Flawless Mary Sue who can literally do anything

>Flawless Mary Sue who can literally do anything

Why do people like this boring character again?

The entertaining character value you power level fag

This technique called "good writing". It's able to turn variant covers of sub par costumes into actual good characters

You're not even trying

How can a character be entertaining if they’re perfect and they can literally perfect their way out of a conflict?

Characterization you dolt. Superman is “perfect”, but he wants to behave like a humble human and has human emotions. Get better bait.

You made this thread yesterday and had no replies
kys

this

Literally worse than Namor

>>Flawless Mary Sue who can literally do anything
Reed Richards, Dr. Doom or Captain America?

>Flawless
Wrong
>can literally do anything
Wrong

There are over one hundred DC characters that can beat him.

This isn't Sup Forums faggot.

That's because he only read the ED entry on Sup Forums and didn't realize it was an easy way to spot the failed trolls

>who can literally do anything
Except save his parents, step-parents, and Abraham Lincoln

t. mary sue

Hi Pat

Superman is a shitty character. He was lazy wish fulfillment. Characters like him are a blight not because of how overpowered they, they're a blight because of the people that need them. In our world we're tired of heroes that don't struggle and Superman is that guy. He doesn't struggle and when he does he pulls through anyways. He's too strong to write a story around. His best stories are someone else's. All Star Superman is a Lex Luthor story. Batman v. Superman is a Batman story. That's DC's pitfall, their heroes are out shown by their villains. Superman being the one that gets it the worst. We look for Darkseid, Lex Luthor, fucking Livewire. He's not worth the time.

Fancy way of showing you're a casual.

>Perfect character tries not to be perfect but ends up perfecting his way out of a problem

Except that’s not true.

Even Doom has his limits.

>We're tired of heroes that don't struggle

Fuck you, I'm tired of morally grey antiheroes who struggle with their personal problems and apathy. Shit or get off the toilet, you whiny 90s-retread faggots.
I'm still pissed off they turned John Carter into one of those mopey self-absorbed "complex character" assholes.

Name one thing Superman can do and a flaw.

Doom has less limits than Superman. Motherfucker became omnipotent 3 times in the last decade.

If Superman is a Mary Sue, so is Doom. No way around it.

Cant*

>Worthless crack-whore who can literally do nothing

Superman can't create scientific McGuffins that allow him to do everything like Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Black Panther, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, Beast, Moon Girl and Amadeus Cho. All those characters should be considered Mary Sues.

>a flaw
He is overprotective to the point of paranoia and doesn't really trust many people in the world outside of his family.

>”Goku can beat Superman because he has *insert technique*”
>Supermanfags: NO! SUPERMAN IS OMNIPOTENT! HE PUNCHED REALITY AND IS FASTER THAN THE FLASH!”

>”Superman is boring because he’s omnipotent.”
>Supermanfags: “NO! SUPERMAN HAS FLAWS! HE CANT DO ANYTHING!”

Explain this.

>Supermanfags: NO! SUPERMAN IS OMNIPOTENT!”
Said no Supermanfag, ever.

Those are Doomfags, user.

Well, it's simple. Look in a mirror, and realize that you're retarded. After that it'll all be clear.

Doesn’t Superman have genius level IQ? Can’t he literally learn how to create MacGuffins?

Ive literally read a panel where he quickly taught himself a skill so he can help someone.

>calls someone casual for not being interested in the most casual character
Aight

Superman is son of Jor-El and has a similar intellect (9th level). He knows enough science to built robots and to understand the mechanism behind some of the weapons he confiscates and maintains in the fortress. That's it.

He CANNOT build reality-warping machines like Marvel geniuses.

>Ive literally read a panel where he quickly taught himself a skill so he can help someone.
Like Barry Allen and Wally West, he can read fast enough and acquire knowledge in a field for a couple of hours.

No, fun ass characters are fun. Superman isn't a fun character. There's a reason why people like One Punch Man. He's got leagues more character while being nearly the same exact character. He's a better written Superman. The biggest issue is that doing that to Superman would be changing him fundamentally. I like a bunch of different kinds of characters. From edgy dungeon crawling goblin murderers to fucking autistic robots that golf. Superman is such a dull one note character in general that anything that he shows up in reduces my confidence in how much I'll enjoy it.

>"I'm a weeaboo"
You should have said that from the beginning.

(You).

These days you're more casual if you think Superman is lame.

I don't have the time or money to bother with most comics

Just go back to Sup Forums so you can jack off your generic hero-flavored shonen some more.

Casuals also think furries are fuckin' weirdos, doesn't mean they're wrong

But have time to read web-weeaboo shit.

(you)

It's a lot easier and more accessible.

>Superman isn't a fun character
Says you.

You're right, it's much easier to read web-weeaboo shit than "For The Man Who Has Everything".

