What does Sup Forums think of The Critic?

What does Sup Forums think of The Critic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O6T2nRAazrY
youtube.com/watch?v=ET0UBXOcFYo
youtube.com/watch?v=f3B3C5hR1lk
youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It stinks!

I actually got my hands on the box set just last month. I had seen maybe one or two episodes when it originally aired, so this was my first real time watching it.

I thought it was great! The first season feels like unearthing a lost season of The Simpsons. I love the cast and John Lovitz was born to play this character. Second season, eh, things start to change for the worse...

The original Family Guy.

We should buy his book

youtube.com/watch?v=O6T2nRAazrY

Overrated, it aged like shit I, is a king of the hill pace show that put random jokes in the middle a la family guy.

I thought it was pretty good. I rewatch it on youtube once in a while. Its not the best thing ever but its pretty good for some yucks. With all comedies it will have people that hate it and think its "beneath them(embarrassing really)".

It's like Family Guy if FG's joke were actually clever and funny instead of randumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=ET0UBXOcFYo

It was full of healthy goodness and green peaness.

Ahead of its time. Could have cruised on that FG crowd for years.

It was quite good. And I think that if it survived it could still deliver quality entertainment.

It's even better when you're dead.

Oh, what luck! There's a french fry stuck in my beard!

I wish the Critic were being made today in a production style like South Park where they make it in a week. Can you imagine a show that can respond to and rip on trailers and movies that just came out?

It was unfortunately often a low hanging fruit cheap parody show though.

I don't know about that. The second season was already getting worse, and the third season was so cheap they decided to limit it as webisodes.

You have used your trips wisely, user.

>the third season was so cheap they decided to limit it as webisode

That was years later, and I don’t think anyone actually considers it the “third season.” I presumed it had a completely different writing team and they didn’t get barely any actors back. At least from what I remember. I haven’t watched them since they were shown on Atom Films, or whatever the fuck the dead service that streamed them was called.

I liked the simpsons episode with him in it

>an animated RLM
Oh god no

That's terrible. I quit.
Just a handful for the road.

Oh, what luck. There's a french fry stuck in my beard.

no no no no. not that, I take it back

I love fat and ugly jokes but the show has way too many, it becomes old after a few episodes. I wish there was more satire and more making fun of the movie industry, and more classic one liners.

I can't complain much though, it was a great show.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3B3C5hR1lk

A DOLLAR A JUG?

Correct, a zombified remake without any of the original writing crew.

Great show. I watched every episode back-to-back a couple of weeks ago. The jokes were pretty good and stand up well. I think they could have got another season or two out of it.

I think he started repeating himself.

Are you prone to having black outs?

It was the first show I discovered through Sup Forums, so it will always have a special place in my heart

This thread maybe alive, but I have moved on to a better place. A place FILLED with Mrs. Pell's Fishsticks!

*munch munch*

Oh yes! OH YES! THEY'RE EVEN BETTER WHEN YOU'RE DEAD!!!

No.

MMmmm, delicious pea-ness

They're even better RAW

I used to think that show was from the same creator as Hey Arnold! The designs look identical.

wait a minute penguins cant fly

PENGUINS CANT FLY!!!

>and he's been DRINKING!

Fun fact, this show exists in the same universe as Homicide: Life on the Street.

It defined a good 1/5 of who I am today

Are you prone to having black outs?

Attaboy. You could have not done better.

It's basically Family Guy but actually funny and clever references, instead of just "HAHA SEX JOKE, HAHA VIOLENCE, HAHA RACISM" and nonstop cutaway jokes.

Wait a minute, penguins can't fly! PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!
youtube.com/watch?v=6JsZbSzMi08