Gravity Falls ending sucked!

I keep hearing that. How would you have end it, and from where would you start changing?

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65455869
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also post gravity falls images
Fan art okay

Stan should have lost his memory permanently

Dipper apprentices under Ford and the go on a multiversal adventure.
Mabel unbitches herself somehow.

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=65455869

>Gravity Falls sucked
FTFY

Sup Forums

I wish the stop motion episode was better. Maybe because Mabel wasn't the focus, and Dipper just found the stop motion monsters.

>another season
>dipper actually gets over wendy and gets with candy
>mabel finds peace in herself even without a boyfriend
>the kids actually stay with their grunkle and dont leave

And another complete failure to represent anime in western media

DO. IT. FOR. HER.

dumb hapa poster

Candy or Pacifica

Pacifica best girl at least.

Forgot this one
Also would have made Pacifica more in the finale. Like tagging along with survivor Wendy.
Mabel dream world would be a infinite day of Dipper leaving her alone and she wakes up and relives it. By the time Dipper and the gang meet up, she is convinced they aren't real.
Grunkle Stan loses his memory, and Ford takes Stan on the same adventure but trying to restore his memory.

It was way more of a jab at visual novels and the dorks that play them

>candy
she literally has no character other than being a background character with speaking lines.

Pacifica on the other hand is actually a cold bitch with a characterization and then development in the show.

canon > fanon

Mabel sucks

Explain why Dipper sounds 30, acts 20, and is the size of a 5 year old

Is she good at it, at least?

>Demona Silverwing

explains everything.

>Tambry didn't sign

What a bitch.

The very concept of Bill sucked. He was a symbol of knowledge with arms and legs, and he should've been doing that, like toying with people by telling them stuff or torturing information out of them. The final boss should be someone else.

If I can't change that, I would at least have resolution hinge of Mabel realizing where she was wrong.

What if Mabel was the villain? Everyone praises her no matter what she does, it's uncanny. Everyone falls in line with her fantasy even if they shouldn't.

What if she's mind-controlling everyone? Like, she doesn't know she's a dark goddess born to unleash ten thousands years of darkness, she just thinks everyone is recognizing her greatness, but she is terrible but unconsciously controls people she wants to admire her into admiring her.

Bill was a 4D being with god like intellect since he gave Ford the blueprints behind that multiverse machine that would 404 the universe if it exploded.

And they should've kept it this way.

Stories often intertwine mundane and fantastic with monsters or fantastic crises serve as an allegory to what troubles characters. If Bill was feeding those troubles instead of doing dumb shit, we'd have a better story.

So just have Bill be Q

S2 pretty much abandoned the idea that the monster of GF were anything special.

I haven't watched Star Trek.

The actual final episode was fine, some parts of it were even good or great. But it could’ve been so much better with another season leading up to it. Some parts of it were just rushed.

In particular, as an example, I remember the conclusion with the wheel pissing me off. Some of the characters felt like they didn’t tie with their corresponding symbols satisfactorily or weren’t so important to the show that they made sense being on the wheel. In an additional season, we could have had
>more characterization for Wendy outside of ‘Dipper’s love interest,’ some more tying her to the ice bag than the weakass ‘Wendy is cool, so she can be the ice’
>another Pacifica episode where she earns the llama sweater so that didn’t have to be shoved in last minute
>an episode where Ford and McGucket work out their past and McGucket actually obtains Ford’s old spare glasses
> maybe some more focus on Robbie

And this is just in the context of improving the wheel, another season would be useful for other reasons. The show was originally planned to be three seasons long but got cut to two, with the second a little rushes, and it unfortunately does show. It’s a series that was heavily dependent on sticking to the plan that they revealed at least part of the outline for.

It's a cartoon.

I would also if they developed Dipper's and Mabel's fading friendship more and fight more and more as the episodes go on, like Dipper bonding more with Ford to spite Mabel, so Mabel in loneliness and fear of growing up bonds closer with Stan. Make them both wrong instead of making Mabel out the immature bad guy.

Bill Cipher should have taken over the entire universe instead of just Gravity falls and I hate the fact that part 2 of weirdmageddon basically happened all inside of Mabels imagination.

Also, "it's gonna get weird" should have been used, and the credits sequence was lame.

he is an interdimensional demon like Bill Cipher.

My biggest pet peeve is how rushed everything felt. The zodiac wheel felt forced, they don't tie up a resolution with Dipper and his romantic life, there's no more discussion on Mable and Dipper growing apart, and when all is said and done, 2 seasons didn't feel satisfactory. Bill is a cheap villain and his downfall felt a little too much of a deus ex machina "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" move.

This was a really good show. A really really solid, well written, enjoyable, show. It was fun to watch, touching, and intriguing. I felt like the plot was wrapped up in a way that kind of brushed a lot under the rug instead of really delving into things. The world was so rich and involved that it was a shame Alex called it so early.

I start having my doubt whenever Gravity Falls was really those things or it was just a promise bound to never come true.

