Dormammu, I've come to bargain

Aight man, waddup

What's the time?

It's astounding

If I in Strange's position I probably would've quit after dying 3 times.

Take your shit posts, leave this world, and never come back.

I'll pay you 10 dollars to appear at my cousins wedding so I don't have to.

It’s better than how they dealt without Enchantress, Ares, and Steppenwolf at least

So you are saying Marvel can manage a decent ending for an obscure character, but DC can't for it's flagship films?

I mean, quitting wouldn't do you much good, you'd just be put back in hell shortly after after dormamu assimilated earth

I thought it was better than a lot of MCU final confrontations. Did people criticize this scene? I was under the impression we all quoted it because of it's memorability, not because it sucked.

I thought it was pretty clever.

It's quoted it because it's memeable, same reason Baneposting took off, really.

I'm tired of cities being destroyed like they're nothing so I thought it was great when he used the Eye to undo that. And it led to some unique attacks. Kind of like Braid. Decent movie.

Scamming the big bad guy with poker face and a loop of finite lives? Gutsy, too.

Dormammu, Ive come to bargain

I know.
I also know I'm kind of a pussy.

I thought people reposted it over and over because it's the glaringly obvious joke to make out of the sequence.

It was different and I appreciated that, less formulaic

So how long do you think he was there, from his perspective?

I think I remember seeing somewhere that it was between two and three hundred deaths. But that my have just been some guy talking about it without any basis.

I think the director said he died hundreds of times, so at least a day.

Does anyone's LCBS have Black Friday sales?

Dormammu, I've come to bargain.

I liked how Hela only went down after super Surtur fucking bones her with his sword

I really hope we see her again

She's the god of the after-death. The christians named Hell after her. She'll be back.

Dormammu, I've come to reddit
EPIC MOVIE MARVEL

I seriously hope her being the sister of Thor cucks Angela out of the movies forever.

This isn't Bargain. This is the Dark Dimension.

Target, I've come for bargains.

t-thanks for the necrozema keychains target

I imaginr some of those deaths were slow tortures.

Marvel are masters at changing characters to fit them in.

Doom is more convincing.

Since Doctor Strange enters each loop pretty calmly and doesn't appear to be more traumatized or stressed-out as time passes, I assumed he set things up so that only Dormammu kept memories of each loop. I like to think that Strange's perception of time got overwritten every time a loop started, so by the end of the movie, he only remembers the final successful loop. Wiping his memories after a loop fails would make sure that he can keep doing it for an eternity without suffering any mental damage, and only Dormammu would feel the full despair of the situation.

If Strange remembered each loop yet still kept going again and again, that would show courage, determination and self-sacrifice. If he set up a memory reset for himself after each loop, it would make his actions less impressive, but it would still show intelligence and cunning character. I'd personally prefer if he planned the situation well and used a memory reset in order to keep himself sane while trying to wear Dormammu down.

However, there's this quote from the screenwriter:
>There is a deliberate ambiguity there [about how many times Dr Strange was killed]. It's one of those places where you want not to over explain. But I think he dies dozens of times, if not hundreds of times in there. I think he really gets a taste of eternal sacrifice and sticks to his guns.
That implies he remembers it all, and spent quite a lot of time dying repeatedly.

You're welcome.

And what's worse; he has an eidetic memory.

I think if he remembered at all, it'd be pretty easy for Dormammu to traumatize him into giving up.

Didn't we already have this thread?

When Dormammu points out that Dr. Strange will suffer by dying repeatedly in a time loop, Strange says, “Pain’s an old friend.” Strange also says that he could keep losing for eternity.

I don’t believe that proves that he didn’t set up the time loop so he wouldn’t remember his previous deaths. But even then, he’s still committing to the present-tense mental experience of dying for what feels like the first time, for an indefinite, potentially infinite, number of times.

Which is pretty impressive by itself.

that bloom effect is fucking disgusting

I was so sure he was going to use time reversal to revert Thor's eye and hammer, but then he didn't show up for the big final fight.