Detective Comics #969 Storytime

Fall of the Batmen part one!

Other urls found in this thread:

www104.zippyshare.com/v/lxX2q8gF/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SOMEONE KILL THE BATFAMILY AND MAKE DETECTIVE STORIES IN A GRIM ATMOSPHERE PLEASE

Where's Barbara when you need her

>the photos

What the hell happened to the editor in this issue? This is the wrong Batwing and Tim is in orange and white for a second i thought they were foreshadowing the next costume but he is still in the old boring one in this issue

>how about an army of people Batman defeated on his own multiple time

Nobody needs Barbara.

Happier, just getting to spend time again with Cass”

Couldn’t you show and not tell?

This is... not a great look

Wow, looks like Clayface didn’t convince her to drop the criminal angle.

Who is the guy in white supposed to be?

I like to think batman hates it.

Only Diana and Hal seems to enjoy what they are reading tbqh

because we really needed more victim syndicate and their retardation

> she didn't pick him up.

One job Stephanie.

On the plus side maybe Kate does something to Stephanie in this.

why are all the robins such ungrateful cunts

It's basic fucking storytelling.

They are literally doing both.

>that Clayface
Jesus

Really? Damn, I must have missed the scene where they actually interacted.

The mayor is so right. This batfamily has to end. And stop using kids!!!

>ratcatcher

>Detective Comics #969

Wait a minute, so all of the pre-52 stuff is canon again? Is that what rebirth is, combining pre-52 stuff with the new stuff?

I really, REALLY like that if that's the case, I haven't really been keeping up with rebirth stuff.

What makes you think she isn't Clayface's inside man in the Syndicate?

>Wait a minute, so all of the pre-52 stuff is canon again?
No, they just brought back the old numbering for Detective Comics and Action Comics. We're still in the N52 canon.

What the fuck are you saying? She's fucking fuckable.

Bottom left would make a great reaction image.

The arc where they were introduced was shit.

That's fucking confusing and I don't see the point in that if your not combining the old stuff with the new, why would they continue with the numbering system if it's not related to it canon-wise.

god the art in this was toilet

>Killer Moth is still a jobber

That's lame but at least they're trying to do the whole anti-batman thing with him trying to create a protection racket for criminals and such even if he still doesn't seem that competent.

Yes, let’s trust the psycho. What could possibly go wrong?

Because issue #1,000 of Detective and Action Comics will both sell like cocaine laced hotcakes.

>You were the Chosen one! You were supposed to destroyed the Batwoman, not join her!

Detective Comics 969 (2018) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www104.zippyshare.com/v/lxX2q8gF/file.html

Does the mayor things that Batman can do everything and be everywhere? Specially considering how weird Gotham can be?

I kind of like Moth as a jobber, I think it works for him and sets him apart from the dozens of other "anti-Batmans." Plus his best story imo is Batgirl Year One and his whole shtick there was to be way over his head with Firefly,

Some of the pre-New 52 Superman stuff did happen. And in reality, much of Batman's history is reasonably the same except highly compressed, with his ridiculous, I go through a New-Robin-Every-Year-Or-Two and Adopt-At-The-Drop-Of-An-Orphan shit.

It's not too hard to pretend that Batman is still on the old timeline. Other than the fact that Barbara is Batgirl again (which can pretty easily be headcanoned an explanation) not much has changed.

Gotten a bit buff there, Tim

Has any comic ever had an issue 1000 before?

Reminds me of sexy Squidward.

Sure. Not a lot but they exist; mostly old serials that get published in some sort of ongoing magazine

Which Mayor was Batman framed for murdering? I thought it was Hill.

When did Clayface get put in Arkham?

>I kind of like Moth as a jobber.
It's the same fucking joke over and over again.
>I think it works for him
Being a jobber leaves him with zero potebtial and depth. You can only tell one story with him as a jobber.
>it sets him apart from other anti-Batmans
Most anti-batmans are jobbers you fucking moron.
>Plus his best story imo is Batgirl Year One
Probably the only story you read with him.

>Grundy and Zsasz
>team members

Fits the writing.

