise Kek

Pretty much
Not Judaism obviously

It's strange. I'm an athiest.

In my formative years, up until my 20's really, I blamed organized religion for a lot of things I shouldn't have. I had relatives who shunned my end of the family on the basis of faith, and it was a tremendously unfair thing to be disliked for.

I saw those who used the name of Christ in vain. They were guilty of every single deadly sin. They were hypocrites. I hated them, and so, I hated what - I thought - taught them to be that way.

I was rational, logical, scientific - and until I learned the real history of the Church's role in preservation of science and understanding, it's role in the basis of Western Civilization really. I blamed them for the 'dark ages'.

I don't have faith. I don't believe in god. I don't think I can, because I've seen some pretty terrible people. I've seen the heart of darkness, I've seen the brutality of nature.

But I've also seen the good in man. I've seen the necessity of traditional power structures. I see what Christianity fought for.

I don't believe in God, but I do believe in the church's law. Is that enough? Hollow faith, feigned devotion, dedication to the effect more than the cause - is it any better than apathy?

If trump wins tomorrow I will be totally convinced
If he doesn't I will not change and be skeptical

The signs of the Messiah are written in the old testament and would fulfill the prophecies written about him. Whether or not you accept Christ as your lord and savior, he checked all the boxes and therefore met the requirement.

christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/a/Prophecies-Jesus.htm

kek is our only god

The problem with this view is that your moral basis is still based on perception and not an appeal to moral law. You don't murder and rape because it feels bad, is bad, and will always be bad. But there's areas on Christian theology, where ideas that may not "seem" so bad are still deemed sinful. Example here
>Matthew 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So when you put up your own moral compass up to the test of Christianity, you will always fall short. Christians don't transgress moral law any more or less than non-believers, they simply acknowledge the implication of disobeying these moral choices to a objective understanding why a higher power would make them so. This is one of the most fundamental understandings in Christianity.

When you do something, you have two choices. You can do the right thing, or the wrong thing, but that third element inside of you telling you should probably do the right thing, is what we refer to as the Spirit.

You will have your moment when you accept the Lord.

why do all these recent converts worship the forms of medieval armor and weapons

what do the instruments of secular warfare have to do with Christianity? most of the early saints were more like crafty fellows who lived in poverty and spent their lives evading greater powers

I might have been able to forgive it if you were celebrating the forms of armor actually used historically, but it's all this video-game-tier bullshit

if you people were posting rosaries or religious art or church interiors, I might take you half seriously. but all this crusader nonsense tells me that what you really want first and foremost is to deport Muslims and reestablish White Tradition

My thoughts exactly. If the corrupt world leaders worship Satan I'll do everything I can to worship God.

>I was rational, logical, scientific - and until I learned the real history of the Church's role in preservation of science and understanding
I didn't know about this so I'll have to look it up. Thanks for letting me know this.

Just to be sure, you can't see any differences, superficial or otherwise even in name, description, and image only between, Yahweh, Allah, Baal, Shangdi, Elohim, Brahman, Kek, Odin, Demiurge, or any of the others?

But how do you come to terms with the existence of evil?

So much of it is choice, granted. Men and women are free to choose good over evil, by design, for whatever reason. A compelling narrative, we'll say.

But earthquakes, tornadoes, malaria, starvation, plethoras of genetic diseases and dead infants who never had the right to choose - all handwaved away with the promise of an afterlife we've not the slightest affirmations of.

And it happens, historically, from day one. It has always happened. Man's very first sin was realizing that there was evil.

How do you ever accept any of that?

Same, before Sup Forums I used to dabble in the occult and satanism, but now that I'm 20 I realize that I want to be on the good side, the side of light and love. I gave up all my narcissism and realized that I want to eventually raise a family and live a wholesome life

Crusader aesthetic is amazing.

My introduction to the merits of traditional morality was, of all things, Dungeons and Dragons. I delved into tropes. I was forced to defend lawful good as a Paladin, and I realized just how right it felt, how simple it made being a good person.

Just do the right thing. Always do the right thing at all times. It's not hard.

