Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

How does it feel to live in a world where Dr. Strange, Ant Man and fucking Rocket Raccoon are bigger theatrical draws than the first real Batman/Superman team up movie?

Makes me sad, but it's cool to see previously unknown characters that are cool in their own right get recognition. I thought the plot of the Strange film was pretty generic, but the visuals were on point.

They were pretty cool. I thought they were going to nerf him so much that he would basically be another MCU Loki prior to the first trailer

I concur with this assessment. Doctor Strange was an unnecessary origin film when what we really needed was an in medias res introduction to magic in the Marvel universe.

Don't you get tired of these posts? Why can't you take it to Sup Forums? Why must you keep ruining the board?

Bit weird honestly. They need to start shooting people over at Warner Bros that its come to this.

>Why must you keep ruining the board?
That's a big overstatement

Same. I was hoping after spiderman did well they were going to drift away from the 'origin story where the hero must fight an evil version of his own powers'. And now it looks like Black Panther is going to fight Dark Leopard with San Diegan accent in his movie.

>fucking Rocket Raccoon
You mean you WOULDN'T pay good money to see that?

Yeah, it's great knowing that Spiderman is now a nigger, Ironman is now a nigger bitch, Thor is now a radical feminist bitch, Wolverine is now a literal whore bitch, Ms. Marvel is an Islamic terrorist, Hawkeye is I don't even fucking know what's going on there, The Hulk's now The Incredible Chink, and, oh, they keep bringing the actual characters back from the dead for the sole purpose of blowing the legacy characters tranny nigger dicks.

And to think, 10 years ago I wouldn't have believed a Dr. Strange or Ant Man movie would be such a hit, let alone recurring characters in a series of movies.

What kind of timeline are we living in?

>implying Marvel characters could be successful if they didn't lean on each other

I would mind less if the replacements were preexisting characters, or just less insufferable. Like instead of black teenaged ironchick, just use that kid whose whole shtick is "I'm the 7th most intelligent person in the world" or she at the very least actually acted smarter then Tony Stark, and not like a generic teenaged dipshit.

But, gotta have them original character bucks when they try to force the characters in every recurring run.

>successful if they didn't lean on each other
They are though. As seen by the Ant Man GotG and Doctor Strange movies.

Ant Man and Doctor Strange were generic trash. They only get a pass because they're Marvel.

Being good isn't the measure of success in this. We live in a world where a movie about Thor. A character no one outside of Viking enthusiasts and comic nerds had heard of a decade ago. Is outselling Batman and Superman two characters who have been important since WW2.

>Turns out DC characters are judged more harshly based on Nostalgia of previous incarnations

I bet he moans really loud but gets embarrassed after :3c

Who cares? I'm fucking sick of baby nerd shit getting made into seven thousand movies

You mean Amadeus Cho? The guy who is the Hulk now and had years of stories with the old Hulk? Why the fuck would he replace anyone else?

I think the film needed an origin story, not for Strange, but to provide the audience with a frame of reference for magic in the MCU. A strange origin story was the best way to introduce you to the concept, since Strange starts out just as clueless as the audience.