Why do so many cartoonists and animators cave in to activists these days?

Why do so many cartoonists and animators cave in to activists these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/the-anime-feminist-wants-to-get-real-about-fan-service-1787758182
youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because many of them share the same odd beliefs

Have you ever actually met an artist before? they're usually emotional children who desperately crave the affection and validation of as many people as they can secure it from. If racism and discrimination were seen as socially acceptable then I guarantee there'd be a number of artists espousing the merits of running down chinese people in your car on the way to the daily neighbourhood lynching.

This user wins all the internets. All of them.

I understand. Note that I said activits, not liberals. If it's not social justice that's the cause, then it's family values. Either way, it's caving to pressure from activists.

>guarantee
Can we stop using this word to set up hypotheticals that validate our prejudices?

Same problem as the game industry. All the companies are concentrated in heavily leftist areas.

>cave in

I see what you did there

The types of people that go into these industries are not usually the Chad Masculine types. There are exceptions of course, I mean, genndy tartakovsky doesn't even have a twitter.

Not so the cartoonist and animators, but more the studio or publisher they are working on. Those groups of people would do anything to appease "complaints" if you tell them that the profit margin might go up to .1%.

I can guarantee you that people won't stop doing that anytime soon

It seems like the whole entertainment industry does this.

I really wish people would stop dragging politics into everything.

lolwut
is this 2006

That would require people were capable of doing subtle, which in turn would require sincerity and seriousness not to be dead at the altar of post-irony.

Because their virtue signaling faggots that feel every aspect of media needs to be a bias political mouth piece. This wasnt bad twenty years ago because people had actually good opinions then, but in the pst few years around the time the democratic left went full retard, theyve been thinking every aspect of media needs to be about politics and have their shit shoved in. And these pussies cry victim when they step out into the real world and fans dont like their bullshit viewpoints and push back. I dont know what happend in colleges around the time of the recession, but for some reason or another radical feminism has become a major factor in them. And with shit like marvel, there realizing people dont like their shit and are not pyng for it anymore, which makes these impotent retards suceptable to being fired which i think will happen in a few years. Even rumors suggest it may be already happening, because its been said that bendis left after being triggerd by being told his shit black characters are scaring away sales. Either way i fucking hate this timeline, and its these retards shit and misandric behavior that is giving kore power to fucking neonazis and Sup Forumstards which, while just as bad, is exactly what they get when there screaming rape 24/7 and invading our media. Thank god animes still safe

>Thank god animes still safe
They're trying to take that too.
kotaku.com/the-anime-feminist-wants-to-get-real-about-fan-service-1787758182

There not going to succeed. Japs dont care for the feminist shit and thered be an uproar bigger then gamergate that actually would get violent

I blane Commiefornia

Racism is socially acceptable

Someone that works in the industry here. Yeah, animation, much like Hollywood, at least, in the US, is not only fairly corrupt, but more importantly, VERY left-leaning. If you stick out, well... as they say, the nail that sticks out is the first to get hit! It also does not help that most people who invest themselves into art nowadays are also left-leaning, so even if you get rid of the big wigs and their beliefs, you still won't want to stick out too much, as you still have to work with a large team at the end of the day, and most of that team will still consist of liberals (no hate, just something I have observed over the years) and as we know, prime time animation requires a fuck ton of team work.

If animation was more viable, or if it could be done faster and with less people, all while still having as quality to it, most of the issues would be fixed, but despite every attempt to make that happen (dumbing down animation and in-betweens, all while making anatomy simpler and noodley, and even cutting down the run time of 24 minute cartoons to 11 minutes episodes), network endorsed animation still requires large groups of artists in order to meet those strict as hell deadlines that we must abide by contractually.

How the fuck would they attack you for not being liberal

Thank you for your insight.

I guess there is no way around unless you have the money and resources, huh? That's depressing. I think so.

To these people, being apathetic or indifferent towards politics and social issues basically makes you a Nazi Right Winger, or at the very least, an enabler of them.

Because they want to work.

>lolwut
i don't know, is it?

because they become self righteous and seem to get the idea that their opinion matters.

> no to censorship! Artists should be able to make what they want!
> unless they disagree with me, then fuck them

Where did you get that from my post? I want everyone to express themselves no matter what they believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

Wow. Thanks for sharing that!

>All those money making businesses are in areas with government investment in arts and culture

You said it, not me.

>When people had good opinions twenty years ago

user, the 90s were ridiculous, and would have been even more ridiculous had the internet existed.

An entire impeachment cased revolved around whether oral counted as sexual intercourse/whether 'sleeping with that women' covers all sexual activities. John Major was Prime Minister, a man who basically told all potential divorcees to 'suck it up'. I haven't even gone into social problems, or why Australian business men and women stepping into the fray to fuck up the world became such a hassle.

Newt Gingrich was an old censor for a reason.

A lot of them don't. They fight, and fight, and fight to release their product. They then get a fanbase, who their entire livelihood and dreams relies on, and who they have to interact with often. They then end up either sympathising with them (going out of their way to change their product even), or hating them at every possible moment.

