One of these days, Alice

>Every year in the middle of the season, we say, “OK, this is it.” And we really thought that two seasons ago when we were doing all the PC Principal stuff. We were like, “This is it — we’re going to get run out of town with our middle finger up.” Because we felt the culture changing, and I think it still is on that track.

>The witch hunt is coming. Our day is coming. One of these days, out of nowhere, we’ll do something and they’ll go, “How dare you!” — and we’ll be done.

>But what people don’t realize is, we’ve thought this for 20 years. We’ve been ready for it. Our bags are packed in the car and we’re ready to go back to Colorado. And it’s cool, man.

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-despicable-me-trey-parker-20170630-htmlstory.html

So, who's ready for another 21 years of Trey Parker reminding us that the day when himself and Matt get thrown out of Hollywood for doing something way too controversial is just around the corner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDaQMBqqSE0
youtube.com/watch?v=p0IzCWxDzmk
youtube.com/watch?v=p8M2tg2RkIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I really don't see what they mean by this, not with these past few seasons anyway. They've barely done anything thats got people too riled up besides make a season that sucked arse.

This.
It's like how Marilyn Manson was shocking in 94 and in 2017 a snore. What was edgy 20 years ago is normalized today.

The thing that gets me is that he points out the PC Principle stuff as being the thing that gets them in trouble. To me it seems like the PC Principal is like the thing that makes it seem like the show has got a conscious rather than being the most provocative thing ever. It's weird.

Yeah, honestly they've gotten tamer since about season 14. The Zimmerman episode actually showed that they're not even really putting effort into what they're discussing anymore, which is exactly why people would bitch (because it would accurately mock their thing).

>Our bags are packed in the car and we’re ready to go back to Colorado
>Several years later.
>Trying on them crusty fucking clothes having left them in the trunk for the best part of a decade.

Can't say I envy either of them...

They don't mean it literally.
It most likely just means they've probably have rainy day fund when the entertainment industry doesn't work out for them.

They go outside and collect money whenever it rains? Wtf..

The whole point of South Park is that it's deliberately offensive and trying to upset everyone. If people still don't get that 20 years later, I don't know what to tell 'em.

Never happening at this point; Actually whats happening at this point is they are not really being that edgy anymore as they have assimilated into modern Hollywood.

>never made a joke about muhammad
>never made a joke about european liberals
>never mocked obama politics
>never mocked Israel unlike RIck and Morty,family guy,simpsons and american dad

South Park is less offensive to liberals than family guy and simpsons, please don't try to pretend that's a neutral show

If they intend to carry their vision until the bitter end, they have my full support and respect.

>oh wow look guys were so based!
>w-we can't make fun of Muhammad! Actually we will censor muhammad image to please muslims and sjws!

Oh wow, those guys are bigger faggots than a gay orgy.

They're pretentious fucks if they think what they're doing is a show stopper and totally getting people triggered. These past 2 seasons have been literally nothing in terms of trigger shit.

Matt and Trey are some of the only figures in Hollywood powerful enough to do things that are truly controversial, but they don't have the inclination to do so. Imagine if they did an episode about how the link between race and intelligence or the blacklisting of conservatives. Where was the James Damore episode, hrrrrmmm?

>never made a joke about Muhammed
They did, which lead to bomb threats and Comedy Central pretty much shutting down the episodes they tried it. After that I don't think they tried again.

They already gave up long ago, they want the money. Save your respect to people who deserve it otherswise your respect will bet worth shit.

What I don't get is why they are so angry at Donald Trump for doing the exact same thing they did expect applying it to a political campaign.

They didn't, muhammad was literally doing nothing, yet they still choose to censor the image because they're pussies, the guy who "threatened" them is a libtard muslim that say that making muhammad jokes was stupid and dangerous and still deny ever threatening them to this day.

Yeah, but the whole point of the thread is to point out that it's ridiculous that the two fuckos who created it are a pair of multi-millionaires who have a finger in every pie, but still go around yapping to the media about how "any day now we're gonna get run out of town for pushing too many buttons".

They've done everything from movies, to Broadway, to video games, and have what is by now one of the longest running shows in television history. They've made fun of everything under the sun. What they could they possibly do that would piss everyone off enough to get them thrown out of town at this point in their careers? It's not that the show isn't still provocative, offensive, or edgy, it's that that seems like such a redundant claim on their behalf by now.

>still deny ever threatening them to this day
>Executives get so afraid they bleep out over half the episode and then made sure to never air it again
wew
WEW
Real life more and more is getting more retarded than South Park ever was

Comedy Central forced them to.

