Man IronFist was the most boring show ever

>man IronFist was the most boring show ever
>Hold my beer.

>A show about the Punisher
>Starts with Frank quitting being The Punisher, spends the entire show being an angsty fuckwit
>Frank doesn't even get any guns beyond a pea-shooter until episode 4
>Four different sub-plots, all of them dull as fuck
>More time is dedicated to Frank cucking his tech wiz partner in Edgy Full House: Housewives getting PUNISHED than killing criminals

This is a Punisher show that's embarrassed it has to be a Punisher show, it's just sad.

>>Frank doesn't even get any guns beyond a pea-shooter until episode 4

And to think I was about to watch this in a few hours. Thanks for saving me hours of my life, user.

>This is a Punisher show that's embarrassed it has to be a Punisher show, it's just sad
Every single marvel movie is embarrassed by its source material. They wish they could be making another movie.

>tfw i wanted to Frank unleash the Frank in Frank city
>tfw i get "mu-muh military"

i just finish it and it was horrendous, you can just skip to the E10 and wouldn't miss a thing.

>when Ike is too greedy to bribe critics like Feige does

>Netflix Marvel series is 1 for 7
Seriously how do you consistently fuck up this bad?

I wouldn't even say that. Most of them at least are willing to acknowledge their source material. This season of The Punisher would be like if they made Daredevil a courtroom drama with slice of life moments, with maybe one or two scenes every 3 episodes of Matt actually being Daredevil.

I saw the first four eps and besides making jokes with my friend about how it looks like he was going to cuck that one guy it was so fucking boring I stopped paying attention and it seemed like nothing was changing. there was some cool action in the first (maybe 2nd?) ep and it seemed like it was building towards something but i guess not. so im wondering if is really just a bad writing thing

Do you have the attention span of a small fucking child?

Wait a second, we all agreed that a shulkie vs. daredevil slice of life legal drama would be a good thing.

>uses an impractical weapon from a video game

was it autism?

Frank has always been an angsty fuckwit especially when its the immediate aftermath of his families death.

Also embarrassed that its a Punisher show? He's constantly called the Punisher kills people in the most ridiculous ways imaginable and mows down a shitload of people.

>Sup Forums has already entered the "Its popular so it sucks" stage.

Ike pls

Its more like
>Its shit so it sucks

Retard you actually said the Punisher was more boring than the travesty that was Iron Fist.

I haven't watched it yet, is the character drama compelling?

I think Punisher single handedly killed my interest in any Netflix show from here on out.

I have absolutely no faith in the Dredd series.

Punisher was the best thing in DD s2 and this is what he gets as a series. Its obvious the 13 episode season does not work for any of the Marvel shows, except the first DD which even then that had 1 or 2 mediocre episodes.

Its actually not popular, it is getting ~50 ratings

Well, it is.

>Netflix Dredd

AoS ended better than the entire of the netflix series
Biggest plotwist?

>I think Punisher single handedly killed my interest in any Netflix show from here on out.
I don't know if it really translates over to other Netflix exclusives, just Marvel. I've really been enjoying Stranger Things, but then, that's 9 episodes long.

>every single marvel movie is embarassed by its source material
>In Thor Ragnarok, Ragnarok actually just happens
ok

>He's constantly called the Punisher
No, he isn't.

>kills people in the most ridiculous ways imaginable

Just straight-up bullshitting, unless you consider "Shooting people" unimaginable.

>and mows down a shitload of people.

He killed more people as a fucking secondary character in Daredevil than he does in this entire show.

What were they thinking?

Oh dont get me wrong, I think all the Marvel shows have varying degrees of problems, some more than others.

But Punisher was their real chance to show that they learned from all those mistakes because they had a pre established character from DD that had 6 episodes dedicated to him and he was actually well done

It would be like if Bales Batman was added into the DCU and fucked up more so

Also, Bernthal looks too Jewish.

Does Thor die? No he doesn't.

I don't know why Marvel gets a ton of shit for "not adapting source material" when DC and Fox are off by fucking miles.

He's constantly referred to as Frank Castle the Punisher.

Are you made that the people who know him on a personal level don't call him that?

Also did you miss the various scenes where he beats people to death with his barehands?

One of these is not like the other
Goyim

He doesn't die in the Ultimate Universe version of Ragnarok either, whats your point?

That every single Marvel movie is embarassed by its source material.

>Pullo
>Blackbeard
>Best Punisher
>6'4"
How can one man be so fucking based?

>it's called Ragnarok
>Ragnarok happens
>y-yeah but Thor doesn't die
>he doesn't die in the comics either

>he doesn't die in the comics either
Thank you for telling us what a casual you are.

By critics who keep finding a right wing agenda in it.

Its been getting 80 plus reviews from users.

>He's constantly referred to as Frank Castle the Punisher.
No, he isn't, you fucking moron. Barely anybody calls him that.

>Are you made that the people who know him on a personal level don't call him that?

No, I'm not. You're the one who tried to bring this up as an argument you fucking mongoloid.

>Also did you miss the various scenes where he beats people to death with his barehands?

