Did Suicide Squad ruin any chance of a Thunderbolts movie?

Did Suicide Squad ruin any chance of a Thunderbolts movie?

I can't help but feel Zemo is one of like 3 MCU villains that isn't dead for a reason.

I wish the three Thunderboltfags shut the fuck up about this failed group.

>20 years of history
>failed group
lol?

No, the absolute disaster that was Marvel's sudden big push for the Thunderbolts ruined any chance for a Thunderbolts movie.

Seriously. Fuck you, Zub, you hack piece of shit.

I dropped his run on issue 1. Was it that bad?

>Less story than fucking Steel.
>Not failed
LEL

Gunn asked Feige direct if he could make a Thunderbolts movie after he made GOTG 1, and Feige told him he could make whatever the fuck he wants.

As Gunn is currently plotting the post-Infinity War MCU, and what that's going to look like, I think chances are good.

You dropped it on the first issue, what do you think?

Thunderbolts would have the same issue as Suicide Squad, supervillains kinda just show up despite not being a thing prior to the film. SS at least had the benefit of most of its characters being more or less normal people with a gimmick that could be easily explained or hidden in a mundane world, outside Enchantress and El Diablo; most Thunderbolt members work on a completely different powerscale.

You realize that SS was a massive commercial success, right?

I think the idea is that SS locked out Disney from doing films about supervillain teams working for the government, which is all Thunderbolts has been about since Ellis.

Isn't the whole point of the Thunderbolts that they come out of nowhere, pose as superheroes, and are eventually revealed to be villains?

Plus, Zemo and Tinkerer have already been introduced. You could probably also use Abomination and whoever else isn't dead.

But you know critics would go on about how Marvel did it right and BTFO DC or some shit.

comics success =/= film franchise viability

Guardians alone highlights that. Not to mention Iron Man has never been a major comics seller before or after the MCU.

The piece are already there, depending on what Thunderbolts era they want to go with. They could easily have Hawkeye spearheading the team as a pardon for his actions in Civil War. Then we could finally get some real development on him.

I think Thunderbolts would work best as a trilogy starting with Zemo pulling a team of villains together and them inevitably going against him to be an heroes, Hawkeye taking over in the second to help keep the team on the right track, and ending with Winter Soldier taking over in the final movie where the team completely falls apart as it tends to do. Obviously it's not truly Thunderbolts if they aren't constantly fucking each other over. Have Moonstone betray them somewhere along the way, Black Widow coming in to save Songbird's ass from being taken out, Zemo coming back every movie to fuck shit up. Could be fun.

I think a Thunderbolts movie is very likly otherwise they wouldn't have included Ghost in Ant-Man and The Wasp.

That's their job, user.

Zub managed what Fightbolts didn’t, to kill the OG Bolts as a concept.

Thunderbolts don't have to be villains. It can be misunderstood heroes or heroes who are on the cusp.

Zubolts was a mess
The RulkBolts was fun

But Dark Reign were my favorite. If that team (replace Osborn and MacVenom with someone else) was in the MCU or a Marvel TV show it would be dope.

>The RulkBolts was fun
Talk about shit taste.

The original Thunderbolts were not really like the Suicide Squad. That was mainly Cagebolts.

Thunderbolts already in the MCU
>Zemo
>Hawkeye
>Shocker
>a version of Antman
>a version of Black Widow
>Winter Soldier
>General Ross

Characters in the MCU that could be fit into Thunderbolts
>Abomination
>Justin Hammer
>Vulture
>The Tinkerer

You'd have to do some lifting, but it could be done with what we've got already.

Ghost will be the main villain in Ant-MAn and The Wasp, so you can count her in.

This hyperbole is not needed. It was shitty, but they were basically just wallpaper to the Bucky stuff. That's not killing a concept.

Outside of the ever changing creative team what was the problem with the Rulkbolts?

Not edgelord enough?

I'm a T-Boltsfag, but please... no Gunn! he already ruined the Guardians.

>Not edgelord enough

>Team with Punisher, Ghost Rider, Agent Venom, Deadpool and "The Hulk, but with GUNS!!"

I'm not who you were replying to, but good luck with using buzzwords instead of having actual opinions.

Did Red Hulk Thunderbolts ever do something with the fact that Red Hulk's name is Thunderbolt Ross?

Like, did they retcon it so he came up with the team or some stupid shit?

>mfw Marvel books are sold in anthologies here and they used a cover with Songbird to con people into buying Captain Marvel

>antagonist is defeated with a rap battle