Old comics were shit

All-Star Superman. Read it.

Kawai desu. Moe itadakimasu-kun!

Why are you people replying to this

Spoken like a true casual.

Why not

It's fun to laugh at the mentally handicapped, like OP.

I agree with OP desu, also hate batman for the same reason

Who do you like, op?

Why do you even care about John Carter in the first place? Burroughs is a hack even by genre fiction standards.

I like the Thunderbolts, Daredevil and Punisher, Shazam also Reed Richards not the rest of the FF

Because the stories are wonderful and entertaining and are deeply embedded in the roots of modern popular culture, which makes them a fascinating read for someone who's interested in how ideas are shaped over time?

John Carter deserved way better than that shitty movie. Burroughs was not a great writer, it's true, but unlike the highly credentialed people that worked on that turd of a film, old ERB really understood drama, and could wield it like a master.

>admitting to being this casual

People that treat charisma as their dump stat can never understand Superman

>Pym
The guy who has always been a fuck up is a mary sue? lul

>Likes Reed Richards, AKA a character that can do everything because "muh inteligence"
>"Superman is a Mary SUe!1!"
Okay.

He says this, while being on Sup Forums

Because he isn't, and for decades hasn't been written as a boring mary sue. However normies, reddit, and critics remember his boring mary sue depiction from the Superfriends cartoon 40 years ago and chimp out over anything else

Wait, isn't he very well known for people Not liking him for all of these reasons?

Among casuals, yes.

People who actually read comics know better.

>multiple pictures from animated films where he didnt kill anybody
>multiple injustice pictures where the entire plot is "this is an elseworlds story where superman murdered somebody"
>Multiple DCAU pictures where he didnt kill anybody except the elseworlds supes

He actually killed somebody in maybe fucking 5 of these

I love Namor. Dude lives underwater on the ocean floor and still finds time to put a framed picture of Sue Storm on his sea lair's office desk.

>I love Namor.
Do you like good stories?

>All Star Superman is a Lex Luthor story
That's dumb, you're dumb.

You're engaging in a discussion with someone who thinks that One Punch Man is high-literature.

Whats with the increase in shitposting lately?

I've only read about him in Kirby's fantastic four, so the canon that I'm aware of doesn't include many terrible stories that surely followed Kirby's take on him.

Wish fulfillment.

Has there ever been an evil German Superman named Ubermensch? Seems like there would have been at some point but... I wouldn't know.

user he has a demon stocking him

Half his villains are stronger than him, he's not very OP at all.

>Kryptonite
>The people he protects kind of hate him
>He can do whatever, but should he?
>Who's to say what is just?
>Just because he has power, is it his responsibility to fix other people's problems?

Lol bitch I don't even browse this board and I know how interesting Superman is

>The people he protects kind of hate him
Other this point, you're right.

>Mary Sue

How to spot a retard complaint in two small words.

alt-right hero and the DC schadenfreude attracts a lot of this, I've noticed.

Overman from Earth-10

>alt-right hero

¿Que?

Oh, I think it's alt-hero, maybe. Some crowd-funded scam that's attracting Sup Forums types. Things have become especially toxic here since the threads posted about it maybe a month or more ago.

>One Punch Man
>good character

His name is Saitama retard

opm is a fun or 'good' character in that he is basically just golden age superman in godzillatown. but it's bullshit saying opm has more characterization than clark. the whole point is that opm isn't meant to be the focus after the introduction, just the punchline.
you have serious (& gag characters) all playing it straight & gritty, opm is only interesting because he is their foil.

clark will always have interesting stories, but casuals don't care or only know about flesh mustache man

Honestly the punchline want even that funny to begin with. Casuals eat it up though.

A Bad Superman story is a story when the readers know from the very beginning that
Supes is going to win.

A good Superman story subverts those expectations

How is Final Crisis?

>I don't read comics
Gee, what a surprise, Sup Forums...

Superman sucks

A good superman story can be so much more than just that.

Look up Earth X, there is an entire universe where nazis won with a nazi Justice League and the literal embodiment of America leading a team of freedom fighters, its Wolfenstein 2 done right.

AI Brainiac > Alien scientist Brainiac

>a story when the readers know from the very beginning that Supes is going to win.
There are many stories like this, you know status quo will hit and things will remain the same but it is not what makes you feel invested, it is how the characters will pass through that obstacle.

I fucking loathe every time Superman is having trouble with something and then immediately stomps the problem's shit. It's complete bullshit much like his character. Don't even get me started on that weak ass excuse for a weakness, kryptonite.

>fags can't handle how awesome Superman is

Somebody post that story where Superman stops on his way somewhere and just talks to some guy on a roof one night. That one's awesome.

Pleb

same way saitama can.

>>Flawless Mary Sue who can literally do anything
Except rape the Joker