The 'Christianity is responsible for the dark ages' meme is the absolute reverse of the truth. I almost feel anger that I was ever taught that lie.

Faith is believing in something no matter the lack of proof.

Yes I know that sound simplistic and contrived but it really is the only way to explain it.

You must have faith in knowing you can not/do not have the capability of understanding eternity and all that entails therefore granting that it's controlled by a higher power. I.e. God the Father who sent his son to be slain.

It's the answer I always hear.

I don't mean to belittle it, but I just don't understand it.

If anything I suppose I'm envious of it.

>mfw satanists ironically make me believe in God again

God doesn't exist.

Sup Forums pushes the christianity meme because it aligns with how we want the masses to behave. The fact they have to believe in a man in the sky to do it is just a necessary condition.

It's a shame, but whatever, I'd rather everyone be Christian and act properly (no degeneracy) than Athiest and ruining this world.

t. Athiest

You ever wonder if Kek is the anti-christ and people be worshiping him in the end-times?

Only Satan hates the mother of god, the Pure vassal, The ark, The new eve, Born without sin for the soul purpose of Bearing the Savior of Man, To bear God himself requires such purity without blemish.

Why hate your mother that loves everyone, and out loves god far beyond any saint will ever. She loved god so much, he gave himself to her as a present.

Check & reeducate yourself before posting.
Ave Maria.

If Trump wins, I will believe in got again. Agnostic.

No. You might need a nap.

user you still there?

user you still there

Yes, I was already in some ways a believer if skeptical. But reading into this Moloch sacrifice crap and Podesta has made me full blown Christian. If Hillary wins memes aside then a true evil force will have won the day. It's become more than shitposting to me now...

Q What is Faith? A. Faith is the supernatural virtue, which God infuses into our souls, and by which , relying on the authority of God Himself, we believe everything which He has revealed and which through His Church He proposes for our belief.

I'm here.

Is this the revival of spirit they talked about in revelations?

Q. What is a supernatural virtue? A. A supernatural virtue is a quality infused by God into the soul by which the latter (soul) acquires inclination, facility, and promptness to know good and do it towards eternal life.

they're not all the same
Deuteronomy 32:17
1 Corinthians 10:20

churches in finland are full of corrupt priests who have admitted to snorting drugs while in work

where can i turn with my faith

Ok so going back toI struggled with this idea as well, but the glorious thing about Jesus is that once you deny everything you know and believe about the world, and put up a willingness to believe in the Son for even a split-second, then then you're saved by Jesus, even if you doubt yourself later on. I was an atheist all my life, and only 4 months ago I was brought to the truth. I have seen miracles in my life that I cannot even fathom. It's not superman magic shit, It's the literal renewing and changing of your mind/life.

You will think thoughts that you've never thought before, you will be brought closer and closer to understanding the nature of God and his will, you will be put in situations you cannot believe, and you will grow stronger in your faith.

One thing I recommend is trying this simple prayer, For now fuck all doctrines and theology, He'll guide you to the correct path as you progress further, Don't take my word for it, take his. Go in a dark room or closet by yourself, and say this out loud.

"God, I don't know if you're real, but if you are, and you really exist, then I'm sorry for my sins. If you really are real and really did come down as a man and died and resurrected for all of humanity's sins, then please reveal yourself to me in a way that i can understand."

That's it. He'll take care of the rest. Answers will come in due time, sooner than you’d think. One thing I will warn you is that your life will go to shit before it starts to get better, and you will ride one hell of a roller-coaster of reality and fear. You will struggle and fail time and time again, but one thing you will notice is a change of heart. A desire to stray away from what you once knew, and move towards something far greater and grander.

I refuse to submit to the institutions of mortal man. That said, I am a believer in the Lord. though not necessarily the words of those who pretend to be his mouthpiece.

Reading enlightenment era literature (especially the works of Thomas Jefferson) getting copies of surviving Gnostic texts and looking over the philosophies of the renaissance alchemists did much in formulating beliefs.

Suffice to say though, it's a complicated subject with no concrete answers.

