Voice Artists that really don't change the range of their voice, but still get lots of work

Voice Artists that really don't change the range of their voice, but still get lots of work.

In his case it seems the characters are made just for his voice in mind.

I couldn't really put a Michael Ironside or Clancy Brown since they seem to have a wider range depending on the character and sometimes use sound editing effects to complete the voice.

Any other VA's that just pretty much talk normal and still sell a character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8WPQPLB_fJA
youtube.com/watch?v=q-d8mJh8hLI
youtube.com/watch?v=9crAnfDgKE8
youtube.com/watch?v=Emkm8G3EdW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since when did Putty voice Superman?

If you think Kronk and Brock sound the same you're an idiot.

>forgetting jon h benjamin

what? he's like the main guy who does that.

youtube.com/watch?v=8WPQPLB_fJA

This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen

Brock and Kronk couldn't be any more different.

One is a retard, and the other is more bad ass than all the superheros of DC and Marvel combined. But they still sound alike.

Warburton and Godfrey are both VAs whose voice is SO DISTINCTIVE you have to craft the character around the voice.
Good thing Warburton's deep voice is great in a lot of settings.

Imagine living in a world where Gilbert Godfrey got as much voice work as Warburton.

He'd just voice every shrew jew possible and then some.

Nolan North is the epitome of same voice. The only times I've ever heard him change his voice was for Penguin and the Krang, and the only reason those were different was because one had a cockney accent and the other spoke in a monotone.

Brendon.

it's a real shame too, since Nolan CAN voice act, they just don't make him.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-d8mJh8hLI

I can't even imagine a world where I didn't read this post in his voice.

Same voice everytime. No subtle changes in tone, nothing. Always the same.

Nigger are you kidding me
When he's not doing a main character he does all kinds of shit

For when you just don't give a fuck what your character sounds likes.

How about listing examples instead of doing the equivalent of "Oh my god, I cannot even right now!"

Jerry loves the The Adventures of Superman tv show from the 50s.

I honestly would like to see Patrick reprise Superman or even take a stab as Batman based off his Brock Sampson.

I mean he's one of those guys that does tons of background characters and that's where most of his career is, like Tom Kenny

Godfrey fakes that voice you know.

Should these even count? While they do do voice over work, they do lots of other stuff in the entertainment industry like stand-up and live-action. Voice-acting isn't their primary field.

Guilmon says hi.

pretty much this, studios get nolan north, become enamored with his nolan north voice, and neglect his range

he voices about a dozen dota heroes and all of them sound distinctive

Nolan does have a nice regular voice that works for a lot of roles. But OP isn't asking who sucks at VA. He's asking who can sell characters using their normal voice. Nolan fits like a glove.

What the fuck is dota?

no shit he does, but its still what he's known for

it's a vidya game user

north has done a bunch of work for valve, including tf2 and dota 2

in fact he fills in for 2 or 3 tf2 vas now that they're getting too old for the role

i thought op was asking for vas that get a bunch of work despite not changing their voice, not vas that would still get a bunch of work if they hypothetically didn't change their voice

He was pretty good as engineer in that one tf2 short.

No surprise I haven't heard of it. Videogames are for children
nah I'm kidding. Looking into it this dota game does sound really fun. I'm gonna give it a try

just a warning: of the games in its genre, it's easily one of the hardest to get into

i personally feel its character design work, voice acting, and all-characters-unlocked pricing model make up for that, but just know that you'll pour a lot of hours if you want to git gud

eventually all the old actors will die and it'll just be scout's va and 6 nolan norths

>read that as "imagine a world where everyone has the voice of gilbert gottfried"

*godfrey

John Dimaggio. Literally every voice he does is "Bender but..."

>Imagine living in a world where Gilbert Godfrey got as much voice work as Warburton

Does working for a decade in a half voicing a Jew bird count as a lot of voice work?

>No subtle changes in tone, nothing.
Bob and Jimmy Junior sound different.

yep 5:15
youtube.com/watch?v=9crAnfDgKE8

I didn't know until my second run-through of the series that he was both Coach Mcguirk and Jason

youtube.com/watch?v=Emkm8G3EdW8

I thought it was real up to a few months ago.

don't forget that cop from Chicken Little

Steve Blum, John DiMaggio

It goes without saying

It's more of an exaggeration of his normal voice.

>Voice Artists that really don't change the range of their voice, but still get lots of work.
If you have a real unique and robust voice, you don't need to change anything. Its a real blessing.

Well that was certainly something.