Go on Sup Forums

>go on Sup Forums
>everyone says the new Punisher is trash
>decide to watch the show anyway
>it's actually pretty good

Most Sup Forums bitching about not enough Franking and Frank fightinging the gummit instead of mafias/common thugs.

Three episodes in and it's pretty great as a Frank character study. The action scenes are well executed but they're definitely sparse so far. If you were expecting John Wick I can see why you'd be disappointed.

>why didn't he kill more people wahhhhhhh
Just Sup Forums being Sup Forums

Same m8

Bingo. These retards wanted Punisher killing someone every scene and don't realize how tiring that would be. The violence is far more pointed and powerful because it's sparse and used carefully

Yeah dude cause John Wick was just a tiring movie. No one liked that.

I liked this season a lot. I just wish Frank wore the skull more often. But the times he wore it were great. Really hate that fucking haircut though.

Jon Bernthal is fucking boss as Frank too. He's on par with Charlie Cox as DD. I never got tired of watching Frank on the screen.

>do Frank’s origin story in Daredevil
>repeat origin story for 13 more episodes
>Frank tears the skull up in episode 1
>he doesn’t put it on again until the finale
>he doesn’t Frank criminals, just feds because fuck DRUMPF and fuck white people
>everyone else’s acting
Get fucked, all of you.

Not him. Are you seriously comparing an over an hour and half movie with a 13 hour tv series?

my bigger issue
>DD season 2
"Frank is stuck in a moment in time, he can never get over the death of his wife and kids and constantly relives it"
>Punisher S1 (spoilers obviously)
"Eh, i'm mostly over this and am trying to re-join society by the end."

Tv shows aren’t meant to be binged.

What does length have to do with your entire speculative comment? You stated people would get bored of him rampaging, I replied with a counter argument of a franchise where that is what the MC does and people love it.

Sure if you are squeamish maybe, but then you shouldn't be watching Punisher.

Haven't started it yet but the fact that the loudest criticism is coming from crybaby perma-triggered Sup Forumsand Sup Forums posters leads me to believe it's probably pretty good.

This is not the netflix expectation

>just feds because fuck DRUMPF and fuck white people
I'll take things that were never implied in the show for 200 alex.

get fucked yourself user and stop projecting. Your first four points were spot on though.

As someone who browses Sup Forums, I have to say GO BACK TO Sup Forums FAGGOT. A rogue CIA agent and a corrupt PMC doesn't equal Trump/white people hate. Everyone with a brain knows the CIA and PMCs do shady and questionable shit on the daily.

>projecting

The loudest arguments are coming from comic readers you limp dicked fag. We wanted Ennis and we got a soap opera starring Frank Castle.

>comparing a 1hr 40min film to a 13hr series

Yeah I love the intense animalistic energy constantly brewing in him. All his little tics like his constantly darting eyes and inability to stay still for a minute is brilliant character acting

>my enjoyment of a fiction hinges on the presence of a costume
Capefag mentality, everyone

>managing to see anti-trump propaganda in a show that has nothing to do with him

God damn. Let me be clear:

Sup Forums : Comics & Cartoons.

Punisher is a comic book. With amazing source material and storylines that would have been great if adapted to live action.

The Netflix Punisher is a very loose adaptation of anything Sup Forums related.

It gets shit on precisely because of that. Disappointment from fans who where expecting a more faithful adaptation to the character(s) they know and love.

Characters who have in fact been written a LOT better than this show.

The show in itself is decent / good enough depending on your taste.

Eh the show was mediocre. Not a lot happening and no one cares about the stupid government conspiracy, was kinda played out in DD season 2.

Every time Frank went over to Micro's family it was awkward and slowed down the story. I cringed seeing the wife fall for Pete in front of her husband.

If they took out that Hot Persian Karen, focused more on Frank killing/torturing, and reduced the Micro's family drama, this could have been so much better.

Not to mention the PTSD kid took up at least a hour of screen time and was so god damn boring. No one cares about that in a Punisher show.

Yeah , about that...

