If this doesn't have Batman saying, almost verbatim, "I am not Rorschach", then it will be all for naught

If this doesn't have Batman saying, almost verbatim, "I am not Rorschach", then it will be all for naught.

The whole theme of Rebirth is DC is not Watchmen.

K

ok

into the trash either way

>"I am not Rorschach"

Cool, Bendis

imo it would be more of a wasted crossover if there's no Rorschach meets Question anywhere in there.

Then again, Rorschach is a fake, and likely veidt himself- so that wouldnt happen anyway

Who?

I read it - it's pretty good

>That fucking Doomsday Clock line in Justice League
I'm glad someone not hiding their power level chuckled at that in the theater yesterday

Do people not understand how company owned Comics work? Moore knew the score when he signed the deal and wrote it, and a created by credit + residuals for life is more than fair. Just because Moore decided 20 years later that he deserves complete creative control doesn't mean he does.

>She/Her. Queer

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one.

This looks familiar. What run is that from?

Is it really that serious though? It's just a comic book.

O'Neil's Question, the Green Arrow crossover I think.

Isn't that oversimplifying the problem a little bit?

I've never read Watchmen, AMA

Why not?

That's complete bullshit though, he wanted the control back then and he had a reversal clause written into his contract so he could get the rights once DC stopped publishing it for a year, same thing basically with Fox and their Marvel films rights. He had no reason to suspect it would be reprinted continually for decades. It's one of the main reasons he stopped working for them and went on to actual independent comics work. I'm also not sure if he actually gets any residuals or if he just turns those downs out of principal, I'd like to know about that part actually.

no, what needs to happen is

Batman solved the problem 36 minutes ago.

Without having read watchmen, please describe your idea of what the story of Watchmen is without googling anything of it

What if superheroes were edgy and not actually super except for one guy.

Cheeky.
But how would that work, narratively?
When Ozy did that shit was to make fun of the stupid villains of typical capeshit, what would the point of it be now?

Fairly accurate

>What if superheroes were edgy
I'll give you a pass for this heresy since you haven't read it. But let me tell you it's not just "edge for the sake of being edgy".

Not a bad summary here.

not quite, but good try

The heroes are still fairly super, though, Nite-Owl in particular. Even if it's probably mostly due to super-autism.

Didn't one of the Minutemen admit that Ozymandias was also pretty super? I mean, the guys is portrayed as having super intelligence

pretty spot on

>Horrocks loves the comics medium and wants it to be better than corporate shit for fanboys
>Sup Forums feels threatened and angry by this
I mean I'm a shameless DC fantard myself but even I'll admit she's right.

inb4 >she

I never got around to it and didn't really care for the movie
I've seen the movie though.
Stop pretending to be me

I thought Nite Owl was Batman

Rorshach is Mr. A

Nite-Owl is Blue Beetle, who happens to share some elements with Batman.

Rorschach is Question, with elements of Ditko's philosophy, which is most directly reflected in Mr. A.

This isn't a matter of interpretation, Watchmen was literally conceived when Moore was asked to revamp the Charlton characters. After the story was pitched they told Moore to replace them with expies because they realized they wouldn't be able to do anything with these characters after the story.

Tough shit. I believe in creator rights but Moore signed what was a general book contract at the time and he had remorse later on. He wasn't screwed over. DC didn't keep Watchmen in publication out of spite. It was popular.

According to bleeding cool johns added some more characters to the watchman universe. Marrionette and Mime. Based of punch and jewlee who were charleston

While Moore should have the rights, him and gibbons are the ones that signed a contract saying they they get the rights when the book goes out of print, and while that was a remote possibility at the time, he could have just taken the story elsewhere
Also:
>DONT TOUCH MUH SACRED COW!!
I hope Johns takes a fat steak out it it just to make Moore fags mad, it's not even Moore's best work

>actually wanting a hack write a shitty derivative of a great story just to piss some nerds online
What a boring life you must lead.

trips of truth

Moore and Gibbons have both talked about how they were promised rights to the characters they never got.

Because the book stayed profitable and in circulation. That's business. Again DC kept it in circulation because it constantly makes money not out of personal spite.

people have received their copies already
where's Scanbro when you need him

We know it's business. No one is saying DC doesn't have a legal right. Not even Moore is saying that.

What the problem is, and what creators were getting mad about in the 90's, is that these are shitty deals and they were being taken advantage of when they were given these lame deals, and understandably many such as Moore chose to just not work for DC or Marvel anymore.

Moore chooses not to do business with these companies ever again and criticizes the ways they do business and he's perfectly in his rights to do that. It's not like he sued or disputed what he signed. He just regrets signing it and felt they misled him. As he's said, he blames himself for not thinking more carefully and assuming that DC has his best interest in mind.

the worst part is DC doesn't capitalize or even collect his ABC/Wildstorm stuff
fucking assholes

It sounds like they might have plans considering they're putting Tom Strong into the Terrifics.