>chad masculine type
>genndy tartakovsky

Don't get me wrong, he's got great taste, but he's pretty middle of the line in this.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0

Yeah, but back then the people wanting to censor things where the republicans who are the bad guys, not feminist prudes that corrupted the once sexually free and heroic left into a man hating puritain shitfest just as prudish and regressive as the republicans still are
>inb4 get out leftie
Fuck you Sup Forums, just as much as i hate other faggots claiming to be “progressive left”, doesnt mean im going to team up with bible thumping oil starving rich faggots. The reason why i hated shilary was because she was in bed with the banks

>government investment in arts and culture
Have you ever seen Life After Pi? Yeah no, eat massive shit.

>just as bad
Oh boy, you sure do have some sound opinions there. Must be hard being so angry about cherry picked news stories and feeling like they define the entirety of this timeline.

No, the liberal ideal has been tainted by feminazis. And i want all filthy fucking unshaven ham beasts out of the DNC and go back to the scathing hell hole that is their parents basement. If anything the last election shouldve proved to them that people hate that shit, but instead they keep doubling down on it. At this rate the democratic party is going to disintegrate within 5 years. Its a fucking mess

it would also require a mainstream audience capable of picking up on story elements without having to be beaten upside the head with "THIS GUY IS THE BADGUY, HE IS BAD AND SHOULD FEEL BAD AND YOU SHOULD DISLIKE HIM!"

I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing. The feminist aspect of the DNC is more downplayed than you're making it sound.

so they can get a paycheck.

Didn't the new head of the DNC promise that they were going to push harder on political correctness as his political platform?

Source? I mean "social justice" is an ever present platform.

This can be proven by reviewing cinema in the early 20th century. There was A LOT of sympathy for the South in the Civil War. So much so that literally the greatest and most historically important movies ever made are consummately antithetical to today's morality.

The General
Gone With The Wind
And of course Birth of a Nation

Artists want an audience. Artists are products of their time. Ask again in 100 years and they'll probably be making nostalgia pieces for the days when White People were still in power.

(Non-animation) industry user here. Being apathetic is fine. Everybody's tired in the industry.

Left-leaning art attracts more left-leaning artists, true. And much of it is still LA-centric, which has long been a deep blue center.

On the other hand, art itself is a medium that generally attracts those that have a desire for expression (tautologically?). And as you say, film/TV/animation require that plus a large capacity for collaboration; thoughtfulness and empathy are inordinately important for creative success in these fields. Comparing value structures at a foundational level, these traits tend to be far more valued by the left than the right. And I feel that's far more influential than the simple perpetuation of an existing leftist culture, especially because these industries are no longer exclusive to any single physical location anymore.

>implying they wont still be in power

>animation, much like Hollywood, at least, in the US, is not only fairly corrupt, but more importantly, VERY left-leaning.
It's so funny how the Left has gone from a party of the people to a party of the elite.

Sure felt like the opposite of Sup Forums to me?

Because art has always been a progressive leaning counter-culture career.

You're only complaining about it now because today we are going through a strange time where we have 2 different counter-cultures happening simultaneously, one of them being a counter to the actual counter-culture.

>It's so funny how the Left has gone from a party of the people to a party of the elite.

Well, perception-wise anyway. Don't tell me with a straight face that the party shouting in the streets about the new tax bill is the "party of the elite"

>people = white people
>elite = minorities
I'm not an SJW or anything, but.. ?

>There was A LOT of sympathy for the South in the Civil War.

Yeah, and I'm still not sure why.

See, I get that the North burned down entire communities, imprisoned people in harsh conditions, and in general weren't fucking pleased with the southern states as a whole.

Problem is, the North did all this horrible shit to their enemies.

The South on the other hand, treated their own people like shit to get them to fight for them. Vast conscription drafts, poor logistics that would have ended the war early had it not been for clever (if unorthodox) tactics both on the battlefield and procuring supplies (i.e. gunpowder), no mercy executions, poor education on what they were actually fighting for (what with states rights taking a back seat to Jim Crow in priorities in the aftermath), using slave armies to further their cause etc.

Then they get one of the most lenient deals ever bestowed on a side that lost a civil war. Can you imagine Cromwell/Charles Jr tolerating a society of 'the Glorious Dead', which romanticizes the dangers of trench warfare before it became undeniably terrible to the general populace in WW1?

White people wont be turned into second class citizens

Depends. Are you Swedish?

because cartons are comics are made by asocial children who chose to bury themselves on notebooks sketching animes all day and talking with other spergs online all night over growing up
There isnt much difference between any of the and dobson beyond dobson being an unlucky fag who never pissed off or pandered to the right group at the right time

>I really wish people would stop dragging politics into everything.
thats not enough
it's not even politics, its hate, many cartoons and comics openly hate certain groups of people for not subscribing to whatever stupid shit they care about that moment
remember kora? remember korra shitting on the people who had valid reasons to hate korra as a petty childish attempt at making fun of them because they don't get to write a cartoon and i do?
there was nothing political about that just shitty people being shitty
you can act like an ass and go well its for children but i wouldn't want my children watching any of this crap, would you?