No, I understand that.

The fallacy of faith doesn't stem from failing to recognize the authority of god, it's from failing to recognize that there is, in fact, a god to begin with.

It's difficult to accept that a god, specifically an all-loving and compassionate god as described in Christian mythos, can exist when so much of the world as I directly know and perceive it is in direct conflict with that supposition.

How can god love everyone when niggers are born as niggers, effectively.

How can god give a shit about a 2-week-old puppy when I see a homeless Asian lady beating the shit out of it.

How does literally everything from the top down of American politics end up being literally child-fuckingly-corrupt when god sent his literal only son to die for our sins?

Is the conclusion I am to draw that he gave us free will but we're just so inherently garbage this is what we've created in the system he made for us? It's the only one that fits the pieces that I have.

At that point I suppose his compassion for humanity really exceeds mine.

This is literally nothing, I used to be a Trumpf supporter, but I cannot stand his bigotry, racism, and conspiracy theories made by him and white supremacists, I'm with her now!

Two things going on here:
>evil is a real thing and people in high places cultivate a relationship with it- one of the things I'd like to see beyond today is getting to the bottom of it in US politics
>God and goodness is also very real and has been purposely sidelined out of American culture by globalist agents in the last 40 years. Get back in touch with it if you want to MAGA to the core and feed your soul. The global Jew wants you to go hungry

Certainly not.

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Trump is no more than a nominal Christian, and that's only to ensure he receives the votes from the poor, credulous, religious working class people he's been manipulating. There's not a humble bone in his body. If anything this election has strengthened by belief that there is no God -- at least not a just one.

I can't help but feel immense pity for all of the people who have found Trump's greasy second-rate salesman tactics convincing. Clearly they have no sense of history. A just God wouldn't allow such a man to make it this far.

Former pagan, read up on Jeaus and the Saints, went back to church and now have a bible on my nightstand. I don't really feel religious or ready to give up my other gods. So far I sort of worship both. I prayed again to God for the first time in years.

It's Spirit Cooking and Molesta that was the last straw. When all the elites go full Satan you wonder what's true then.

And also, something I read on here: the best trick of the devil is making you believe that he doesn't exist.

It's something another user said here that got me thinking, and it's the fact that despite all God hasn't thrown in the towel and keeps hoping. He said to look at the Old Testament, the amount of times the Jews piss off God and yet he keeps tolerating their sorry asses. Truly superhuman.

I used to joke about it but now we truely have the anti christ as the president , and offcourse its a woman breaking a part of the apple curse.

youtube.com/watch?v=UAdf1Lut2T4&index=5&list=WL

there is literally a sticky on first page to avoid logical fallacies and yet posts like this are here everyday. Go back to the desert you superstitious monkey. I dont want your religions here.

Long time Christian lurker of this board. I've had faith that something will creat a paradigm shift in our society. I didn't think it would be the leaks of government higher ups worshiping evil that would do it. Thank you Sup Forums. You all are more important than you'll ever know. You've warmed my heart and given me faith that we WILL overcome evil. But there is much more to come, you know it deep down as well. Fuck I'm excited!

Are u catholic? is so, those were most likely Novus Ordo "Priests", Here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPX_Resistance
The SSPX Resistance, real Catholics.

I hardly care about Trump, sempai, it's Clintons wickedness that I find abhorrent.

Not gonna lie.
Seeing all the shit from the emails horrified me enough and become a Christian.
I've been a atheist for over 30 years.
Nothing would ever change me before then.
I mean I've seen horrible things. Been watching gore for like 10 years and keeping the news real.
The occult side didn't really raise any concern because it seemed like a big mix of bullshit and fiction.
Though now seeing it the way it is.
It is now God's decision to guide my life.

As an actual Christian I find it offensive that Trump calls himself a Christian. He's clearly doing that for votes. Look at his life and behavior. They clearly suggest that he holds deeply anti-Christian values. He brags about ripping people off, he's constantly vulgar, he deceives, he name-calls, he brags, he avoids paying his fair share of taxes. Sad. He's no Christian. Don't be fooled.

