Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Marvel. Stupid and disruptive.

there's literally nothing wrong with registration and conscription but they felt the need to demonize it anyway just because MUH STATUS QUO

Locking people up without due process in another dimension because they wouldn't sign up to potentially be drafted to hunt down people and lock them up without due process in another dimension

> Building a robot clone of your dead friend and sicking him on your mutual friends only to end up murdering one of them.

Cap was being dumb, but Tony and the government went full super villain

Both?

Steve ignored the will of an elected congress and president. Tony got in bed with the powers-that-be and crippled the superhero community.

They both were right but Cap was just a tad bit righter. Tony is correct about the notion that we can’t have random people with superpowers running around playing vigilante without some guidelines. We have enough shithead cops as it is, we don’t need to add hormonal teenagers who can lift cars into the mix.

Cap edges him out by recongnizing that if all the heroes are at the beckoning of politicians, how long before the politicians start deciding WHO the bad guys are?

I think the idea was to show that legislation passed in the heat of the moment and without proper checks and balances would ultimately be unjust and disruptive

Or at least, that's what I would believe if I didn't think the event was just some half cocked bullshit cooked up by some Scottish asshole who wanted an excuse for a big, nicely drawn punchup

>there's literally nothing wrong with registration and conscription
You are drunk Tony.

In the context of the Marvel universe there definitely is.

This.

Both parties were fucking retarded, but they needed the readers to sort of side with cap, so they had Tony act like fucking Iron hitler.

I liked how the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying splat yet you decide who was in the wrong. It even had the option to blame Hydra/AIM for the whole mess then reverting to the status quo.

Both. Tony just came out looking worse than Cap, bad enough that Tony Skrull used to be a meme around here.

Those were the days...

Why would you ever trust the government with your secret identity in the marvel universe? Shield turns rouge every 5 minutes. That's not even getting into the Skrulls.
In a world where there's shape shifting evil aliens who can impersonate anyone there's no good argument for trusting the government.
Tony a shit.

To be fair Steve only ignored said Officials when Maria told him he'd be heading up capture squads for his friends, he refused, and then she attempted to arrest him for a law that didn't exist yet.

Tony
Government training? Fuckers have a billion-and-one unique powers, how are you going to standardize a fucking training regiment? Not to mention the whole "criminal infiltration of government networks happening bi-weekly' thing meaning that everyone's family would be exposed in quick order
At best the government should put out a list of do-s and don't-s
Do: Stop villains
Don't: Cause more property damage than the villain
Do Be a good Samaritan
Don't: Be an executioner

Tony, cap, the government, everyone was in the wrong really

The thing you have to remember is this, tony is a inventor, cap is a soldier, neither have any training or experience dealing with political bullshit, so their massive fuckups are unsurprising (not to mention iron mans increasingly poor mental state and caps external motivation made both unreliable leaders, black panther might of been a better with this shit.)

The government, however, completely fucked up, they demanded superheroes fight for them with no carrot to give nor a way to disagree with whom the government targets, this is "shady as fuck" territory here.

so in conclusion, the avengers fucked up beacause one leader had external motivation, another had a mental state going down the drain, and they had no leader trained to deal with this shit.

Marvel thought that Tony was right, though -- they were shocked the readers were siding with Cap.

Spider-Man. Look at that fucking asshole, just laying there.

Also if I read Wikipedia correctly it was just the American government doing this, with no part of the law designed for if a superhero orginazation is international, or what to do if a superhero from a foreign nation is required for a specific task, can't simply throw vodka man from Russia into American gulag for not signing up for a foreign country just beacause he helped stop a vodka based nuclear reactor from blowing up in Texas can you?

Incorrect. Silverclaw was arrested and forcibly registered despite being a foreign national in the US on a student visa. However, she was not made a part of the 50 State Initiative.

Wouldn't it have just been easier to have special rules and regulations in regards to people who want to be superheroes? Like, just make them take a course and get certified. Where did all the "rob them of their secret identities and make them pawns of politicians who are 100% in charge of who they can use their powers against" shit come from?

When in doubt, blame Tony Stark.

Nitro.

>Marvel thought that Tony was right, though -- they were shocked the readers were siding with Cap
Source?

To clarify why I'm asking for a source, that doesn't sound right to me at all, Marvel in general is politically liberal as fuck, I can't imagine they'd side with pro-registration over pro-freedom.

>You can't put someone who can fly under house arrest!

You can though! You literally can!

>Marvel in general is politically liberal as fuck, I can't imagine they'd side with pro-registration over pro-freedom.
Swap "pro-registration" with "gun control" and "pro-freedom" with "gun rights."

Why couldn't they have just put Cap in charge of the government's registration division?

Reminder that there was a girl whose only power was flight. Instead of making her follow FAA regulations they sent War Machine to apprehend her mid-air, shipped her to a bootcamp where she was nearly killed during a live-fire exercise, then after a week or two gave her a gun and told her to fight HYDRA.

I'm just glad she got out of it OK and managed to return to a peaceful life.

Kinda makes me happy Rhodey kicked the bucket

OK, but again, source?

In movies im on Tony side too desu

Whooo! You know he dead!

Neither and both at the same time, that what makes it good.

At least they gave her a gun and only made her fight HYDRA.

Charles Xavier took a boy whose only power was flight and made him fight Magneto and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and the likes of the Juggernaut.

Tony

Because Governments can be compromised

And that's exactly what happened. Doesn't matter who was right or wrong, the fact is Tony's win and the resulting atrocities that happened as a result of it proved the SHRA was a bad idea.