Should everyone involved simply stem down...

Should everyone involved simply stem down? Is it even possible to salvage this mess without a complete change of management?

Other urls found in this thread:

popsugar.com/entertainment/photo-gallery/44272188/embed/44272204/Why-Superman-Mouth-Weird-Justice-League
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sure it is

Completely disregard Suicide Squad, Man of Steel, Batman V Superman and Justice League and start afresh using Wonder Woman as a basis

Also remember to never, ever let Zack Snyder near anything

Why do people keep forgetting Wonder Woman was a success and a small cultural phenomenon?

Speaking as a generic user, I had no desire to spend close to 10 bucks to see another "super powered strangers somehow become a team because the world needs them to save them from an otherworldly threat that no other force on earth can stop" movie.
It's been done a couple of times now. I don't fucking want to see yet another one.

Why couldn't Hollywood get this through their thick fucking skulls?

short attention span.

Mediocre movie that got propped up because it was the first female super movie that was somewhat competently made.

>what a tweest the god of war was the schlubby British man we never foreshadowed
>that entire fucking end battle

Because it was overblown. It fizzled in international markets and has no Oscar chances despite all the money WB poured into its campaign.

Even so, Gadot is constantly praised as the saving grace of the DCEU even though she's awfully bland and Wonder Woman has been primed as the leader of the Justice League and the new cornerstone of DC movies.

>we never foreshadowed
Come on man. They foreshadowed he was the real bad guy a lot.
Everything else is stupid, but they did foreshadow that.

Simple. Sell the movie rights to Marvel.

The movie was fine
But it's obvious that the properties are being so mismanaged they'd be better off rebooting the whole franchise

This, but unironically.

If they actually go through with that Suicide Squad 2 or have Snyder even remotely close to another film in this universe, I'm going to 100% consider WB as completely retarded instead of just dumb

>Is it even possible to salvage this mess without a complete change of management?

100%
The way JL ended? Full on embracing hope, and suggesting that other heroes may begin appearing without fear of consequence?

It is the tone I would have ended Man of Steel with, because had they done so, and shown a world in what followed it up that unequivocally loved and embraced Superman instead of what we got, the world mourning and feeling fear because of his loss would have made sense.

Regardless, that is as clear a wrap up to Snyder's world, and a jump on point for WB to start fresh. Ignore everything that has happened in this world Perfect example was Luthor. No quirk, no stuttering, no rambling. Just a cold Billionaire in a suit on a yacht offering exquisite wine, presenting a plan to combat beings he resents. since the events of MoS, and just drop into the solo movies with the JL characters established. Tell the stories, and line-wide go for a different tonal/aesthetic shift from what has come as a non-verbal statement that what we'll be getting isn't what we've gotten. Drop the white block font on dark background as the title and give these franchises superhero title logos. Get these characters right, enable the earning of fandoms, introduce GL FFS, Flashpoint anything that can't be fixed via everything already mentioned, and try another Justice League in 2022. When you do that, don't call it Justice League 2. Make it Justice League: Subtitle. With Superman, drop MoS, and call it Superman: Subtitle as well.

They have what they need to salvage the universe. They just need to mange this opportunity correctly.

>It fizzled in international markets

Wonder Woman doesn't have the cultural significance outside of America, yet it still did 812 million at the box office, half of that internationally. Hardly a fizzle.

>and has no Oscar chances despite all the money WB poured into its campaign.

It's going to get a nomination on the feminist angle alone.

85% of fans liked it on RT... critics need to pull their heads out of their asses I'd say

The thing is are people going to even care? They didn't care enough to see this and this is already going down as a giant fucking embarassment for everyone. How can they possibly advertise to the general audience on the next movie after this? Maybe WW2 might do okay but everything else is too up in the air.

I mean, I know people want to have faith in Wan's Aquaman but the Aquaman in the movie barely did anything

This. Any competent director/producer team has all the pieces they need to make this universe something the average movie viewer wants to see.

>Talking about critics in a box office thread
Is you dumb?

because it was Just ok not really that great as a movie. I'd watch JL again before WW.

Please please tell you guys are realizing that Snyder and the tone they were taking minus Wonder Woman is the problem

Audiences clearly disagree.

85% of the pitiful number of people who went to see it. So of the

Would a Flashpoint movie reboot it to make the franchise good or would we just get a New 52 tier situation again but this time in movies?

