Best of the Worst:

Sequels to Disney movies nobody asked for edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unproduced_Disney_animated_shorts_and_feature_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

made about 3 decades too late

>Hey, I got an idea, let's make two sequels to a classic movie released over 50 years ago
Cinderella 3 was actually pretty decent, though

What sequel potential was there? It's not like any of the characters had any character to begin with.

The only thing I remeber was bread and thinking how bullshit it was releasing a two mini movies and calling it one.

The first one is forgetable at best, the third one is ball to the wall insane on its premise but is actually pretty entretaining and has good character moments.

King of Thieves is great dont even

The best Disney sequel that nobody asked for was the Peter Pan sequel "Return to Never Land" while the worst is a tie between the mulan and hunchback simply because they do that thing where everyone else finds a lover.

>The best Disney sequel that nobody asked for was the Peter Pan sequel "Return to Never Land"
Genuenly good movie, kind of bittersweet when Peter meets with adult Wendy. I would have liked if the Cocodrile was in the movie.

Yeah King of Thieves is fucking awesome, that claw and dagger fight at the end is the jam and the turtle island has always been my favorite thing.

They should have the balls to just bring the croc back instead of replacing him with a octopus/squid that had the same gimmick.

The King of Thieves was actually pretty good, better than Return of Jafar that's for sure. I also thought it was weird that Aladdin ended with him and Jasmine getting engaged, and then the show decidedly DIDN'T have them as a married couple... although they did mention their engagement once or twice. So it was a fitting end to the franchise... the main couple finally had their wedding, Robin Williams reprises the Genie, we meet Aladdin's father, they tie it into the only other Arabian Night that's as well-known as Aladdin, and give Iago a happier ending, riding off with Aladdin's dad to pursue dreams of fame and fortune.

Most importantly, because of Aladdin the TV series, there WAS more demand to provide a proper "ending" - the movie itself was self-contained, but the show needed a proper "everybody gets a big send-off" finale. Nobody ever wanted more Cinderella or Bambi or whatever.

>Most importantly, because of Aladdin the TV series, there WAS more demand to provide a proper "ending" - the movie itself was self-contained, but the show needed a proper "everybody gets a big send-off" finale. Nobody ever wanted more Cinderella or Bambi or whatever.
Yeah, this important to note. For whatever reason, Aladdin has the distinction of being the only Disney animated series (at least from that era) that actually continued from the events of the movie and wasn't a prequel (e.g. Little Mermaid, Hercules, etc.).

>Mary Poppins Returns
I'm so scared this is going to be awful. Lin-Manuel Miranda has some giant musical shoes to fill, and he better not screw it up with "ironic" lyrics and modern musical stylings.

Mary Poppins will be black. Screencap this.

They already cast her

Her nose, man. Everything is as close to Julie Andrews as you can reasonably expect, but that nose.

Don't worry they'll CGI Henry Cavill's lip over it.

I was intrigued by "untitled disneytoon film" but then i looked it up and it was another cars movie :(

Aw man, seriously? 3 was the perfect end to the franchise. There's nowhere else to go with it, let it rest.

>another cars movie
Speaking of things no one asked for: are the kiddies really asking for another cars movie?

It is likely actually another PLANES movie, so no, no kids are asking for it

Considering that the last one only out-earned The Good Dinosaur in the United States and likely lost money at the box office, nobody even wanted the last one.

Hell, Coco's already made almost 15% of Cars 3's worldwide box office just in Mexico.

Look, I her that just about everything else on these screen might as well print money, but really, no stockholders can step in and say that that's a shit idea?

Poor Lasseter. Maybe if he wouldn't have pushed Mater so hard people would have stuck with the franchise. By the time 3 was released, too damage had been done.

What was it actually about though? I heard that Cinderella 3 was good, but I'm having trouble really getting that.

