WB Shilling Hard?

RT Score aside, let's look at the User Scores. Not that far apart huh? Oh wait a minute, how does a movie that just came out today have more user scores than a movie that came out three weeks ago.

Astroturf much?

The IDMB score seems to be a similar scenario.

Bear in mind the IDMB score screenshot here was taken before the movie even was out.

>IDMB
Is this like a meme or something?

Nope, just me being partially retarded.

There is no shilling. It’s just fans and casuals saying it wasn’t nearly as bad as critics say. BvS and Suicide Squad had the same issue for a while, where the user ratings where way higher than the critics ratings. This happened for most of the DC films except Wonder Woman were almost everyone liked it.
I also feel some of the criticism for this film are greatly exaggerated. Like, one critic claims Fan4stic is a better movie. Like, what? Did that person SEE Fan4stic or is he/she just wanting to write a very controversial article for the views?

Yet how are there more fans leaving user ratings for a movie that just came out today than one that came out three weeks ago?

Its fan shilling. Maybe some bot nets from fans with sprinkled dc shillings

because DC has more fans that actually like the movies? I loved Phase 1 but I never felt as if the movies satisfied me at the same level that for example MoS or even BvS to some extent did. Can't explain it but I can watch MoS ten times while I can't even bother to rewatch the MCU movies except for Phase 1 (Iron Man 1 is in my top 5 cape movies)

>no such thing as "paid critics"
>hurr durr paid fans
nice one, mousecucks

>because DC has more fans that actually like the movies?
Almost seems like you actually believe it.

This pretty much.
The DC fanboys around here are basically mental cases with Company Wars PTSD.

He doesn't.
Catch him in a different thread and he'll be complaining about how he's "bullied" by all of the MCU fans that overwhelm the board.

By the time this movie blows over,
Critics won't matter (unlike Wonder Woman)
Box Office won't matter (it stopped when Homecoming eclipsed WW, certainly when Ragnarok stays ahead of JL)
Fan rating won't matter the second it slips behind the MCU offerings.
Nothing matters at all except his tiny protests.

>watching MoS more than once

Nigga, what? That movie was a disjointed mess that mistook SYMBOLISM! for depth

>Catch him in a different thread
This isn't reddit.

user, people vote on imdb before the movie comes out. It's probably the least credible movie site to get fan information from

just look at all the threads with people who like the movie. just because you don't have MCU threads with people loving the shit out of them doesn't mean the DC movies don't. you people are so convinced that everyone who likes the movies HAS to be unreal because in your pathetic mind, there's no way that people are able to enjoy something you don't. you are probably also the faggots that visit Avatar threads to tell people how there's nobody in the world who liked that movie, fuck off

what does any of this shit matter? i enjoyed it, if you didn't then fair enough.

looking at threads like these are just like watching two retarded kids fling shit at each other.

I don't have a horse in this race, but please don't copy paste the exact same opinions in every thread for years, it hurts my soul.

no shit. It's always the same type of thing with DC movies. There's always sociopaths who have to try and force their opinions onto others.

You do know that your overuse of words like pathetic identify you in thread after thread after thread right?
If you are going to keep typing these diatribes try to change it up some.

God damn that entire passage is so pathetic it's not even funny.

The worst part is that we've heard this inane ranting for nearly 4 years on this board.

It doesn't change a thing, or budge an opinion, but there he is, day after day after day.

to be fair, this entire thread was made by a guy who thought that some DC cabal bought hundreds of bots to upvote their movie.

what does it matter if you dont like it? what does it matter if others like it? its so fucking stupid, the fact that we have to live in the world with people like these is enough to advocate for selective breeding.

>what does it matter if you dont like it? what does it matter if others like it?
The entire Sup Forums board exists solely to discuss what we like/don't like.
The DCEU fanboys don't accept this, and take their asspain to unbelievable levels. Homecoming takes some deserved criticism, and it doesn't turn into a multi-year shitfestival of tearful protests. I guess Critical reviewers just trigger the fuck out of them, coupled with the lacking box office.

I theorize that it is 3-4 individuals, though it may just be 1 or 2 now. A couple I could recognize clearly by their unique posting styles and language. I used to think they were actual paid shills, but it just became plainly evident that they were most likely people with high functioning autism who had latched onto a binary paradigm (Marvel vs DC) and couldn't let go.