>They didn't care enough to see this and this is already going down as a giant fucking embarassment for everyone.

Go back and look at every trailer for JL.

I didn't trust the trailers for BvS, because it looked like more of everything I disliked about MoS. People went to see BvS because Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman for the first time, but pop culturally, that movie was vastly more significantly derided that MoS was anywhere but a Chinese noodle enthusiast forum.

Go back and look at every trailer for JL.

Until Whedon got involved, JL looked like more of what we got in MoS and especially BvS, and I think the masses recognized that as well, and hard NOPED.

Give them trailers for the solo movies, and present them with trailers that don't look like Snyder DC, and look enjoyable, and like a good way to spend a few hours, and I would be shocked if people didn't give it a shot. More than that though, make good movies that match the trailers. It is literally what Wonder Woman did, and that movie got the critcal acclaim, as well as audience excitement leading up to and after that acclaim and it was a slam dunk.

>but the Aquaman in the movie barely did anything

Thanks to Joss and his reshoots.

>Completely disregard Suicide Squad.

I doubt they will, that flick made so much money with a relatively low budget that it wouldn't surprise me if the DCEU becomes the Harley and the Suicide Squad Extended Universe, how much money a movie makes is what matters in this industry not critic or fan reception.

They could consider making a trilogy of relatively low budgeted Harley Quinn films with internet viral marketing ala Deadpool, or make a Gotham City Sirens with the same female oriented marketing as Wonder Woman and tah dah! WB execs would have enough money for another fancy yatch.

Holy shit, why does everybody think "Just Flashpoint mang" is going to solve everything? Unless you're suggesting it as a "WB is that retarded"

I wouldn't bet on it. The franchise is poisoned now.

HAHAHAHA WAT

popsugar.com/entertainment/photo-gallery/44272188/embed/44272204/Why-Superman-Mouth-Weird-Justice-League

>they did foreshadow that
Not the same guy, but could you tell me when? I watched it just last week but don't remember any foreshadowing, unless you count the guy staring at Diana for too long when she entered the room full of men.

>lol let's freeze a frame from a shitty cam rip when an actor is talking so it looks stupid and say that it's cgi
>everyone believes it and news report sites even report it
Jesus Christ, I know there's other parts of the film where it might've been noticeable but this one isn't it.

Wonder Woman v. Hayley Quinn movie when? Come on Warner Bros. you know where the profit is at

I think they think it because it's a hell of a particular story to start the Flash franchise with considering its particular significance within the comics. Combine that with the changes WB has made with respect to production oversight and management, specifically Johns be given authority, and it becomes more difficult to argue why they wouldn't be using Flashpoint as a retcon machine more that why they would. Hell, especially with Affleck vocally trying to get out now, and Reeves vocally trying to get Gyllenhall to take over, JL suggested that Bruce was on his way out. Flashpoint presents an opportunity to COMICS, EVERYBODY why Bruce begins Flashpoint old, and ends it young and recast.

Personally don't think you use it excessively, but as I said, only for stuff that can't be made clear via more traditional methods. In my case, I think that means a Batman recast, and potentially a tweaking of Superman's origin which would be referenced (no flashbacks, just hints, or maybe a visit to the Kent farm to find Pa still alive) in the next Superman solo movie. Also, it'd be nice for the next time audiences saw the Fastest Man alive for him to not have his Mark 1 costume.

All of this is inconsequential though, because the rumor as over the end of last month was that Flashpoint even happening was dependent on the reception to Justice League, which clearly is not going to be acceptable to WB.

He was a kind politician that wanted to help our heroes! Being "kind" while at the same time a "politician" is an obvious red flag desu senpai.

>Wonder Woman v. Hayley Quinn movie
Will we get a scene like the one from the Whore comics too with WW as Whore and Harley as Titania?

Paul Dini made capekino 25 years ago and continued to nurture it for a decade and a half despite WB's retarded execs.

>Paul Dini
Full respect.

>live action
>discussing fucking finances

Leave to either Sup Forums or /biz/ but you have no fucking reason to be here

Mostly a collection of small moments that shouldn't mean anything normally, but when you've seen enough movies you see where it's going.

Like when their squad called HQ and the camera stopped focusing on his secretary who was talking the call in order to focus on him listening in.

>that cgi
Kek!