>What they could they possibly do that would piss everyone off enough to get them thrown out of town at this point in their careers?
Go all in unironically supporting Trump and attacking celebrities attacking Trump;
Even then they might be alright with all their influence

Don't forget that south park made an entire episode against censoring and changing their own work after airing it.

Matt and Trey filmed themselves for 2 minutes in that episode doing a joke about never changing south park already aired episodes.

You can't be more morally defeated than that. Meanwhile Charlie Hebdo suffered a shooting and they're still making muhammad jokes to this day

Low hanging fruit. Why work when everything Trump does is a joke? I personally voted for Trump and get some jokes but all media is oversaturated with what he posts on Twitter and even then its just cherrypicking

South Park should've ended back with that episode of Stan seeing everything as shit, would've been a great black comedy ending

J U S T

And yet what was not a thing- like a rape joke, or talking about how you'd like to fucking tap dat ass- is now a huuuuuuuge fucking deal.

Do it then, Matt and Trey. Have a guy go up to a woman on the street, grope her tits, smack her ass, and say she's sexy. Make the entire episode about the woman trying to get it in court and get him sent to jail, but in the end after everyone keeps laughing her away throughout the episode, she realizes "I guess it wasn't that bad" and decides that men should have the right to do something like that. Don't even write it like a broken victim thing, make it her official decision. She continues to get groped and touched in public, sometimes even saying thanks.

Don't bother putting the kids in the episode because it's clear you don't give a shit about them anyway.

>arse

Do they watch South Park in Britain?

this lel, they don't have the balls to do that though

That dude is serving a lifetime prison sentence now by the way.

Watching the early South Park episodes is such a mindfuck because it shows how warped society has gotten in only 20 or so years

>never made a joke about muhammad

They did both of these.

Given the last few seasons, I can't tell if they're being sarcastic of if they're so far gone that they think any of it has been even remotely offensive enough for them to get run out of town.

Did they? Because I honestly don't remember. Was it during one of their shitty seasons that I would have remembered?

youtube.com/watch?v=oDaQMBqqSE0
Listening to this, I'm inclined to think it is the latter, but I could be wrong

>lmao Obama is too good to be true, he's probably a spy trying to steal a diamond or something

That's sucking his dick user

IIRC there was episode about Obama "allegedly" stealing votes that weren't for him during his re-election but I think it was more making a joke of China and Disney

I thought that was making fun of Mittens with the punchline being no one really gave a fuck?

>thinks PC Principal would offend everyone
>when his caricature is one of the most common jokes on the internet

Fuck if I know man, south park usually made fun of everything. I haven't even watched this season though since I can't stand Randy or Butters

They made a handful of jokes throughout his presidency about how despite his slogan was 'Change' he really didn't do much for most of it.

Not an entire fucking season plot like Trump but yeah, they did mock him a bit.

Family guy did show Chris and Miggie murdering everyone who was "PC" in school, I fail to see how is making a sjw a handsome badass dude "offensive"
youtube.com/watch?v=p0IzCWxDzmk
youtube.com/watch?v=p8M2tg2RkIQ

Are they ever going to relax with Trump or? Because if they just calmed down with him they probably could use Mr. Garrison for some fun plot points
>but how are we going to get to area 51?
>hold on, let me call an old friend of mine

>The two examples you provided don't fit my narrative, so i'll just pretend they don't count.

FTFY

>1:00 actual quote from yale student
Ok, that caught me off guard

They're touching on the most hostile issue right now that's getting people killed very often, but they're doing it in a way that's very mundane and shits more against the side that's being attacked rather than the side attacking, and they're not even doing that well enough to make it an issue. Their mindset is that since they have the hostile issue on their show, it's triggering and edgy.

>I'm desperate enough to defend those corrupt hypocrital businessmen to pretend that praising someone is making fun of them while everyone see how much of a faggot I am.
You're like a combination of snyderfag with mouseshill

And? All that tells us is that they're never going to be allowed to do something truly controversial.

The problem is, you have to make it funny, that just sounds depressing. That's what makes it seem even less likely they'd ever get asked to leave. How do you make something really funny that's also so fucked up it gets you cancelled? It sounds impossible, because you'd already have marched into weird, unpleasant territory long before you stopped being fun to watch. That's why it seems unlikely it's ever going to happen.

Mix in some "Niiicee...." from the cops, a couple remarks from the guy that groped her, and a few "offensive grope jokes" she sees on TV during a montage and that's about as much humor as you get in a modern SP episode.

They've barely even used Trump this season. And when they have, it's really just Mr Garrison, they're not even lampooning Trump most of the time.