Yeah because RT withholding it's score until after the movie's release wasn't at all dubious. We had to listen to shills cry about Disney and Marvel somehow magically buying reviews for the better part of a decade now, yet when we see clear evidence of some kind of conflict of interest on a site partially owned by Warner Brothers and other dubious metrics emerging from exploitable user interfaces we're just supposed to "let it go". How convenient.

no. it exists to discuss comics and cartoons. you faggots can't keep these discussions contained to Sup Forums.

This isn't some hugbox sub-reddit where you aren't going to have arguments.
Why the fuck are you even on Sup Forums if this level of banter disgusts you?

To be honest I think the problems with JL are more noticeable for certain kind of people. To be honest the movie is a serviceable movie with problems but that ultimately is a "turn off your brain and enjoy for an hour and 50 minutes", you have to be an hypocrite to lash on this movie and then hail Marvel as the pinnacle of entertainment when all their movies are forgettable entertainment.

Then again this movie had some issues that goes beyond being an uninteresting movie, for example of all the main characters 3 were introduced this movie and really badly. The villain as well. It clearly needed at least another 20 minutes to try to solve those issues and then again I doubt there were much they could do to build up some of this characters. Other problems were the tone of the movies that usually shift, though most likely caused by being directed by 2 completely different directors.

So when someone has something bad to say about the DCEU it belongs on Sup Forums?

Have you taken a good, long look at the quality of the other threads on Sup Forums at this moment?
Or are you too busy participating in yet another comic book movie thread to notice?

This isn't a WB thing. It's a fanboy thing. A lot of fanatical enthusiasts will vote a movie 10/10 or 0/10 before it's even out on brand or concept alone and refuse to change their minds.

>To be honest the movie is a serviceable movie with problems but that ultimately is a "turn off your brain and enjoy for an hour and 50 minutes
What is with you faggots and saying "turn off your brain and suddenly this shit movie will be good"?
Is it because you can't formulate an actual argument that's more than just saying "all superhero movies are the same therefore this one isn't as bad"?

Hey, congrats. you're into the third stage of grief where you try and rationalize that it wasn't that great but nothing else is either

most of these other DC fanboys are still on denial and anger

The MCU isn't as forgettable as you'd like everyone to believe, audiences have zero problem following the narratives into the sequels.

>"turn of your brain" and in the same thread you resort to this level of Apologism for yet another badly disjointed DCEU film. What happened to them being too sophisticated for plebs?

The MCU is basic heroic storytelling, occasionally with too much irreverent humor.

the DCEU is sub-par storytelling with too much pretention and self-important faux grandeur. Now with extra added irreverent humor.

fair enough, i can understand that its frustrating to see delusional people blame conspiracy for some obvious shortcomings, its pure denial, its not like its some kind of insane concession to admit that a movie could be better.

same as above, movies are not some kind of perfect creation, pretending that the only criticism is coerced with money is sad and delusional, although i would argue that RT did this for publicity more than anything.

arguements are good, for the most part there is a reasonable cause for them on both side, and banter is supposed to be funny at some level, but alot of the fanatical diehards are just blinded by fanboyism.

The worst part is that Acceptance is simply accepting that the rest of the planet just isn't evolved enough to grasp the sophisticated nuance and metaphor underlying Snyder's incredible work.

>movie not released
>has 6,000 10/10 ratings
Jesus Christ what a garbage fucking website. And people will actually cite the top 250 as if it means something.

>just look at the threads!
>using Sup Forums as evidence
Jesus Christ you've sunk low.

positive praise, negative remarks about dceu, mcu and any other comic to screen related adaptation just belongs on Sup Forums outright. i don't watch any of these movies. i don't care about people's fucking company wars.

i have. these threads bomb Sup Forums out hard. don't know why mods just don't create a general.

It's cute that you're trying to come across as unbiased here, but you're still obviously giving yourself away with the whole, "How is Marvel any better?" and the most obvious giveaway "forgettable".

You really can't hide that resentment can you?

In the end the MCU movies, whatever you think of them, have galvanized the mainstream into loving characters that it maybe only knew existed in passing if even that, it's literally weaving it's own brand into existence in the eyes of people who five to ten years ago thought super hero movies were a gimmick and comic book characters were silly.

The DCEU movies, for all their faults and all the things they can be chastised over, are a failure not so much in their execution as movies, but their failure to endear their brand to the general public. Mainstream classics like Superman and Batman struggle to ape the same box office success as characters in the MCU who the general public didn't even know where super heroes a few years ago. Only Wonder Woman stands as a notable success in DC's efforts and for all the good that may do them it's probably too little too late.

