Franked recommendations

What are some good Frank books outside of anything by Ennis (I already have those).

Dunno. Let us know when you find out.

Remender's run, don't let FrankenCastle throw you off cause its a good run through and through.

Greg Rucka run is divisive, but I found more to enjoy about it than less. Great art, Big Boss Frank, the Omega Drive, plus a lot of respect to the character himself.

Edmondson's run was interesting, it had a heavy focus on the military aspect and could have gone places but Mavel event raped it it death.

Basically most of his recent runs have merits aside from the dogshit Cloonan run. Also, BOLO for classic 90s Punisher storytimes, the storytimer is awesome and consistent.

The Cloonan run is nowhere nearly as terrible as people on Sup Forums make it out to be.

I liked the covers, but the book went nowhere and was derivative. Dillon would have been the ONLY reason to pick it up and we know how that went.

It has almost no redeeming qualities, and the bulk of the story is padded out. The last three issues were okay.

It was serviceable, if it had Cloonan on the art as well as writing it would have been just fine. Gotham Academy was the same.

Thanks.

No slack to Cloonan herself, for instance I thought her Conan was pretty killer. She just wasnt the right choice for Punisher imho.

I disagree,I don't think better art could've saved such abysmal storytelling. There were okay moments I guess, the middle east flashback was one of the worst parts.

I like the Dixon/JRJR stuff. There's a guy storytiming a lot of non-Ennis Punisher ever week (I think one of his threads are even up now) that you should check out.

Any idea if this is collected anywhere? I see War Journal on Amazon but not Warzone.

Couldn't find it physically but it's on comixology. I'd link it but the site thinks it's spam. Just search "Dixon War Zone."

Only the first arc and some other random stories (like River of Blood) from War Zone got collected, Im pretty sure theyre long out of print though.

Thanks. I'll just go to that place that I read things on. I prefer having the book but I guess not being in print saves me money. Thankfully Max is finally getting a reprinted omnibus.

As says, the Rucka run has gorgeous art (Checchetto is my fave, but Di Giamenico is also really strong), and the plotting is really good. It's very, very Rucka, but he doesn't crap on patriotism or soldiers (though to be fair, he usually doesn't).

Don't you mean "Franks"?

I stand Franked.

bump

Dixon run
most of the Baron run, especially early on
Archie Meets The Punisher

it's the worst punisher run ever

Anyone here remember The Punisher: Purgatory?