Oh wow, because if there's one thing The Punisher is known for, it's the fact that he kills people by beating them to death. Thanks for proving my point, moron.

>MCucks are this fucking deluded
Batman vs Superman is closer to Batman Returns than any Marvel movie is to ANY comic in the marvel universe. Snyder understands that superheroes are supposed to be superheroes and not just failed comedians

I've noticed that most on Sup Forums usually favor the first installment of cape media, whether it be because of slight nostalgia, or simply the mentally of "original=best".
I liked Occasional Punisher. It had some flaws that were noticeable, but nothing to cry about, and certainly nothing to condemn the entire season over.

>Its been getting 80 plus reviews from users.
So didnt MoS BvS and JL

>users' opinions are more important when critics don't like it

see

Oh so he died in the Ultimate Universe version of Ragnarok? Huh...

>The MCU is based on 616
so why is Nick Fury black?

It's not popular.

>Barely anyone calls him that.
Everyone outside his immediate circle of people who know him personally refer to him as such.

The reason its being brought up as an argument is that is how it works in the comic as well.

Only the people he doesn't know call him the Punisher. Fuck Cuda called him Castle after a couple of fucking fist fights.

>Ultimate
Total casual.
>why is Nick Fury black?
Tokenism.

Considering the massive gulf between critical opinion and viewer? It kind of does.

The difference being the TV show is almost nothing like the comic, and you're alternating between "It's totally a Punisher show because everyone calls him The Punisher, like in the comics" and "It's totally a Punisher show because nobody in the primary cast calls him The Punisher, just like in the comics"

Newsflash, if Marvel made a Netflix show tomorrow centered around a nebbish old hispanic man
called Peter Parker and his attempts to become a professional hockey player, that doesn't mean it's a fucking Spider-Man show.

Sure it does, my butthurt shill.

>Considering the massive gulf between critical opinion and viewer? It kind of does.
Look at this fanboy logic

>when he just gives up
So explain in specifics (and anything other than a specific explanation is a clear sign of diversion) how either of us are casuals when it's been stated that Ragnarok in a universe, as shown by a black Nick Fury, doesn't inherently lead to Thor's death

Literally anything other than a specific explanation is admitting defeat

>The difference being that the TV show is nothing like the comic
Seriously?

In the first fucking episode he brains a guy with a Barrett. fucking try it.

>Ragnarok in a universe, as shown by a black Nick Fury, doesn't inherently lead to Thor's death
So Ragnarok isn't even Ragnarok. Man, why do some people defend such shit movies?

>The difference being the TV show is almost nothing like the comic
I can think of several arcs that are tonally similar to the show. Frank is as big an asshole to everyone except women and children as he is in the comic.

Even the annoying female law enforcement agent is a fucking staple of the comic by now. And a military conspiracy and the whacky military veteran that Frank has a connection to.

The biggest change is Frank's orgin but even then it was still sort of random because Frank wasn't actually the guy who did the thing that set off the murders.

>So Ragnarok isn't even Ragnarok
Ragnarok, as shown in the comics, does not always lead to Thor's death. Ragnarok literally only means the destruction of Asgard, casual

>Oh wow, because if there's one thing The Punisher is known for, it's the fact that he kills people by beating them to death
He does.

Some of the most memorable panels and Punisher pages have been him not shooting people but killing them in various ways with his bare hands.

Wikipedia, but
>In Norse mythology, Ragnarök is a series of future events, including a great battle, foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Týr, Freyr, Heimdallr, and Loki)
But this is the MCU, so no one dies and everyone quips.

>marvelbab saying shit like this
that's like saying one of Batman's most memorable ways of beating a villain was just fucking shooting them you fucking casual

it's 100x better than ironfist
the fighting is better, even the lamest character is more entertaining than iron fist and better actors.
the plot makes sense and it's suspenseful

the complaints i keep reading are
>not nuff nigger killin
>i'm bored i don't like watching people talk, i want bang bang
>i want more gore!

even though peoples faces get pounded to shit several times and castle is constantly bleeding to death in a graphic manner
>why can't he fight mobsters, that's original!

the season is entirely him finally finishing his families murder, it's bringing closure to that part of the story and somehow people still keep asking where's poochie?
yes he's going to get to street criminals probably next season, thing is this season has an actual story to tell.

>Shoving a kungfu master in front of a train, impaling a crazy Italian on a fucking iron fence, smashing a mongolian into walls and desks by the leg, tearing into Baracuda with an axe and his hands, the numerous times Dixon had him shirtless and getting into fights to the death, Frank versus Falcon Cap
Do you want more?

It's sad that highest bar yet is S1 Daredevil. It's a high bar, but not unreachable, wtf.

Can someone shoop OP's pic into PHONEPOSTER?

I don't know what you two are even fucking talking about, you both are implying that Thor dies in 616 ragnarok.

THAT DOESNT EVEN HAPPEN. He goes into Thorsleep.

>this season has an actual story to tell.
Yeah, a mediocre one.