>W-were still edgy and offensive guise, honest.

Good god these guys can't just admit they have become out of touch old men.

Well I suppose compared to the last season it's barely been used, though thats not much a challenge desu.
Also I'm not sure I agree with your second point

They're making fun of trump twitter comments, that's 100% trump

The only reason they turned garrison into trump was to make their fans use "is not a trump joke is a garrison one!" and it worked.

>hey're not even lampooning Trump most of the time
The whole "Put It Down" proves you're a liar fuck off

Come on Sup Forums,

These old men can't get thrown out of town...In fact..these fools aren't controversial at all!

Are you fucking retarded?
He was uncensored in super best friends.

I believe that was back before 9/11 when most of the western world didn't really give a shit about muslims. Not sure if its censored now though

Is censored and not airing anymore, nice try Matt aka damage control kike

I don't know, user. They clearly offended you.

Yes, it's quite popular too, it airs on fridays here, but I stay up on wednesdays to watch it on stream.

Name another mainstream show that's ever had him uncensored at some point?

It's banned

Family Guy

I really fucking wish our society would stop shaking in their boots around mudshits. They don't deserve protection and special treatment.

>Butters

How dare you

To be fair he's been kinda shitty recently

Are YOU fucking retarded?How is that making fun of Muhammad? He died? He did something funny or stupid?Criticism against his teachings or actions? Anything? No? Then is not making fun.

You say that, but it's unlikely shows like Ren and Stimpy wouldn't make it on to kid's TV today, whilst characters like 'Hello Nurse' would now be considered 'problematic'

My favorite negative Obama joke was when they showed him as a duck that spewed literal shit when he opened his beak. I think that was Stan's too old episode but I'm not sure.

Really? When?

Literally showing him is enough to get muslims assmad, they didn't need to do anything else.

>Are they ever going to relax with Trump or?

They've already stated how they're tired of Trump jokes already because literally everyone else is obsessed with getting their own shots in, so its low hanging fruit at this point.

Actually they said it's because Trump is funnier than anything they can come up with

Is there anything they can do that would warrant Hollywood blacklisting them and blocking them from creative work?

Put some effort into those shitposts, and there is a difference between saying a creator has changed because times have changed and being offended.

Unironically go full-on Sup Forums, without using Cartman as the mouthpiece, or stand ins like Space Jews.

>I-I'm not offended, guys! It's just that the creators have changed! That's right! They didn't hurt my feelings at all!

Talk shit about Muslims

>thinking that was matt and trey.
That was comedy cemtral.

These all seem like non sequiturs

If that's what you got out of it I think your might be retarded. It was just a silly episode that wasn't trying to say much at all.

Who cares? Better question may be why does Sup Forums constantly go out of its way to hate every celebrity they see?

Did you not watch #200?

>7 year old episode that was censored

Because it's filled with many people that have different opinions and they're likely to share their differing opinions at some point, meaning you eventually see hate for everything.

I doubt they changed their opinion, and the censorship wasn't up to them.

Whether or not they changed their opinion, they wouldn't dare go after the left's precious Muslim pets these days

But... these opinions... are incorrect...

You're assuming that because they haven't talked about a specific subject, they're just too scared to.

we're jealous that we aren't millionaires, making cartoons for a living and marrying strippers :(

Celebrity culture is like Christmas music: I'm indifferent about it until I have to fucking constantly hear it

It's stupid agenda anyway. If you're a comedian, your first and foremost desire should surely be to make people laugh and show them a good time, not to forcefully try and run the risk of leaving them all feeling uncomfortable for laughing at things that awkwardly toe the line between funny and just being "wrong" or whatever (which is totally evident from the response some people are having from the new game and some of the more recent episodes)

Ghostbusters is one of the best movies ever and there isn't a trace of edge humor in it. They should just set out to end the fucking thing in a meaningful way that rewards people's attention on some level like they did with the first movie. Considering all their success it's not asking too much.

what happened in the game

>Ghostbusters is one of the best movies ever and there isn't a trace of edge humor in it

Bullshit.

Agree 100%. Doing something so shocking that it gets you fired may be giving a middle finger to Hollywood, but it's also kind of a middle finger to the fans (many of which are obviously people who've stuck with it down through the years, and who would have grown and changed along with Trey and Matt). It only seems right to end on a cool, thoughtful note, so that people don't feel like they're time has been wasted.

>applying it to a political campaign.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say probably that bit.

A comedian has no duty or obligation to make everyone comfortable with their jokes.

Some girl calling Trey/Matt out for groping her when she was 17