>"mostly over this"

Did it seriously look like he was over it to you?
If anything he started punishing himself over it because of a newfound sense of guilt

I think the fucktards here didn't like it because they expected something much more fast-paced. Comics are super compressed and therefore there's some franking almost every other page, but the writers actually build up to the franking, and so did this series. I'm happy with it. My body is ready for S2.

>First episode.
>"Fuck yes, a Marvel Netflix show where we don't need to go through all that origin bullshit and he can just start off already being "The Punisher" and wearing the skull!"
>Burns the skull almost immediately.

Six episodes later and I'm having difficulties motivating myself to continue.

Fuck I forgot about that. I get that it was a PSA on PTSD and the dangers of it going unchecked, but it felt so jarring when they switched back to that story line. Punisher is not the worst Netflix Marvel show, but is about on par with Luke Cage second half which is pretty meh.

Thinking about it DD, and Luke Cage first half are the only actual "good" Marvel netflix series. The rest have been bland, except IF that was just a disappointment.

I totally would've Frank'd her. Guess Frank is a better man than me.

Frank only loves Franking.... and Captain America.

Luke Cage did nothing for me honestly. Daredevil S1 is incredible.

>Everyone with a brain knows the CIA and PMCs do shady and questionable shit on the daily.
And? What did that ever have to do with Frank? I mean before this shitshow.

Yeah, about that...

Luke Cage started off with so much promise. It had the right mix of comic book cheesiness and action. Then the second half/origin/recovery arc happened and things went to shit quick.

DD sans Karen is great. Honestly makes me want a Moon Knight series, and then a Marvel Knights series.

man I'm halfway through the show and I can feel Micro's anxiety watching Frank spending time with his wife as it was my own

the tension is too much

Honestly have to be selective about the opinions you take from Sup Forums pal.

She's incredibly sexy. I don't know how Frank did it.

It's not just Sup Forums. It has a 67% on RT and most reviewers are saying its boring and terribly paced.

He has gone against both in the comics multiple times

If you want opinions about a non comic book show like this one, go to Sup Forums.

I can't imagine anything being more tiring than Punisher TV.
Also, DD2 did OG Punisher and it was good all the way though.

Irrelevant. They never had anything to do with his family’s death before now.

67% on RT means that it's good. Not omg best movie ever, but a solid choice if there's nothing else going on, and you might even get hooked on it if you like it.

he was punishing himself over it at the start. By the end he's going to a fucking support group. He's come to grips that he feels more at home in a war zone than he did with his wife. How is that not getting over it?

Mate I dont know what school you went to but that is a D. Aka watch it if you have literally nothing else to watch.

>We wanted Ennis
The guy who is constantly putting Frank against military and ex military killers and spends the most time with Frank navel gazing on his life?

I wish I could slap Sup Forums sometimes.

>He hasn´t read Punisher Max by Garth Ennis

Ennis built up to that. He started with mobsters and eventually went there. This show is doing the exact opposite. I guess they knew this would be the only season with the Disney embargo happening soon but they didn't leave themselves a lot of room to continue Frank's story.

>He started with mobsters
Often only for all of six seconds before escalating.

And honestly there's plenty of room for Frank's story. Frank being aware that he's an addict for war is something that never really stopped him from waging it.

After having watched the entire thing I can conform it's not worth it. The show is just dull as shit. I don't care about Micro and his family. I don't care about trying to flesh Frank out by seeing how many faux-introspective lines he can gruffly mumble out. I'm tired of this dingy fucking baseent they spend half the goddamn series in. I don't care about the hot Muslim. All the characters are garbage.

It really is just a colossal failure. Must have been pretty chap to shoot though. Do yourself a favor and skip ahead to the last half hour of the last episode for the underwhelming climactic battle.

The point is they backpedaled from DD S2. In that they had Frank wage war on crime and set up that he'd never stop. Cut to this show and they have him burn the skull in episode 1 and go after his family's killers yet again. There was no need to jump straight to this and narratively it makes no sense. If anything you set up the government's involvement at the end of this season, after having Frank go balls to the wall on crime in NY. It was just a really weird and disjointed way to continue the story they started.

