Zatanna

>what do you care about some leggy dame in nylons
>or have I answered my own question?
Why is Zatanna so great yet so underrated?

It feels like she's one good pop culture moment away from breaking out into normalfag awareness. I think she's got Harley Quinn potential, it's just that nobody's tapped it yet.

Oh shut up, Paul Dini (You are right though).

She needs a tv series that's all.

Harley Quinn is only as big as she is right now because she resonates perfectly with the trashy tumblr thot "spank me daddy" crowd, and the remnants of the pop punk crowd.

Zatanna is just a sexy magician girl.

wrong

see
She needs to become super trashy, quirky and compatible with the latest soundcloud hiphop trends first.

Yeah but that wasn't even Harley's original character. If they wanted to make Zatanna popular with certain crowds, I think they could. I wouldn't necessarily want them to, but they could.

>giant bimbo tits
shit like this is why there's so little good Zatanna art

And as I said, it would take a trashy redesign for that to occur

Do tits trigger you?

There we go.

don't bimboify Zatanna

Because magicians are pure shit.

I'd like to put my white rabbit into her magic hat if you know what I mean.

But she does have big boobs, its not bimbofying her, its accurate.

She essentially going to co-lead her own magic based comic book. Plus she features in DC Super Hero Girls comics, which is making a huge inroad into young girls. The new comic should help and if WB ever gets their thumbs out of their asses and green lies a proper Dark Universe film, she should also co-lead that.

How much more do you want their to be of a Zatanna push?

I would love to make her strip naked.

Zatanna canonically has a big rack though

She probably doesn't wear panties with her costume.

citation needed.

Overpowered Constantine Fuck toy.
Robin tier irrelevant.
Nice legs thou.

Did you manage to miss her solo series?

I would love to help her relax with sex.

you would not survive it
and if you dissapoint her in bed, you can kiss your dick goodbye

I think she has a very deep fundamental problem in that her powers are hard to comprehend on screen. You can see the effects, but thinking through what she just said backwards is pretty much exclusive to a written medium

She needs an iconic comic book run and a tv show or movie.

I kind of want someone other then Dini to write some stories with her.
I feel like he never really does as much as he could with the magic angle. Zatanna stories shouldn't always be very straightforward fight the bad guy stories. Her magic can work in different ways.

Dini isn't really a good Zatanna writer. His work with her is actually generally REALLY boring. I feel like a Zatanna book should be batshit insane.

No, Dini can write her but like all capeshit he has to let her be written by people with other ideas. Dini makes her a great and fun person but in Hellblazers she can swear and be mean. Zee can have different interpretations just like all other cd and marvel characters. Her popularity is growing as she becomes both more kid friendly like JLA and Adult like Bendis' book

Overpowered and overrated. She was only good in B:TAS when she had no powers and was just a simple stage magician.

I just wanted to get you to post pics of her with giant cans.
Please post more.

her costume is panties though

>he didn't like JLU Zatanna
It was by far one of the better episodes in no small part due to Zatanna

I love Zatanna but am afraid she will forever be associated with part of the extended Bat-cast, nevermind the Constantine stink on her.

Her backwards-talking spells simply do not play anywhere other than word-ballooned comics. That shtick has got to go and just let her be a spellcaster in cartoons and movies.

She is a legacy of a character as old as superman.

Zatanna was probably the most over-represented cosplay at SD Comic Con 2017 this year. It really was a little too much and nauseating.

Yep. That's the big advantage she has in novels and comics.

>Her backwards-talking spells simply do not play anywhere other than word-ballooned comics
What about novels?
Honestly maybe she can discard the backwards talk outside of comics though.
But if they ever remove it from comics that are not direct tie ins to other media I will screach.

a cw show of zatanna would suck, but I'm really curious about how much they would fuck up in a fun cringe way or a rage inducing way

She'd be in high school, never wear her outfit, and I dunno, probably be blonde.

CW has apparently ordered a pilot for a Doctor 13 series, and I wouldn't be surprised if Zatanna appeared in it as a mentor for Traci

I'm still kind of sour that they wasted her on that one episode.

>"Hey, we have this magical chick who can do almost anything aside from full on reality-warping so long as she says it backwards."
>"Alright, let's waste her on this shitty episode romantic comedy episode where Wonder Woman gets turned into a pig."

Seriously, come on.

She was everywhere at MegaCon 2013 iirc. I wish I could get a qt Zatanna-cosplaying gf.

I always imagined that she'd just say her magical words (that would be backwards) and if the audience had a good ear or were clever enough, they could tell that she'd just be speaking backwards. Or there could be closed captioning/subtitle bonus where you could see that she were speaking backwards.