The MCU took a bunch of C-B listers (from the public's perspective) that they still had the rights to and made the public love them. The DCEU took it's biggest most well known names and tried to shove them down the movie-going audience's throats all the while tripping over itself to get it's own "Avengers" out on the big screen.

> I'm not into company wars or super hero movies but let me tell you my opinion on the subject in a thread about super hero movies and company wars.

DC fans just go on there to vote for their movie out of loyalty because they are mad over the critic score.
A question of motivation and turnout.

>The MCU isn't as forgettable as you'd like everyone to believe, audiences have zero problem following the narratives into the sequels.

What's there to follow? We have to figh ANOTHER BAD GUY!!!!

Wow so complex! Mike mine reddit!/marvel!

and that opinion is capeshit movie threads have no place on Sup Forums. i just want storytimes goddammit, not rt scores and box office projections.

Forgettable doesn't mean people don't remember is that they have nothing worth remember them for. The only one that comes close to been an actual good movie is the first Iron Man and even that missed some good moments that could have been explored more and not just hint at.

Are you implying that the DC movies have been any more complex than "we have to fight another bad guy"?

>In the end the MCU movies, whatever you think of them, have galvanized the mainstream into loving characters that

false, people watch the movies but they don't fall in love with the characters, they don't go as them during halloween, they don't buy the toys or video games, specially not the comic books.

The only thing that marvel has going on is the box office numbers because they suck balls at EVERYTHING ELSE

shitty comics
shitty tv shows
shitty defenders, Iron Fist, DD season 2, Jessica Jones
Shitty inhumans, Agents of shield, Agent something, Disney forced ABC or something to not cancel Agents of Shield.
Shitty animated shows.
Shitty animated movies while DC has over 30 amazing ones.
Shitty video games, nobody cares about Marvel Vs Capcom anymore because no X-men while Injustice 2 is selling big numbers.

Yes, even Suicide Squad alone has more plot elements to pay attenttion too compared with turds like Guardians 2 for example.

Literally nothing happens, the characters have no goals, they are just there expouting terrible dialogues.

Literally they have a 5 minutes turd joke...

You seem a touch upset and out of touch with reality friend.

He can try to argue they aren't but that's been happening in the DCEU, and they can't even do that as well as Marvel.

>Being this fucking sad

Having more going on doesn't make it more complex. Suicide Squad is the most jumbled mess of a movie I've seen in years.

Also Guardians 2 is probably the worst example you could've picked, because it's one of the few MCU movies that actually has multiple plots going on.

It's because not everything needs to be an up its own ass kino meme where you dig through a mountain of shit to find one nugget of dime store symbolism to justify your enjoyment and then run it back repeatedly like it's the fucking zapruder film.
Your barely evolved monkey brain releases dopamine when it sees pretty colors. Just be mature enough accept that and move on with your life. Stop NEEDING to obnoxiously prove your commercial is somehow smarter than everyone else's and everyone will be a lot better off.

I'm screencapping this for future lols, you can't honestly be this deluded.

This is advice perhaps better served to yourself friend. Projection at its finest.

>Yes, even Suicide Squad alone has more plot elements to pay attenttion too compared with turds like Guardians 2 for example.
That's a fucking lie and we both know it.

no escape from reality

Mystery Men is kino though, this should be a surprise to no one.

> DC Fans go full damage control with "All Cape movies are terrible, didn't you know?" Again.

Everytime...

>Having more going on doesn't make it more complex.

Yeah but having NOTHING going on is worse

What's Drax doing during all the movie?

Screaming like an idiot.

And since they fucking ruin the entire point of the movie just to make a David Hasselhoff joke, the movie literally has no redeeming qualities, everything is just a set up for a childish joke

Pac-man anyone?

>reddit spacing
>actively lying about the contents of the movie
>using literally for the third time in two posts
Are you doing okay, user?

That vocal minority just makes me sad. Guys, I want you to have good DC movies, but you're actively preventing that from happening.

What if the larger narrative of the movie wasn't solely dependent on Drax?

What is Pac-Man and Hasslehoff aren't the movie's pay off, but jokes in a tongue-in-cheek sci-fi adventure?

Months ago.
Months ago people were saying "Two directors with vastly conflicting techniques and styles getting jammed together isn't going to turn out well".
The response to that was to yell about Marvel shills, Mouseketeers, crow about how big a chad you were, and say it'd be fine.
Then the thing comes out and oh look, the seams between the two directors are obvious as shit even to casual audiences and the movie fits together, if not like oil and water, than maybe like oil and vinegar.
So naturally your response after having a month long warning should be denial instead of acceptance.

