Is it possible to do him right in film?

Is it possible to do him right in film?

It requires clever writers, a charismatic actor who can play a good narcissist, and the importance of not turning him into an edgy Jigsaw knockoff

No.

But you’d have to make Batman an actual genius rather than just a smart bruiser with money and a clever butler.

No Batman movie yet has made his intelligence his greatest strength to the degree he’s worthy of the title “World’s Greatest Detective”. That’s necessary for Riddler to work.

It was best done in pic related.

Riddler is his least threatening villain, but his most challenging. Batman goes after him not because he’ll destroy the city, but because he’s a criminal the cops can’t catch. Riddler goes after Batman because he wants to beat him and be superior.

Considering TAS didnt even use hin that much because he is extremely difficult to write well, i doubt we will ever get a good version of the Riddler on the big screen, if ever again

Fuck I loved that episode.

And it might be cool if we got a batman who focused more on the detective aspects.

not while its under WB

I do so like it when people speak of my brilliance, and not have to worry about that confounded Bat showing up to rain on my parade.

The two problems are this: if you write a clever enough story for Batman VS Riddler movie, the studio will force you to use the Joker instead and you’ve wasted a brilliant story on a DC movie instead of your own non-franchise project that will only ever be associated with you.

if you have him orchestrate a conflict between batman and another villain yeah
like hush but not shit

>And it might be cool if we got a batman who focused more on the detective aspects.
Every one wants that. I'm so tired of detective comic being focused on the "bat family".

Not so fast Riddler!
You may think you fooled everyone into thinking this was a normal thread, but I see through your dastardly and devious devices!

You pose as a question:
"Is it possible to do him right in film?"
You phrase this as a positive question, suggesting that it is expectedly impossible to do him right in film.
That must mean it IS possible to do him "left" in film!

Now "film." One might expect you would mean "motion picture," but I am not so fooled by your devilish tricks. The word "film" actually comes from the ancient Greek word "pelma," meaning sole of the foot.
"Sole"
Or should I say, "Seoul"?

And I cannot help but notice that you say "him." Most people would take this to mean a nondescript male individual, but I know you Riddler! "HIM" is actually an acronym, which stands for Human Interface Module. Like the one I have right here on my bat-smartphone!

You plan to steal the design plans for the new flagship Human Interface Module left in the Samsung R&D lab in Seoul Korea!
Don't worry, I think you'll find interpol has already been alerted to your little plot when you get there. Nice try, Riddler!

RATFINK SONUVABITCH!
FUCK THIS, I'M MOVING TO FLORIDA

Holy methamphetamines Batman!
*slams fist into palm*

lol

This never gets old.

I think the problem is any Batman movie has to be a huge blockbuster THING and Batmans villains work best in small introspective stories, that's why BTAS nailed most of the villains better than any of the movies did.

Jim Carrey did him right in Batman & Robin.

How does he keep doing it?!

>I dont read comics: the post

The Riddler started a war against the Joker and won. He caused the deaths of hundreds

He also killed a shit ton of people and practically ruined Gotham for one whole year in Zero year.

He is one of the biggest threats for Gotham and its citizens.

I love the ending. Him shouting from his Arkham cell trying to know how Batman escaped his trap that he planned down to the last detail.

Are you being fucking serious? He was the best part of their movie, but neither him or Tommy Lee Jones did their own characters justice.

King and Snyder’s Riddler is complete and utter shit

Yes, but its Canon™

Bring back Jim for another movie!

>He is one of the biggest threats for Gotham and its citizens.
Yeah, but Gotham is a shithole. Any idiot with a knife or gun can stumble his way to the top of the criminal pecking order if they've got enough gumption.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Jim Carrey for next Joker?

I want this now. Just a ballsy asshole who doesn't know what he's doing makes his way to the top of Gothams underworld after icing Thorne or Falcone or Black Mask or whoever the jobber mob boss of the week is by stabbing them to death. Batman then takes them down in hilariously easy fashion.