They're drinking Duff beer

It's a weekly so different strokes and all, but 2000AD broke 2000 progs a bunch of months ago. And of course, Commando is at like 5000+, though some of those are reprints.

kek

>Killer Moth is in here.
I would love to see what he's doing but it's literally almost physically impossible for me to read even a page of Tynion's writing.

I know this will sound like a cop out, but not every villain needs to be extremely deep; Moth serves a perfectly fine role as a side villain. Before he became his modern incarnation he was a pretty generic bad guy with a ridiculous costume. This at least finds him a niche that is kind of unfilled in Gotham. Also I have read a number of bronze age moth stories, but go ahead and justify anyone disagreeing with you as "you just haven't read it!"

I think he lost it and attacked some people...idk.

>This at least finds him a niche that is kind of unfilled in Gotham.
Yeah because who jobs to the Batman? It's not like Lego Batman had an entire joke about how Batman has a whole collection of Loser villains.

>it's a let's try to arrest batman episode

Gotham civilians are just as bad as Marvel civilians, not all of DC civilians, just the ones who are stupid enough to live in Gotham.

>but not every villain needs to be extremely deep;
Puddles have more depth than Jobber Moth. Being a one note joke limits you and what writers can do with you. Jobber Moth stories, if you can even call them that, is Killer moth get made fun of.

Killer Moth was the original anti-batman tho and he's a lot more interesting then the likes of Promoetheus or Wrath, both of which are essentially just mirrored versions of Batman, Moth on the other hand is/was motivated to prove a point that anyone can do what Batman does and did so pretty well having his own Moth-Cave, Mothmobile and pretty much everything else Bruce has just by running a protection racket and getting payed to protect criminals. Why they dropped all of that to make him a joke villain jobber is beyond me.

It's actually really sad considering how much Moth had going for him in the beginning, he could've been one of Batman's top rogues like he was intended to be if they just put a little effort in.

>his modern incarnation is a generic bad guy with a ridiculous costume.
FTFY.
>I have read a number of bronze age moth stories.
I don't think you have user.

goddamit give my boy a win

Gotham's civilians are just victims stuck in the middle of Batman's personal war against crime and corruption
They would be fine if he didn't try to stop criminals, we had multiple issues about this

is there a speech bubble behind his speech bubble?

>Yeah because who jobs to the Batman?
There's more to his character than just being a jobber. Most jobbers are theoretically god fighters, but then lose in order to make the main guy look good. Moth's thing is that only he thinks he's great but is kind of a joke.

There are plenty of one note villains, not everyone needs to hold an entire 6 issue arc. Moth works best when used in conjunction with other, more threatening baddies.

His overconfidence and obvious lack of skill does not make him generic, just a comic (as in funny) character; I don't think you know what that word means. It's fine if you don't believe me, but it doesn't change the fact that I have.
>inb4 name 5 of Killer Moth's albums

Show of hands, who would still read this trash if not for the faint hope of seeing Cass and Based Basil each issue?

>There's more to his character than just being a jobber.
Like what?

>They would be fine if he didn't try to stop criminals
This is bullshit and just because Tynion doesn't know shit about comics not written in the 90s doesn't change that fact.

Think about what a jobber actually is; I mentioned it in my post. Most are characters that, in text, are powerful but still always lose to make others look good. Think Worf from Star Trek. What sets Moth apart is the fact that only *he* thinks that he's powerful and everyone else just kind of tolerates him or uses him. It adds a character dynamic between villains that can be entertaining to play out. It's not jobbing if no one is impressed that you got beat.

This, I want Tynion off this book so someone with talent can write it

I agree, I was just making fun of the entire premise of that arc and Steph's entire moral dilemma

Did somebody say Bendis? The writer?

Whats wrong with the Deputy Mayor?

Finally! :)

Kind of would like to see at least ONE issue of the Gotham Knights effectively clearing up the streets of gotham from the thugs.

Not everything needs to be a big event, dammet.

Rat catcher is busy living with the mother in mother panic. God forbid the writers ask one another to avoid shit like this.

Batman's most mortal enemy: a guy with knives!

Nah he’s just fucking stupid, the last arc of Detective completely jettisoned Tim’s New 52 back story and re-established his original.
Also as another user said Batman like GL was just condensed for New 52.