Anybody else fell for these things...

Anybody else fell for these things? There is a couple I own which I still like but I don't understand why I own so many of these plastic pieces of junk.

I don't own anything but I'm mostly not against them.

I mean some are stupid and make me go "why this one" but then there are others that look cute enough to be used in place of a dashboard bobblehead.

I fucking hate them with fiery passion. It seems like they are slowly taking over conventions, and one day I will show up to NYCC and every booth wil only be selling funko pops.

Considered getting a TTG Raven but the paint job on those things is BAD! Not worth the money they ask.

I avoid them like the plague but they’re everywhere I go and there are funkos of every IP I enjoy.

A bunch of my normie friends have them and I just can’t imagine dropping 12 bucks on a dead-eyed smelly Deadpool funko.

No one really stops to consider why they’re buying it too and it’s a bit upsetting. It’s just “LOOK LOOK ITS A DARTH VADER FUNKO I KNOW THAT GUY” and now it can sit on your shelf and gather dust. Good job idiot.

I'd like them more if not for the ugly head shape.

They would be fine if they just fixed the eyes and made them more expressive and less bulbous. It works for some characters like animal or monster ones but definitely not humans.

Some of them look okay.
Some of them are the only choice for an IP you like.

Other than that I don't know why anyone would buy a funko version of a character that has better options out there.

Oh and the black eyes, yeah. Perfectly illustrated by that Stan. How ccan you have SP characters without big white eyes?

They just look like something you’d expect to see in a horror movie.

It’s not cute or appealing at all.

They are really boring. I find them more ugly than cute, and they have a cheap odor. If I was going to get a figure of a character I like, it will probably be a Super Action Statue.

I don't HATE them but there are better figures out there.

I'm not going to lie and pretend like there aren't a few that I actually want though. Like the Alien ones. Those ones look great.

I only bought one and its only because the IP I bought it for has shit for merchandise

>I find them more ugly than cute
This, they are really damn ugly.

don't the black eyes freak you out? Especially if someone collects that much

They look like shitty McDonalds toys.

I fucking hate them.

I thought the POPs were pretty unappealing so I never started buying them, but then Funko started the Dorbz line which I find MUCH cuter and I have five of the fucking things now

No, I always thought they weren't very interesting and the fact that some of them can't stand up straight because of their doofy ass heads just reinforces my bias that they aren't worth the investment.

Never really understood the appeal, and it's somewhat cancerous how it invades so many intellectual properties, but I don't buy them and rarely physically see them, so I don't care.

I see them as just today’s trolls, or beanie babies.

This is just the little normie fad where people think they will have collectible value and don’t realize how things become collectible. Then after 15-20 years in retrospect people will be embarrassed that these were ever a thing.