>thing is this season has an actual story to tell
Because what people wanted out of a Punisher story is a low-rent Jason Bourne.

I know. It's a kind of death and resurrection, but Feige didn't have the balls to show it.

>I never read the source material but nobody is allowed to dislike my TV brand in my presence OR ELSE
fuck off, retard.

They don't understand that Punisher is actually very profound and intellectual.

No it's not a kind of death and resurrection. Thor has fucking died before and resurrected. This is not that. He just falls asleep like Odin falls asleep.

If I wanted to see The Punisher shoot gangsters, I'd watch the movies or even play the video games.

>I never read the source material
Frank has always been an angsty fuckwit.

I can pull up Rucka's run if you'd like? Older issues from Ennis's run or Dixon's.

Frank is always fucking sad or consumed by endless rage.

Euh... does the movie show Thor or Odin sleeping?

Of course. If there's one thing people love in a Punisher story, it's scene upon scene of Frank talking about his feelings, having pseudo-romantic rendezvous with his partner's wife, and not actually punishing anybody.

>i don't read comic books but i sure like wearing skull t shirts from wal-mart

>it's a kind of death
oh so you downgraded from "its death, if thor doesn't die it's not ragnarok" to "I mean its sorta like death"

Are we also going to ignore that according to your wikipedia description, Loki has to die too? Even though he clearly doesn't?

But user, I agree with you! >Loki has to die too? Even though he clearly doesn't?
You crazy? LGBT characters cannot die! The Internet would kill Feige for that!

>redddit spacing
>all his posts starts with the exact same sentence
>would rather blindly defend a brand and eat shit than admit he eat shit
spineless and embarassing really.

thor 2 does

there are good punisher comics that do just this. it's not always kill everything no story, next issue more killing no story, guess what still no story kill more criminals

i think you just want to see wrecked threads on Sup Forums

>it's scene upon scene of Frank talking about his feelings
He's constantly narrating in the comics about his feelings. The Punisher's view of the world and himself is a lot of the actual dialogue we see in several of the runs across different writers.

And while Frank has never almost fucked Micro's wife in the comics, there are various arcs where he gets thrown into the path of a woman who reminds him of Maria or who he ends up connecting with emotionally.

Sup Forums hates it because /theirguy/ blew himself up in a fridge

>Doesn't read the comics
>Still fucking tells other's off.

That's not even the point the guy was making that you are trying to contest. You are saying it's not Ragnarok if Thor doesn't die as shown by , which is clearly not true as shown in ALL MARVEL UNIVERSES, and if that's not you or if thats not the argument you are making then you can fuck off since I don't care about anything else between you two.

In 1610, Thor doesn't even go to sleep either. He just straight up survives but loses Mjolnir which is more akin to the movie version.

>Reddit spacing
Want to know how I can tell you're a newfag?

It's understandable, given the absence of narration, they have to take their time in this medium to explore his character.

Man annoying reddit quote memes are funny... Here, hold my beer. What a laugh riot you are, op. And so fucking inventive as well.

Does he fuck his partners wife?

How to improve the show:
>Keep the annoying plot lines, drop the NRA blondie kiddo through
>the cut of scenes from location to location could be instead once or twice per 1h episode with a 5-10 minutes of Frank franking some Italian mobsters that would have been back characters that show through out the episodes doing frankable things

Do you realize where you are?

No. He just ends up tempted into spending time around them because they remind him of Maria and his kids.

Yeah, it's not Sup Forums

So she uses him to look after her own kids
What a cuck he is

micro was a good reflection off castle, which made the friendship work.
same family dynamics and same tragedy except lucky enough to redeem himself and make it back to his family.

>it's scene upon scene of Frank talking about his feelings
"Do not fall in New York City."

What could take a panel or two in a comic, needs to be fleshed put on the screen. You guys are being unfair to the show. It's brilliant and like the comics, Lightfoot has done something great here.

>More time is dedicated to Frank cucking his tech wiz partner in Edgy Full House: Housewives getting PUNISHED than killing criminals
Please elaborate, this sentence alone made me reconsider watching the show.

>movie called Ragnarok
>Ragnarok happens
And in the same time
>no Midgard Serpent
>no Odinforce or Rune Magic, just 'Uuuh, Thor, you're stronger than me! This is a thing now. Deal with it, ok?'
>no mention that Ragnarok is an eternal cycle
>no Those Who Sit Above In Shadow
Wow, what a respect for the source material, it's almost like fucking nothing. Are you going to say the same thing about Civil War? Or about the fact that theyintroduced Skurge?
Also you're probably going to say that those things are totally unnecessary, but get this: if this movie was focused more on adding deeper elements to the plot, rather than adding quips, all of this could happen. Also if MCU wasn't ashamed by their source material, Thor wouldn't have ended up being dudebro quipmaker.

Micro in this version has a family. In trying to get information about him Frank visits them to put Micro on edge only to discover that she has a boy and a girl the same age as Frank's deceased children and that she's struggling in Micros absence.

Periodical reminder that the best incarnation of the Punisher didn't give a shit about his family.