The response is always denial. We still have the occasional thread where apologists try and rationalize MoS and BvS as good.

MoS is starting to look like a masterpiece in retrospect.

The thing is if that were true the audience meter would be way lower. For the audiences the movie worked is just that for people that knew there were going to be tonal issues completely found them since the movie is full of them.

Audience meter doesn't mean all that much, especially when there's thousands of ratings before the movie's already out.

To be fair, if the Marvel movies sucked the Marvel fanboys would do the same.

Company wars are a cancer that thinks its better than its own other half.

Compared to the MCU, it is.

The rt for jl is ridiculous. It's better than im2&3 and the first two thors. It's an easy 6/10.

>>reddit spacing
opinion discarted, I wish you were a name fag

What if the movie was BETTER? it would be better, but is not.

The plot goes nowhere for like 2 hours regardless, they arrive to the planet and... that's it, there is goals for anyone to follow.

At least make it so Peter has to choose between his crew or his father ''So are you coming with us, Captain? :( ''

This, I can't think of a single MCU movie that compares to Man of Steel, even Winter Soldier is just a movie about characters running for 2 hours, no stakes, no character development, just your ocasional joke

Well you are right in that regard but then again people will tell you critics reaction is also worth shit if they enjoy the movie. Then again audiences can sometimes love really shitty movies or tolerate them better than more avid viewers like happen with Suicide Squad that was by all accounts a fucking masterpiece in shit filmmaking, specially the editing.

>hasn't actually watched the movie
Thanks for letting us know.

>MUH STAKES
What stakes did MoS have? Papa Kent dying for no reason?

Suicide via tornado!

Man of murder for all its faults it was a movie that was trying to give something to the viewer outside of its retarded action. It failed miserably at it because Snyder can't make a movie to save his life, but at least it tried.

Well, I liked it. I watched it yesterday at the in my country (third showing, not even the premiere at 00:05) and it was packed, I had to book in advance.

You know ignoring its biggest flaws (GCI & underdeveloped side characters) and yes I kbo3 I'm saying ignoring thr bad part, but honestly I liked it.

Like do I understand why some people hate it? Yeah I could probably rant about everything it did wrong and go on and on about effects. However to it's credit I never questioned why someone was doing something I felt it explained that well enough.

There are no A's for effort.

"It tried" doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things

I think both Marvel and DC movies suck. MCU has gone full retarded comedy, and the DCEU is a sad desperate catch-up for Marvel money.

It is when you are trying to be something more than just a shitty blockbuster movie. Then again the movie failed at it which is why it was panned critically. Meanwhile if you play it safe with your story critics wouldn't gangbang on you and will just let you carry on.

What if I can think that both are good?

> how does a movie that just came out today have more user scores than a movie that came out three weeks ago.

More people went to go see it opening day or at least more people bothered to submit a user rating on RT.

When all fail, you at least give extra credit to the ones that try.

The DC movies at least give us Nolan Trilogy and specially TDK.

I'm all for someone trying something, but that doesn't mean they deserve praise for it. If the final product sucks, it sucks.

I'd rather have a competent safe movie than a dumpster fire experiment.

Then you are retarded. Because the DC movies suck ass, sometimes suck major ass sometimes they just suck mediocre ass. And Marvel movies are just stupid flicks to be consumed and move on from the moment you step out of the theater.

>10 years later
Keep hanging on to that movie that no one currently running things at DC had anything to do with.

>OP is hiding his rating of both movies.

But that is my point. TDK prove that you could make something out of comics books that could out grow the genre. In the same sense the first Iron man was a close attempt from Marvel to do the same then it degenerate into what we currently have. Then DC put in charge one of the worse directors in the business in charge of their cinematic universe, the only reason MoS doesn't suck as much balls as BvS and others is because Nolan was actually involved in the movie.

the worst part is despite it inevitably being utter trash its still gonna rake in major cash and prompt another movie.

>Grow the genre
You gotta get over Nolan, man. TDKR sucked - he's not some magic person who is different from all other directors. The only change TDK made on the genre is that DC foolishly thought that was the only way to make a movie.

>TDKR sucked
Not that user but fuck you Rises was awesome.

also not that user but fuck you Rises was fucking terrible and the only worthwhile thing about it are the memes

I mean, it's not Green Lantern bad or Suicide Squad bad, but it's several power gaps below the other two in the trilogy.

>Man of Steel
>good
You're not a real Superman fan, kill yourself

>To be fair, if the Marvel movies sucked the Marvel fanboys would do the same.
Yeah look how many people defended Nuhumans and Iron Fist