I'm worried that if/when Zee gets a movie appearance, they'll butcher her costume because some idiot will call it "problematic". It's not sexist, it's fucking classy. Zatanna without the magician getup just isn't Zatanna. Even worse is if they decide to give her that terrible Nu52 goth attire

>low-cut
that's the first step of butchering an outfit

I wouldn't say they wasted her on that episode, as she featured well in it. What they really wasted was only using her on that episode. Especially as one of the founding members of the original JLA

If it's about being "problematic" then they might give her pants. But given that WW, Harley, and Mera all have similar aesthetic to comics I don't think they'd fuck with the iconic look too much on that basis. They could still fuck it up like with Enchantress, but it would be that kind of artsy shit not because they're worried that she'd be too sexy.

But even Smallville got it right, it's mostly normal clothes. Not hard to adapt.

>low-cut
>got it right

>trashy tumblr thot "spank me daddy" crowd, and the remnants of the pop punk crowd
Well thank them for existing then.

thank them for butchering Harley?

That's Timm for you

>Especially as one of the founding members of the original JLA

Ah, no.

I wouldn't mind it (sans blonde part) if it would be Gotham High style show with all the other cast.

>Gotham High
Why does that sound familiar
>mfw I googled it

She's getting that mini soon where she's going to be young. Wouldn't mind an adaption like that if they needed it to be a school setting.

Almost as good as this, but much easier to fap to.
God, why did Mystic U never happen?

Mystik U is literally happening this month. It's about her as a student instead though.

It's not impossible to do it visually in other mediums, in the shitty mobile game she has some phrases show up on screen when she does her actions as part of the spell animation.

But even without that people accepted Harry Potter kids shouting nonsense. It's harder to recognize when you only have the audio, but it's still a fine gimmick to me. No point in trashing it.

I'd settle for this with a top hat. As long as its stage magician, I'm good

Not nearly sexy enough. This is the kind of thing Ezra Miller would wear.

the part they have a problem with isn't the magician getup, it's the fishnet stockings
can you staight-facedly tell me those aren't sexual?

They could just be regular stockings

She's gone with leather pants and fishnet gloves. But I prefer the leggings. Very sexy.

I still like her Pre-Crisis outfit, myself. Strikes a good balance between sexy and cute.

It's still wierd to think zatara debued in the same issue as supes.

Wait is that why they dressed enchantress like that? They thought it was artsy?

>people accepted Harry Potter kids shouting nonsense
You raise a valid point.
I guess it comes down to will knowing there is something understandable in there that they can't work out bother people?

Doubtful, if anything the real reason is that most of Enchantress' outfits have been lackluster or self-aware on the part of the designer.

Yeah, all of the most successful characters have clearly defined powers. Zatanna's magic doesn't even have a sense of scale, sometimes it's trivial and sometimes it's completely broken.

Harley is for Stacy and Stacy-wannabes
Zatanna could be for thots and 30 something cunts that think they are classy and "too good for this shit" (i.e. stuck in a shit job or with some shit bf) .
She could be the everywoman element of DCU, has freaking magic powers but still gets nerves over dates "ohh so relatable and real" the bitches would say.

fuck it, just make her the Gothy girl into magic that goes to the same school as Sabrina

shit you could even risk her being a season antagonist who Sabrina redeems

>joke characters that's only a walking pair of tits
how many of these characters does DC have?

They're only as sexual as the cuture around them thinks they are. What you perceive as sexual is conditioned into you.Same reason why someone 150 years ago may find calves sexual when it's a none thing today. If people were realy concerned, as anglo puritans generally are, dark pantyhose do the job just as well, IMO

She's really popular as a supporting character, but she doesn't have strong anchor like Harley does with Joker. It's hard to introduce her as someone's support and it'd be even harder to give her a solo for no reason. She's definitely popular with the comic book reading fraternity, though.

not enough

weak bait
kys marveldrone

The way her hair was and the triangle behind her,
It almost looked like Supergirl had triple pigtails.

>Marvelfag
>Complaing about joke characters
Dude your entire lineup is a joke.

Calm down autismo, it's a necessary compromise if you want to see Zatanna outside of comics. If her outfit is low-cut AND she's wearing fishnets, she will be too sexy for the public and they will reject her. We need to be willing to make this small sacrifice.

TRIPS OF TRUTH

What's the best Zatanna recc?

God I hope not.
There are characters in Marvel and DC that have potential but the gamble of turning them into shit or being burdened with a bunch of socio-political shit is too high. Zatanna on tv as a supporting role would "probably" be okay but in the movies holy fuck I can see the crabs in a bucket tearing into the character because of her attire alone.