The Incredibles

>heroes get banned
>supervillains all disappear too
How did that happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Highlander.

A superhero will fight you on even terms, beat you up, and throw you in jail.

A cop will just shoot you and say it was self-defense.

I mean, what's even the point?

Shoot to kill policy?
This would clean up 99% of the Gotham supervillain problems too.
I mean, Bomb Voyage is a foreign terrorist bomber, he'd last a day in a Patriot Act America.

I'm guessing that at the first sign of meta activity they take them down instead of actually waiting for them to go full villain.

Or alternatively, there could only be one.

Well I mean, the entire situation that lead to the banning of superheroes makes no legal sense either. Good Samaritan laws exist specifically to prevent "Sued for saving your life" situations like the one Mr. Incredible got in to.

Probably got arrested with the police.

Is there even a superhuman villain shown in the Incredibles universe?
Bomb Voyage
Syndrome
Underminer
All these guys are just Luthoresque assholes with equipment.

The probably put a hero or two on the payroll and off all the villains systematically.

They probably had some heroes work with the government to help take them down.

Well, they were also causing destruction of buildings. Also, this probably took place those laws were enacted

When was the last time that ever worked in a cape universe?

They all gave up because it's just no fun if you dont have a superhero to try and stop you.

So the ban should have stayed?

Special Ops Mr. Incredible movie never.

That and this for cartoons:
youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

I always wanted that clip to end with "Ah, I see." And then without another word, Magneto starts tossing cars around and killing cops. Ben turns to Reed and is like "You just couldn't stop from flappin' your lips an' braggin' about how smart you are for two lousy minutes, could you?"

Roll credits as a series of explosions are heard in the distance.

>magnets don't work on wood

The government was already strictly managing the supers before they got banned so they probably made sure the villains either went “missing” or started working for them

It's the old batman theory; the only reason the joker and other batman villains exist is because batman is around.

Common sense hero control often leads to a drop in crime.

Most of them ain't bulletproof

Plus, they worked for the government
Those that protested probably had their families and loved ones threatened

on the other hand, how come the government didn't enlist superheroes as soldiers/cops? I'm sure mr.incredible wouldn't mind training to be a cop for a few months to continue being a superhero, especially if it means getting payed for it as well.

Maybe it's just artstyle but Underminer looks a bit less than human.

It's basically implied in the extras thing that several of the heroes weren't actually very good people at all and very easily could have been villains if not given direction and sponsorship from the government.

Most no more Batman stories usually have less crazy overpowered supervillains running around but far more regular criminals

bad PR

>the words you wrote
what the fuck you on about boy

Governments don't have no-kill policies.

Gamma Jack admitted to kill the villains he fought.

No good samaritan law, clearly. Or maybe it is by definition to humans and their world doesn't consider super humans as "human". Enough of a genetic difference.

Not to mention by the time the film took place laws were in place that would immediately put the guy in psychiatric care.

They had no one to fight

He might not be. His hands are robotic.

>Syndrome

I've always subscribed to the idea that he was super-intelligent but he failed to recognize it.

does the sequel pick up from the first movie or that gba game?

Too many costs and damages, that effects the community and one fucker who wanted to kill himself didn't wanna be save. It's obvious that it was a plan at some point in fact seeing how he immediately wanted to sue Mr. Incredible.

But everyone else actually got killed by their costumes or got put in jail by doing stupid shit with their powers or better yet got killed by Syndrome's bs.

Nah. The sequel picks up probably after the battle with Underminer and where Bob finds out that Jack Jack has powers.

Gamma Jack better be the villain in the sequel.

>Extreme Narcissist
>Meta-human Supremacist
>Killed the villains he fought
>Was one of if not the most powerful super during his time (absolute power corrupts absolutely kind of thing)

Perfect villain formula right there and there's no way Syndrome killed him, he had to have gotten away or faked his death.

>shoot to kill would solve Gotham problems
It would not the city is Litterally build over a hell spawn gate. It's a horrible place.

I think Meta Man was stronger.
>Super strength
>X-ray vision
>Magnetic manipulation
>Sonic screaming
>Teleportation
>Partial invisibility
>Communication with aquatic mammals.

I can't remember, did Bob actually lose the suit?
I thought that it was just a PR nightmare and the government settled instead to make it go away.

>Perfect villain formula right there and there's no way Syndrome killed him, he had to have gotten away or faked his death.
Or they could just make up a new villain instead of justifying an asspull from the beginning.

Maybe but he also was really dumb and died to a fucking elevator.

this is the most likely outcome. Mr. Incredible yelling back at the guy on television certainly did not help defuse the tension

Just shoot the hellgate then.

Batman doesn't use guns, man.

Just have Red Hood or Batwoman or Gordon or anyone else not butthurt about guns do it.

It seems like most Incredibles supers can be killed very easily

Most of them were still normal humans with powers.

Bob and Helen's abilities to take more damage than usual was probably really rare. They can still die but you really have to try because Bob can handle a shitton of punishment, and Helen is very skilled/experienced so she can probably dodge/take a lot of physical damage as long as she has the stretchiness turned on (e.g. in case of surprise attacks).

Bob had max Indestructibility ratings and he was still cut by an Omnidroid.

Powerlevels in the Incredibles universe are pretty low compared to most other cape stuff.

>Bob had max Indestructibility ratings and he was still cut by an Omnidroid.
I was thinking mostly about blunt force trauma.

A normal human getting smacked by an Omnidroid would die of having every bone in their body broken and internal organs turned to smush.

>never came up with giving caps break away latches
>NO CAPES

I fucking hate normies and how they regurgitate that line.

haha so after the gba game then? that's like perfect.

That is a really odd set of powers, it's like they just picked a bunch of random powers from a hat when choosing his powers but yeah op please nerf.

Dude chugged a Liter of mayonnaise, If that isn't Indestructibility I don't know what else do you want

I think it would be a good inversion on the villain formula of the first movie. And they just say he somehow developed the power to reformat his atoms after being destroyed but never realized it until after his death.

>Gordan rapes the Hell Gate
Perfect

Helen can survive the incredick yet she has very low indestructibility stats

Vaginas are already indestructible.

Literally "Sky High."

>minimum thickness 1mm

She's resistant to some things, like blunt trauma and being tied in a knot, but not particularly resistant to other things, like being cut, burned, exploded, or shot. Hence the emphasis on those things in the new suit demo.

as of the ending of the first movie, the ban is still on effect. The underminer just happened to appear in the right moment.