>they're usually emotional children who desperately crave the affection and validation of as many people as they can secure it from
Is that what fate has in store for me?

Because the human brain hasn't evolved to deal with the internet yet. When people see ten assholes yelling at them about the latest outrage online they think it's ten thousand barbarians knocking at the gates coming to rape them to death

Nigga the anime industry doesn't give a flying fuck about triggered middle/upper class white women, they only give a shit about the demographic they sell specific anime to and that's home grown Japanese otaku and fujos

>people = people of all colors
>elite = rich white people thinking they're advocating for minorities
Not that the right's better or anything they've got their own pile of hangups

You'd be surprised how far going "fuck niggers" could get you back then

Wot.

Because that generation was just once or twice removed from the one that fought in the war. Japan was pretty pro their involvement in WWII for a while too. Germany's huge runback post-war is an exception, not the rule.

How did you possibly get that from his post?

Because they have opinions.
They always did.

More click

>brainlets need millions of years of evolution in order to comprehend that internet people telling them to kill themselves isn't an actual person trying to kill them

Besides the whackjobs who track people down and try to kill them, of course.

>lying this hard

Why?

Because everyone is fucking sick of right wing bullshit.

The left is naturally really better at infecting institutions. Also social media is a massive amplifier. It can make a career and will own you forever because you have to be afraid of it turning on you.

>The extremists on that side are so annoying
>Lets be extremists on the other side to counter it!

>t. radical centrist

And you're proving mine.

>Non-animation) industry user here. Being apathetic is fine. Everybody's tired in the industry.

In my experience if you try to be centrist or are not as angry as the rest when something riles them up, you are super secretly against them and want all minorities dead. Or whatever other scenario they invent when you are not around. If you want to work in the indusry then you are going to have to walk the walk

What if my serious conviction and belief is that divisive politics gets in the way of brotherhood and friendship between us and our fellow man? I mean, I like to imagine that If I lived in the time of the War of the Roses, or the Roman Civil War, that I'd see that it's not good to be a pawn for powerful people who just like to manipulate common people like us for their own gain.

I hate the right wing but goddman do i want to strangle feminists more

Oh yeah. I fucking love the combination of music and animation, so I'm trying to develop discipline in both. But I know already that getting up to a skill level I consider acceptable is going to take an enormous amount of time and energy, and once I start trying to draw and animate some of the shit in my head (not to mention setting it to music), the only way I could possibly do it is in a digital medium. So that means I'm limited to either a cartoon or a webcomic with a hefty amount of animation mixed in.

THAT'S NOT WHAT CENTRISM IS!

>"muh real centrism nevah bin tried!!!!"

>brotherhood and friendship between us and our fellow man
No such thing exists for long.

If you're the sort of person who goes around throwing shit on Trump supporters, you probably didn't have any friends to begin with.

So this isn't about "centrism" at all, it's about you getting butthurt and projecting random bullshit onto anyone who doesn't suck cock for /yourguy/.

Right wing politics are divisive by necessity. You can be a leftist without subscribing to identitarian nonsense (even if many leftists choose to do so)

Welcome to mankind.

>You can be a leftist without subscribing to identitarian nonsense
Leftism is by necessity anti-establishment, which is why every time the left is in power in a society it begins to eat itself.

the problem is that 'divisive politics' is the nature of the thing, you can't really avoid it.
i mean consider this ad-hoc example: Scotland is an area of the UK. Oil is found mostly off the side of Scotland, in an area of water legally considered 'Scottish' for UK administration purposes, but in international law terms it's all just the UK economic area. Scotland is poorer than the UK average at this time. Should the increased revenue from oil be mostly spent in Scotland, or distributed across the UK?

That's a very divisive political question. You can't just say "oh, let's put it to one side" (even "well let's just leave the oil in the sea and never speak of it again" is a political question to disadvantage everyone "equally.") so you're left with someone on the wrong side of the divide. This issue gets even worse because oil tends to push up the value of your currency, which is bad for manufacturing - unless you consciously do something to avoid it like putting all the money in an oil fund (A political decision to favour the young to the elderly), you'll damage manufacturing. (And that's a valid political decision too, indeed one consequence that was taken.)

There simply isn't an apolitical solution to a problem like that. One group will be advantaged and another not. (I'd say politics is the art of tactfully mediating those conflicts of interest, but the UK didn't do it tactfully at all. So really politics is just what arises alongside such questions.)

>being in favor of the status quo

They think those people are where the money is.

If there's something in the status quo that isn't broke then there's no reason to fix it.

Society is broke on a fundamental level.

It isnt broken, but youre too far up youre redneck regressive ass to see that. Be scared of change like the caveman pussy you are, kill yourself because youre only holding us back

>>>/reddit/

Flawed =/= broken

if there's something in the status quo that isn't broke i'd love to hear it

Looks like you should take your own advice, user

spbp

>2A0B81E7-F619-4FAC-BD28-E9B3D6DF310E.jpg
found the phoneposter

Its doesnt matter you fucking desktop elitist bitch

'CUZ I'M IN TOO DEEP

the US does spend too much on military.

i'm gonna guess someone called OP a retard offsite and this thread is just him venting