>Maybe if he wouldn't have pushed Mater so hard people would have stuck with the franchise.
It doesn't help, but cars has a bigger problem. When cars first came out, Nascar was hot shit, at one point the most watched sport in America but some standards. Since then, the ratings have been taking a noticable dive, and public opinion among middle class mom's has also fallen off (they have a redneck problem: specifically, their CEO) which means that your target audience just keeps getting smaller. This actually hurts Disney multiple times, because it hurts the cars franchise, but also means that those expensive tv rights in ESPN aren't brining in enough revenue, which has helped turn ESPN into the millstone around Disney's neck

>Nascar was hot shit, at one point the most watched sport in America
Wait, really? Bigger than the NFL?

>public opinion among middle class mom's has also fallen off (they have a redneck problem: specifically, their CEO)
As far as I can recall, NASCAR's popularity has always been predominately in the south. You can see this reflected in movies like Talladega Nights (made when NASCAR was still really big) where nearly all the characters are redneck.

IS BEST OF THE WORST REPLACING HALF IN THE BAG?

Fuck, for a second I actually had a hope that they were making a 2D animated feature.

>the third one was a time travel episode
But why?

Yeah, I think after Earnhardt Sr died, that's when it peaked over the NFL. Packed stands, the 3rd lap of silence for remembering Sr (which was eerie with no crowd noise and just the cars), and Kevin Harvick taking over the Goodwrench banner under the 29. Very sad year for a NASCAR fan.

>Frozen 2 all the way back

da fuck is disney waiting for? They know they caught lighting in a bottle, do they think people will care by then?

Is there even a small chance of them ever making a Fantasia 3? I don't know if they're even capable of doing theatre-quality 2D animation anymore but you could probably do some cool shit with CG.

I don't think this movie was meant to be a Box Office hit and/or cinematic masterpiece. It was created only to boost merchandise sales, Cars is like second highest grossing movie franchise in the world. They gonna mine it for another decade or so.
also:
>movie about Mexicans is a box office hit in Mexico.

Gee, I wonder why?

>inb4 szechuan sauce promo in 2019 mulan release

Walt was always against of making sequels
and now we know he was right

well Return of Jafar was just a Movie Pilot forthe series
interesting to note, the original idea for the thrid movie involved having Mozenrath revealed to be Alladins long lost brother and have that be a whole plot thread, bu they dropped it in favor of the movie being more concise and self contained

LMM is a big theater buff and writes very genuinely unless its intentionally a goof like the MBMBAM stuff
i mean Moana's soundtrack was fuckin golden

Fuck that. Fantasia 2000 sucked. I don't want to even imagine what kind of dreck modern Disney would shit out.

that just the man himself
i remember reading about several squeals that were in the works but never got off the ground in his day. though he likely squashed them to put effort to new things

They are smart for not busting their nut right away. Frozen already suffers from brand over saturation, if they made an entire movie on top of all their merchandise even normal fags would get tired of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unproduced_Disney_animated_shorts_and_feature_films

they planned pretty much a sequel for every fucking disney movie ever

>i mean Moana's soundtrack was fuckin golden
I agree--mostly. Shiny was a bit memey as it basically a David Bowie homage. And then "How Far I'll Go" had a few rhymes I found groanworthy, like

>I know everybody on this island has a role on this island
>So maybe I can roll with mine

If he can avoid stuff like that and just focus on tight, classic melodies and lyrics that won't sound dated in a decade or two, more power to him.

>Fuck that. Fantasia 2000 sucked
How so?

the only bad sequences in Fantasia 2000 are Pines of Rome and the Shostakovich piano concerto which is a shame because that's the best song in the movie

and I guess reusing Sorcerer's Apprentice. But everything else is good and Rhapsody in Blue is GOAT

Yeah, but Mozenrath's VA didn't feel like hanging around anymore.

>hmmm we need someone to replace Mozenrath since his VA left
>how about fucking John Rhys-Davies

Fuck me blind.

>interesting to note, the original idea for the thrid movie involved having Mozenrath revealed to be Alladins long lost brother
Oh come on, really? As a kid, I ALWAYS thought those two must be related. Sucks that they abandoned that idea.

>Robin Hood II

Anything involving Lilo & Stitch.

They really milked that shit dry for all that it was worth.

Stepmom captures the fairy godmother and uses her magic wand to undo everything.

You cheeky motherfucker.