He hasn't read any comics. Sup Forums is easy to spot.

it's a very mediocre spy thriller, and not a very good Punisher show besides

out of the house

Do the people behind this show have a cuckolding fetish or something?

well they are Sup Forumsrefugees so yeah

i come from Sup Forums tho

micro has cameras there too

Guess I'll ask here since I don't think it deserves its own thread: Is Defenders even remotely worth a watch? I'm only interested in it for the DD and Punisher related material, if any.

I don't think Punisher is in Defenders.

>being embarrassed of your source material is a positive quality for a show
Sup Forums, everyone

No Punisher.
Some plotlines in DD get further development.
Definitely has some worthwhile moments.

You mean 13 hour long episodes right? It's not a 13 hour long movie you retard.

>I can't tell the difference between the word tv series and movie
No user, you are the retards.

Too bad moments like that were few and far, FAR, between. I really wanted to like this series, but it dragged on way too long.

I mean Not-Nuke's subplot wasn't even necessary to the bigger plot. There's a lot of fat that could have been trimmed here and I believe that it was left in just to fill the 13 episode season format. Personally, I think they should have just kept it to Billy Russo and Micro with the evil government thing being a backdrop for it all. Also a few scenes with Micro and Frank taking out a few street level criminals during the down time would have helped the pacing considerably. (Like they could've adapted this scene for example. Micro picks it up while trolling the deep web or some shit and Frank decides someone needs a Franking. There, easy.) I did appreciate the Ennis-esque scene with the army guy getting dominated by the black lady. That felt like a scene straight out of Marvel Knights because of how ridiculous it was. I'm sure people probably hated it though, and I guess I can't argue with them if they do.

Other than that it's pretty dull outside of a handful of moments, and I'm gonna be one of those fags and say that the series shouldn't be called "The Punisher" if he's only the Punisher for two episodes. I still hold out hope for season two though because I did like the way they went the Harvey Dent route with Billy Russo instead of having him be some random wiseguy that Frank is expected to care about for no real reason like in the comics.

>imfuckingplying
It's coming from actual fans of the punisher that want him to be the Punisher and not "generic revenge PTSD Military antihero 37"

Who gives a shit?

Already used le edgy quote in the Stevenson movie

You have shit taste. Fuck off

No retard, episodes have their own individual pacing and could easily be filled with tons of fight scenes without getting boring. You treating it like it would be 13 straight hours of fighting shows that YOU are the one that can't differentiate between them

My point is that you can't compare a tv series with a movie you autistic cunt.

except Netflix Marvel is basically a series of 13-hour movies

Ennis did not have the government murder Castle's family to kill him. Criminals did in a random gun fight. That's what made Frank Castle the Punisher. A vigilante. You change that, then you change the entire character.

Netflix already gave us his origin story on Daredevil. It was perfect. All they had to do was continue from there. But Netflix decided to retcon everything and create a second origin story, with the CIA murdering his family to kill him. What garbage. They turned Castle into a cheap Jason Bourne knockoff.

people who wanted a good Punisher series

Except you can, they're both storytelling mediums that use the same foundations. There's a reason why directors, producers and writers who have success in one often have success in both

>dude who cares lmao
Just watch Bayformers or something jesus

>Frank tears the skull up in episode 1
Now this is just blatantly untrue. He sets it on fire and watches it burn in a garbage can

>But Netflix decided to retcon everything and create a second origin story, with the CIA murdering his family to kill him.
Didn't Schoonover hint at that in Daredevil?

Yes he did.

>CIA
The dude is part of the CIA but in reality everyone involved was mercenary.

>Rawlins
>Schoonover
>the colonel getting dommed
>Homeland Security guy
that's at least 4 people who weren't mercenaries

I'd have been happy with a Valley Forge moment, Frank holding his ground against Afghan insurgents while his team evacuates.
Maybe Rawlins is the one who refuses to go back to get him, hoping they'd finish Frank off, but Billy and Colonel Lex do it anyway the day after. They fly in to Frank surrounded by dead bodies, covered in blood and wounds but some how still standing.