Is an academy setting the best setting?

is an academy setting the best setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildungsroman
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what is that

good potential gone to waste

Nick Spencer's abandoned children.

Has Nick ever finished anything that wasn't cancelled?

Ehhhh it's home of overused tropes, both western and eastern

I dropped this when one of them time traveled and ended up as a teacher or some shit

what's happened since...is it even still going or did it finally end/get cancelled?

It's been a while since I stopped reading this. How did it end?

Marvel Comics.

japan do it all the time and it's going great for them

Damn right it is.

yes. it mathematically is.

1. teenagers are full of promise.
2. academy is a source of learning, so characters innately have progression.
3. No parents. Parents basically kill any story they are in, since, the question "why aren't the parents dealing with this situation" is always asked. Away at academy, gives a reason for the focus to be on those characters, without murdering the parents. Which is why "orphan" is also so popular.

if you are a teenager with daddy and mommy issues maybe. The more stupid the reader, the less likely they are to be able to care about things that they can relate in their daily life.

good post

A mixture of diverse personalities who would normally not interact are now forced to be together.

I got sick of the bullshit twists in this series pretty quickly, but it had very cummable art.

>Which is why "orphan" is also so popular
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bildungsroman

As a manga fan, no. I genuinely wish it was outlawed, or at the very least, shunned.

It didn't, it just dwindled away into nothingness

>3. No parents. Parents basically kill any story they are in
Isn't it past your bed time, Numbuh 1?

it didn't, it stopped halfway through with way more questions than answers and hasn't started up again.

bump