Will it be good?

Will it be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTte01kdG_k
youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST

Cant be any worse than her book

THE BEST PART OF WAKING UP IS FORGERS IN YOUR CUP!

she better kill like a million kree or skrull.

youtube.com/watch?v=XTte01kdG_k

Thinking too small, she better blow up the Skrull homeworld after Mar-Vell is killed, to set up Secret Invasion.

Would also like to add the drinking problem. But then again, Marvel may keep itself to one alcoholic female protagonist

I want to see the planet blow up, and you see the screaming skrull civilians. And then she lands on a refugee Skrull ship, sees Skrull children and go "Stop crying. You guys deserved it!"

If Thor is any indicator, even if it is mediocre, part three will be incredible!

Marvel hasnt made a bad one yet. mediocre, but not bad.

Dark World

It remains to be seen.

The comics with her as CM are boring as fuck and cannot be made into movies because the normies would not like them. They basically had to lift from the Skrull/Kree war (a story Carol wasn't even in) and adapt from that.

If they lift from other Mar-Vell stories maybe they can do something decent for her sequels.

She'll genocide the Skrull and become the Kree Empress and then take her Kree fleet to Avengers 4 with her army of alcoholic space coccaine addicted steroid Kree and then they will fucking blow everything up.

I'm kind of excited because I want to see how they build a franchise out of nothing, like Ant-Man.

You think Mar-Vel will be in this?

At worst it would be just fun, but forgetable.

>from the directors of Half Nelson and Mississippi Grind

I'm interested, they're a weird choice for a cape movie. And I'll watch Larson in pretty much anything.

Part of me wants it too be good because then SYNERGY could kick in and make Carol less of an annoying cunt. Another part wants it to fail so this half-decade long push to make Carol the next WW blows up in Marvel's face.

It kind of stuns me that the lineup of next MCU films are Black Panther, Infinity Wars and Ant-Man and Wasp. Like, I remember waiting for the first Ant-Man out of morbid curiosity, but now the next year are MCU films that I have no idea what to expect.

It will be like all Marvel movies and be a copy/paste with the villain's name changed and some different locations. Carol will have to stop BIG ALIEN SHIP FROM FIRING THE LASER and then have a 5 minute fight with a big monstrous skrull. The end.

>I'm interested, they're a weird choice for a cape movie
I mean, the guy who did Homecoming did a film called Clown Car, and Ant-Man was a director who did Yes Man.

My hope? They alter Carol to be more liked by general audiences, but her fans hate it, but they make her like the version the fans hate.

Then again, her fans like her for simply being there.

>Clown Car

Cop Car. He also did a movie called Clown. Cop Car was breddy gud too, but I agree he was also a weird choice.

>and Ant-Man was a director who did Yes Man.

I think anyone who saw Down With Love knew that Reed had a way stronger visual eye then he normally showed.

>Part of me wants it too be good because then SYNERGY could kick in and make Carol less of an annoying cunt

There's no way she's going to either be the ball-stomping blood viking OR the LOL SPACE CAT meme one either.

It's going to be a totally new version, it's the only way they can sell her as a character to give a shit about.

Carol better be a lesbian and ship with Jessica.

>Lesbian
>Marvels first female lead solo super hero movie

Come on now.....

lesbians are socially acceptable, especially when they're conventionally attractive. plus it will one up DC.

the only problem is foreign markets. China probably won't go for it.

>>Film takes place in the 90's
>>If they case Jessica Drew, she'll be 20 years older when they catch up to modern day.

I am so thankful this will never happen.

>in the 90s before space, they are both in their 20s.
>later it is marvel still in her 20s and jessica as a hot 40 something.
>age gap yuri.
take my money.

I'm expecting Ant-Man/Doctor Stange levels of quality.

>20 years trapped unaging in the negative zone with nothing to do but each other

But, Carol and Jess have been having timeless lesbian sex in the quantum realm for the past 20 years!

Probably? Carol needs all of the supporting cast she can get. Plus if she's going to go hard on the Skrulls (who are the confirmed main antagonists) she's going to need to cooperate with the Kree and there should be at least one sympathetic Kree that she likes.

Jessica most likely will pop up in Spider-Man, Sony owns her ass.

If only to piss off Sup Forums

No, the DC Captain Marvel will be better

The best part of waking up is that brief moment when you don't remember who you are.

Didn't they announce a while ago that she would have a very different origin because the MCU people thought hers was too close to Green Lantern?

I think it might some weird half and half thing like with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

youtube.com/watch?v=5vRlJrkxsqo

>no muscles
>no dyke cut

it's shit already

>Short answer
No
>Long
NOOOOOOOO she can't handle a solo movie, that's why they put the Skrulls and Shield, nobody cares about Carol

Wondering if they're going to reduce Secret Invasion to something she and Nick Fury/SHIELD have to deal with back in the 90s.

