How did the quality of her acting drop so much between WW and JL?

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/working-on-justice-league-made-gal-gadot-vomit-repeated-1820520144
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510927404747.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=NfDUkR3DOFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit director?

She could never act. Jenkins just knew how to direct around her. Zack just leaped right into her acting.

editing

io9.gizmodo.com/working-on-justice-league-made-gal-gadot-vomit-repeated-1820520144

is it really the quality of the acting you have a problem with? or is it the intern-level CGI and faggot gay script?

It didn't, it's just not the Wonder Woman movie so people don't feel pressured to praise it for brownie points and judge her acting for what it always was: Shit.

Not saying she's a good actor but come on, she was at least better in Wonder Woman. A lot better than this shit.

Jenkins was initially strongly opposed to Gadot's casting, although she claimed that she loved her by the end of the shooting -but I think it shows that she made the movie gravitate around Chris Pine more. Plus Jenkins is undoubtedly a better director of artists like her filmography shows, while Snyder is overall better at shots and composition

Director.
Getting the correct performances out of the actors is like half of their job.
Zack Snyder is terrible at it

>why you LITTLE-

A good director and support cast can pull a good performance from anyone.

A bad director magnifies an actors flaws.

What acting? Are you trying to tell me this face here conveys any sort of emotion at all?
>oh look a bullet that I'm about to deflect I'm SOOOO immersed into this wow such intense battle

>implying Gal was ever a good actress
>or implying that the WW movie was good

The movie was ok, and Gal's best performance could be described as mediocre. She's got a very stiff, wooden delivery and has difficulty with subtlety.

>huh
>would you look at that

This.

That's ok acting, clearly better then in the league

Nothing was wrong with Gadot, it’s all just trolls upset at a highly praised female lead who is also Jewish.

WW was literally better than any MCU movie this year

Hard disagree
WW was boring, overlong, generic, and I have no desire to see it again
I was not bored at any of this year’s MCU movies

>b-b-but the MCU!

Pathetic how quickly people rush into a company wars argument. WW was a bland movie with a shitty antagonist and just barely enough decent scenes to prevent it from becoming outright bad, regardless of being compared to an MCU movie or not.

>comparing trash to trash

Disagree, MCU bored me as fuck everusingle movie was generic as fuck and the entire plot fell pointless filler.

>people don't feel pressured to praise it

Critics are praising her in JL
I think it will take about 10 non-capeshit films with her being unable to act in for them to start considering the possibility that she's not a great actress

Dude MCU is the most generic and repetitive franchise on cinema history, every protagonist is tony stark quipping for no reason

Bingo. But it's not all that unusual for such a thing to occur.

So a good director would just have ignore her completely?

Talented director vs Hack director too full of himself

Chris pine got more shots at his face than her own movie

>a shitty antagonist
no

you post made me laugh so hard it forced out a fart.

Oh my, do you know what time it is?
It's bullet time

It wasn't good in WW either.
She is okay in the slice of life scenes (pushing cloths in WW for example), but anything involving action falls totally flat. The girl can't emote to save her life.
Gal is just plain a bad cast for the role. Far the worst casting of any of the JL members.

Sure, but have you seen JL?

she was with child at the time, user. That's common. In fact, it's the crux of that story.

>Nothing was wrong with Gadot

The 30 minutes of leaks, not the full movie. The flash kid is fucking annoying from what I saw, and Cyborg is kinda Meh. Gal is still the worst though.
>Kal-LEL Nooooo
Fucking hell. She can't strongly emote. Its not even about her odd ascent.

Black Widow isn't very expressive either, though she at least has an excuse for that. They just pick firts pretty actress that fits the role and tell them to make generic photoshot face and poses all the time. No shit they have no expression if they do that non stop.

It didn't. Her acting was always bad. Yet, for some reason, people lapped up the WW movie even though it was just as bad as the other recent DC movies.

>for some reason
its because it was a capeshit movie with a female lead.
they had to defend it no matter what.

Shes better, but I agree, not great. At least she is much better in action then WW, but thats more the fight choreographer's credit then anything really.

I'd say the only reason that WW is better then the other DC movies is that it actually has 2 or 3 scenes of WW actually being a hero. Like the trench scene or the siege on the village. She saves the day... like a fucking hero in a comic book movie. None of the other movies have this at all.
Its so fucking simple, but the DC movies are largely ineptly written. The heros never get the chance to come off as heros.

This reminds me of Nicholas Meyer purposely doing tons of takes on William Shatner to get him to tone down his hamminess in Star Trek 2 and 6.

Same reason why Mark Wahlberg got an oscar nomination with Scorsese on direction while under Shyamalan he was a Razzie nominee.

So Gadot is basically to Jenkins what Schwarzenegger was to Cameron in Terminator?

>Jenkins was initially strongly opposed to Gadot's casting,
That makes sense.
What DCEUfags refuse to acknowledge is that Gadot wasn't cast to play Wonder Woman, she was cast to be Bruce Wayne's arm candy in BvS, because Snyder isn't an architect and doesn't think ahead past "this next beat will be cool".

But comparing Johansson to Gadot is like comparing a horse to a pony.
She's not an excellent actress in the likes of a Sean Young or Tilda Swinston. But she's got Hail Caesar, Her and Match Point on her radar. Not to mention, she's great at doing emotionless characters like in Under the Skin and Ghost in the Shell (which she was one of the only good performances in that movie other than the guy who played Bato; and that's saying a lot for a flick that had the likes of Beat Takeshi and Juliette Binochet)

does anyone have that webm of Gadot's acting from a movie. It's a scene where she's next to Jon Hamm.

Ka-LEL nnooo

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1510927404747.webm

This isn't rocket science, Chris Pine carried the movie and her acting wasn't as noticeable

Is this like a cutting room thing? There's no way this shit is that terrible in theatres right?

>that "Victor Victor!"
youtube.com/watch?v=NfDUkR3DOFw

Also holy shit this looks so bad

He really is the best Chris. Shame he looks kinda buggy so they can't use him as much.

Picking someone who has one face for a superhero role is a bad decision. I'm not criticizing the actress, just the fact that she got the role in the first place. BW has some reason to keep poker face, though I found it pretty annoying, WW not really. And BW hasn't been the main focus of a movie so far so her blandness was countered by more important characters to make it a bit more bearable.

Yeah but it was worse than the film it was trying to copy, and that was worse than the true best WWII capeflick.

She can't even decide between pronouncing "Diana" or "Day-ana"

Because she was never a good actress to begin with.
Paty had Steve in the other movie so she could keep shifting focus and not get bitten by Gadots bad cringey thing she calls acting.