Why can't they just make an episodic show where they just battle random villains from the comics...

Why can't they just make an episodic show where they just battle random villains from the comics, without the stretched-out arches?

Because I like the stretched out arc with the indeep details of what is going on.

Your idea is equally retarded.

That's "old," the current way of storytelling is all about a season long arc. Greg Weisman figured out the perfect way of doing done-in-ones that also contribute to a season-long narrative in his cartoons, but most folks don't have his autism.

Because A) Bringing in that many villains costs money to hire so many people.
B) Netflix keeps stupidly ordering 13 episode seasons when they should be 8.
C) Marvel Netflix has no goals outside making seasons. This is evident with how disjointed the Hand were portrayed.

I wish there were other people as based as Greg
Goddamn can the man craft kino.
Idk anyone else that autistic though

You know that nobody will take what you say seriously if you use the word 'kino" right?

Because narrative arcs are more bingeable, and Netflix wants you sitting down to watch 13 hours of a show in a row.

Also, because "superheroes are dumb" and the only way to do them 'seriously' is to have everything be dimly lit and focus on bad guy in suits.

>Because A) Bringing in that many villains costs money to hire so many people.
Batman did it in 60s, Superboy in the 80s, Lois & Clark in the 90s, Smallville in the 00s. They can't go wild with costumes or effects, but all the Netflix shows have been street level so it's easily doable.

>The inevitable "Story Arcs" backlash.

I knew this day was coming.... Thank the heavens that it's only a minority opinion.

Because arc-based shit is objectively better for character development, plot pacing, narrative theme, and consistency. That's why Netflixshit and Gotham are unanimously considered better programming than CWshit and AoS. That's why the only CW seasons ever praised (A S2/S5, F S1) are the ones heavily arc based.

Idk why you'd sit here and suggest they fuck up more capeshit.

I like self contained episodes with sprinkles of overarching arcs. Each one doing its own thing with its own themes with sprinks of the season arc affecting the story in various ways.

That's the way I view the MCU right now.

>AoS
>not arc-based
What?

>Lois & Clark in the 90s
They had next to none of his villains in the show.
Main reason it sucked ass

gotham is shit, and widely known as shit, unanimous my ass

Gotham became great after they got over the early first season difficulties in establishing and executing tone and pacing.

>it gets good after 3 seasons

It picked up in the middle of the first and has been good since.

Because Arrow and Flash do it and suffer because of it.

That would be too good.

How the fuck is episodic storytelling, the foundation of cape comics retarded?

>plot pacing, narrative theme, and consistency
Absolutely false, in fact this drawn out bullshit makes things inconsistent, poorly paced and muddled more often than not. You tell a short story you send a completely clear message.

Why couldn't you have a story arc AND have the characters fight different villains in each episode?

An arc doesn't have to have a main villain; it can be an arc for the main character, or main cast.

I'd argue some villains of the week on Arrow and Flash are better than the majority of their big bads.