She gets powered up early in the film when a Mar-Vell led Kree undercover team investigating rumours of a potential Skrull infiltration results in her getting caught in the crossfire and catching the dose of Kree DNA rabies. Silent dark-ops-type battles against the Skrull then ensue. At the end she has to massively overcharge to overcomes the final challenge (whatever it is) and she takes off for the stars before losing her mind and wrecking Earth. That takes care of the "where's she been?" questions and sets her up for Av4. Not ageing is a non-problem too, seeing as she's effectively half-Kree now. This can lead to all sorts of "am I still human?" type worrying later,

Fury buried the reports so deep afterwards because he thought there might be a few Skrull deep cover agents still on Earth that needed to be hunted down - but with Carol away doing the galaxy-wandering Binary thing he has no certain way of uncovering or killing them.

The sad truth is, it WILL make its money back if not stateside, then definitely overseas, particularly China, otherwise Michael Bay would be out of business. At minimum it will make Ant-Man levels of income, just enough to warrant a sequel.

Give the whole thing the same tone as the old UFO TV series.
youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY

>lesbians are socially acceptable
not everyone is a 13 year old boy or a dyke. go to sleep yurifag

It’ll be an awful quipfest that everyone will love and get a 100% fresh rating on RT.

If the movie becomes successful, we will probably get Ms.marvel in her sequel movie.

Yes but that doesn't mean Mar-Vell is out, just that he won't be her genetic donor.

No, because the whole reason Jess was made was to secure the Spider-Woman name and for that Marvel made a big case about the name belonged to them because they owned Spider-Man and thus she was a derivative of him.

And they did all that because some other company was going to do a Spider-Woman cartoon that was unrelated to Spider-Man and they went and beat them to it by doing a comic and a cartoon with Jess.

Also Sony can use that argument they made years ago as a reason for why she belongs with them.

>No sash
Fuck that, not interested

The costume will be nice at least

>TFW it actualy is good
>The absolute madmen did it

>a very different origin

How, even? Being part Kree is her whole schtick.

They'll just have her zapped by the psychemagnetron then - no need to have it be specifically a dna graft from Mar-Vell (and thus a 'knock-off superheroine' - the fav. kind of SJWs everywhere.)

Good? Unlikely. Profitable? Quite possibly.

Several things to keep in mind.
1) Whatever happens has to be small scale or hidden enough that Carol isn't well known.
2) The cast has to be made of disposable characters who have to age about 20+ years by the time the film ends.

It's really quite a pickle.

They can set the final showdown on the far side of the moon, Titan, Mars, etc. Making it somewhere unsafe for normal humans that only Carol can reach in time is enough.

De-aged SLJ as Fury, a younger Hank Pym and a very young Phil Coulson + faceless SHIELD nobodies.

>It's really quite a pickle.
Reminder that Carol is the MCU's equivalent of The Orville's Lt. Alara and can open her own jars of pickles.

that isn't something hard to achieve

I hope that at least for the small time they give Mar-Vell he is well represented there.

Tagline:
>Imma Gurl BTW!

Critical Consensus:
>OMG SHES A GRRL BTW!!!1 1000% Fresh

Box Office:
>$400m worldwide

DC shills:
>OH NONONONONO

It will be glorious days desu.

What I've heard from carol fans is that they like her because she's a fucking mess

after wonder woman's smash success I can't imagine they'll try something gritty like that with their flagship heroine

They hired Fleck and Boden, though.

How can you even suggest something so out of character user?

She'd kill the children first.

Here's how you do it.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90's, and is (hopefully) going to feature a lot of alien stuff. The way you make it work is to have her be the reason Fury pushes the Avengers Initiative. She fucks off into space to fight aliens and keep them away from Earth, and Fury is left trying to find a way to protect the planet without Carol.

"The world is filling with people who can't be matched."

>Marvel may keep itself to one alcoholic female protagonist
Tony has a dick

Salia first movie then Jess after.

Best way to introduce her to wider audience.
>show in retrospections what Mar-Vell could do with his powers
>show that achieving his level is actually hard as fuck, which will force Carol to actually try (make her fuck up few times)
>make her rely on others except for that one moment at the end when she defeats the big baddie

Seriously. That's it. All they need to do is to avoid creating a fucking Mary Sue, so the audience could actually care for that character and cheer for her. And since the movie takes place in the '90, it won't be big a stretch once she turns OP in Infinity War.

she better have perfect hair by the end of the movie

She's got the AA haircut right now.

Best Cpt. Marvel / Carol comics?

I dig this design and the costume. Can't wait

We'll be getting casting soon. Other than Mendelsohn any predictions/hopes?