Yep. One of the many things they could’ve stood to improve on outside of just the single example of the wheel. Too many people at the end of the show didn’t sympathize with Mabel because in universe she didn’t get called out for her own behavior enough, and that is another thing that season 2 couldn’t and didn’t make time for.

I also think getting the Stantology or Order of the Holy Mackerel episode would be great, but that was the studio’s fault for not letting them do it.

Yeah, I know I personally harp on about ‘it would be better with a third season,’ and while I do stand by that, there’s so many things I speculate they COULD do in that third season that I think they should have, but I don’t know how much of it WOULD have actually gotten done.

Like it’s easy for me to say ‘Wendy should have gotten more focus and characterization,’ but that’s something they evidently struggled with in the two seasons they did make, so I realize a third season might not have done better with that aspect, as well as others.

She texted them her signature.

Classic Tambry.

Just in terms of the wheel:
>Bill Cipher is free, but trapped inside Gravity Falls
>the only exit is through someone's headspace, but he can only use it by being allowed in willingly through a deal
>only the humans represented on the wheel qualify
>Bill makes a deal with Mabel and traps her in the bubble, so he's just chilling in Gravity Falls waiting for her to be satisfied enough to qualify as keeping his end of the deal
>he's keeping Gideon around as a backup
>he realizes he's in trouble once Mabel calls the deal off and Gideon turns on him
>he tries to strike up deals with some of the other minor characters, but fails
>Standford owes him from their past deal, but can't "collect" because of the metal plate
>Bill finally decides that it would be easier to get Ford to let him in than wasting time trying to form a whole new deal with someone
>he still unknowingly enters Stan's head, but since his old deal was with Ford, he can't exit through it
>still gets erased the same way

That's how I'd have changed how the wheel factors into the finale, while giving Bill a reason to sit around partying in Gravity Falls instead of leaving immediately.

They should have introduced the author much earlier. Adding a new member to the main cast halfway through the season is a recipe for disaster.

There's a pink haired yandere anime girl wearing cat ears while wearing a school gym outfit when not wearing a sailor fuku

that's as anime as you could get without graphic perverted scenes

>Stan loses memory
>Standard learns about the first and decides to take his brother there to see if he can find something that can help him get his memory back
>Dipper gets invited to join them next summer
>Mabel isn't because she is a bitch

>from where would you start changing?
Dump Roadside Attraction
Replace it with a "Wendy as her own person" episode

Escape from Reality: As Soos & Wendy are seduced, their symbols appear on the bubble. Make it clear the bubble hypnotizes prisoners. Pine tree slowly starts to appear during the roach Wendy scene, then vanishes when Dipper calls out the fake.

Bill is from a 2D flatland style dimension: make his final goal slicing our 3D universe into an infinite number of 2D universe for himself to play with.

Instead of "Grammar, Stanley", have Bill show up and say "By the way, thanks for that snowglobe, Shooting Star!"
Stanford apologizes to Mabel for not telling her the snowglobe was dangerous, and that being tricked by Bill is nothing to be ashamed of.

>Grunkle Stan loses his memory, and Ford takes Stan on the same adventure but trying to restore his memory.
This is what pissed me off most about getting his memory back. They could have had Mabel give him the scrapbook, have Soos run the shop, and have the older twins go on an adventure all without ruining the sense of sacrifice.

>Bill is from a 2D flatland style dimension: make his final goal slicing our 3D universe into an infinite number of 2D universe for himself to play with.

He is like an Sup Forums poster.

Yeah, I think I remember seeing Hirsch say something that to me came off as his reasoning being ‘i think my characters are good people who deserve a good end and i want to give them that good end because i can’t separate fiction and reality.’

I would have been happy with the end you proposed, but with the implication Stan could recover his memory slowly. Maybe have Stan send the twins a letter where he makes reference to memories only he and the twins would know about with a post script from Ford saying ‘that’s not in the scrap book and i didn’t teach him this,’ or something. That way he could keep his good end, it would just feel more satisfying if it took some work to overcome the hardship.

This would have been so much better. Don't give him his memories back all at once, but show that he'll heal as he and Ford heal their relationship, and both take their good course of time.

If they really wanted they could even do a timeskip to when he’s completely healed.

I think there are reasons against doing a timeskip in this instance, but still, it’s an option.

Dipper would have stayed with Ford and hooked up with Pacifica.

Mabel would have apologized for Roadside Attraction and BTFO back to wherever they're from.

All would have been right with the world.

An idea for for something other than Bill tricking Mabel into giving up the snowglobe. The day summer ends, they should be throwing a going away/birthday party for the twins. As it winds down, there's only ten people left(the ten on the wheel) and Dipper notices some movement and the door to the basement open. When he goes to investigate, he notices the globe is gone, and a shadow of somebody, but we can't tell who. When he tells Ford, Ford locks down the Mystery Shack, and says that as long as Bill doesn't escape the shack with the globe, they should be fine. But someone in that room is Bill, so it begins a murder mystery style investigation. Accusations fly and everyone is suspect at least once. But Bill eventually wins. If we really wanna get wild with it, this part of the episode is split into 3-5 minute parts and released over a slow trickle.