What revival ? revelations is history people knew this in the olden days , they could literally prophecy them self with the bible , that was al been covered up by the church and now every idiot beliefs that revelation is only about the end times

If Hillary wears purple tomorrow then the Whore of Babylon prophecy is true

Now you know why demons and evil grey aliens are allowed to exist and operate. To prove those righteous in God have nothing to fear.

Fedoras and gaytheists: Deity doesn't need you to exist, its the other way around. Its through univeral compassion that you are allowed to stumble around in the darkness for the chance for yourselves that you will one day find the light. God bless Donald Trump, the goodness in him makes many impossible good things possible. America will be great again

You're not a Christian. You're a faggot marxist.

Thats the nature of this world, It seems so backwards to accept the existence of evil as part of his plan, but if you give yourself up to a infinite creator, with a understanding that is infinitely more righteous and just than yours, then you'll begin to slowly understand through studying the scriptures, introspection, and interacting with the church (Other Believers), that Evil in this world exists for a reason that may not quite make sense atm.

One thing to be assured, is that, although god knew who would be saved and who wouldn't from the beginning of time, he still lets time play in motion and gives every person with the ability to consent, make the choice, which is exactly what "free will" is. For every person that had the opportunity to fully comprehend the reality of God, and still rejected it, He gives them exactly what they desired, a permanent separation from God.

Every bad thing that happens, is because God let humans do what they tend to do, which is Sinful behavior. This behavior is amplified by the acts of Satan and his devils, which naturally leads to evil in one form or another. Remember that God doesn't "Create" evil so to speak, he allows it, because it stays in line with the nature of free will. A world of perfection from the start would mean that humans would be perfect Good little obedient robots to god without the rationalizing and subjective capability to make the choice.

I've done something along those lines, but I never receive a 'sign' that convinces me. I'm too skeptical of my own confirmation bias. (Hell I might take that this is the umpteenth time I'm trying to post this as evidence that Satan is keeping me from finding Christ on a Korean Cartoon Imageboard)

This election, how people disregard morality in the pursuit of personal gain, and virtue signaling, and outright hate - it's disgusting, and I'm offended by it, and I don't know what to do about it.

It's given me this well of rage that I legitimately don't know how to process.

And that's before we touch on literal-for-real Satanists running for president. I'm having a hard time with that one.

I'm just so damn tired. I went to church as a child, and I went through a typical teenage rebellion phase, but then later, in college, I started exploring it again because I knew something was off. For a little while, I thought I was making progress, but if I'm to be honest with myself completely, I made almost no progress. I eventually waned back, away from the faith, and have held a pretty consistent theistic agnostic viewpoint.

With the whole revelations of Kek, here on Sup Forums and a bunch of other hidden and obscured history, I've come to a point in my life where I believe that God exists, I believe that other gods may likely exist too. I know that our history has been lied about, tampered with, or erased. I believe these things, I know these things, yet I have no faith. And if I'm to be honest with myself now, I feel like I'm aligning myself more along what the Gnostics beleived, in that I want to pursue knowledge wherever it exists. Ancient knowledge in particular.

But I'm so tired. I beleive. I know. I just don't care.

1.God created Adam and Eve, like the angels, in a state of innocence and grace, in which they wre subject neither to suffering nor death.

2. The Dvil, disguised as a serpent, lured them into disobeying God by eating of the forbidden fruit.

3. As punishment for their disobedience they were dtiben out of the Garden of Eden and condemned to eat their bread "in the sweat of their brow." Henceforth they wer to be subject to Ignorance, concupiscence, suffering and death and to be excluded from the joys of heaven.

4. The guild of Adam's sin has been passed on to all his descendants, so that they are corn into the world with it and are subject to the same miseries as he was.

>Don't be fooled.
Get thee behind me, Satan.
Donald Trump DOES pay his fair share of taxes AND tells you its an unfair share. AND promises to fix it. Just one example that this is a rare candidate for the leader of a first world nation. Clinton is nothing but a corrupt political hack of long experience, hopefully coming to her end.