Doom Patrol #9 Storytime

Doom Patrol is finally back after another hiatus, and it is quite the issue.
Something tells me that Way has been reading Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY
youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

some kind user should storytime the whole thing

just saying

Do you mean the entire run so far, or just the issue? Because the latter is what this thread is for

>some kind user should storytime the whole thing
Isn't that what OP is doing? Or are you OP?

Does Cassy fuck her cat again?

I'll be honest, I don't remember what happened in issue 8 outside of the cat seduction

Everyone fucks their cat at least a couple times to experiment, it's really not that big of a deal. I'm 100% heterosexual and even I ate out a male cat's asshole once at a party, it's just nature.

I missed the minute cooldown by like 15 seconds, so they must have assumed that I abandoned the thread

Remember kids, shipping can literally kill

Does Cliff even have a penis? Why would he be shipped with anyone in the first place?

_____!_____

youtube.com/watch?v=YVkUvmDQ3HY
>!
How do you pronounce that?

I never actually figured that out from Morrison's run

Different pussy

Have you read Morrison's run? Cliff and Jane were cute as shit together,

I did. They never really were together, were they? The closest they got was Jane coming onto him while in her coming onto everybody personality and him turning her down presumably because he has no penis to consummate relations of that nature. That was the part with the weird Satan guy with the periscope, good part.

Is this just the shipping issue?

>Malicious code
Apologies for people reading via Index, but I don't plan on spoilering every page with Nobody

They never really were together, true. Though they were obviously really close (Cliff was the one who entered her mind and while the world was ending around them due to the candlemaker he could only worry about Jane). The Scarlet Harlot thing was still very early into the comic so their relationship hadn't really developed much, still a really good part.

Guess she moved to a different type of pussy

Called that the minute she showed up

yeah I guess I could have meant that. no I meant the whole thing

dropped it around issue 4 when I realized I couldn't remember shit reading it monthly

Harlot was ~50% through the run, collected in the second book trade

Didi you seriously miss their entire character arcs? They're together at the end.

Next Issue:
Doom Patrol #10: 12/20/17 → 01/24/18
Damn it Way

They're standing together at the end, nothing suggested they became more than friends. If anything, there was a hint that she was just a normal person with mental problems and none of their adventures were real, but definitely not any romance that I remember. Because he literally doesn't have a penis. I don't see how you can work around that issue.

>2 more months
Fucking hell Way, I like your comic but your making it really hard to actually follow what is even going on with these delays.

Another issue where fuck all happens because Way has the attention span of a fucking goldfish.

>None of their adventures were real
Talk about missing the point of the final chapter.

Cover of #10, originally announced for October 2017

Was Jane's hair color changed? In this flashback panel her hair is black, as I remember it to be in the Morrison run, but in all the new panels, I.E her hair is a blueish color

how long till the psychonauts memes

I think it was supposed to be black, but there were a few times in Morrison's run where it went past "shading" blue

Is he back? Fishablous!

Again, did you seriously miss their entire character arcs? At the beginning Cliff sees himself as a castrated tincan, the thought of ever being with a human does not even register in his head, so that's why he acts like the team father and is trying to look after everyone, because he doesn't think he can be anything more than a father figure. Jane is emotionally destroyed and feels like she could never trust a man ever. It's why the bug arc that's considered filler is actually essential, the ending with Jane saying "you're not her father, Cliff". The first "come out of the rain" is him grabbing her and trying to protect her, his father role, trying to watch over his broken child. The second, he extends his arm out like a lover, inviting Jane into this new world. Just because they don't kiss or don't say any cheesy "I love you", "No, I love you more" shit doesn't mean you need to ignore all the subtleties. At the end they both accept themselves for who they, they stop trying to think about how to be "normal".

>empty hand

Some good reaction images in this issue

Et sic infinitum
>No World. A universe before life. The formless void before the creation of the universe.
>If you were religous, then you would consider your god to be the creator of the universe. What if your messiah was here to mend your god's mistake? The savior of the universe would therefore come to uncreate it. Reduce it to a single shadow.

>Something tells me that Way has been reading Sup Forums

That's really fucking bad

>The 50% Chad vs. the 100% Virgni

What the fuck is Gerard Way's problem? These fucking comics get delayed every goddamn month and I'm tired of it. TIRED OF IT

How would Sup Forums look like as a Doom Patrol character? Prophet of the Hypercrisis?Slave of the Gentry?

>Teen titans Go is part of the main universe
Hmm

Thanks OP

It's Derrington's fault. Way's been consistent with Cave Carson.

>How do you pronounce that?
It's pronounced "!", user.

>i ship it

>his waifu isn't real

>Way's been consistent with Cave Carson.
You mean a series that has, apart from been on hiatus for about 3 months, being written by Rivera solo with Way only co-writing the first few issues anyway.

The point is it's ambiguous. The only reason Morrison gives you for believing it was real and she's not just a delusional psych patient is that the lesbian psychiatrist (who is an unreliable narrator) would feel too sad if it weren't true ("There is a better world. Well... there must be.").
You're the one missing the point, not just of Morrison Doom Patrol but of basically every other comic he's ever done because he *always* sets up that same real / imaginary ambiguity. I'll mention some specific examples:
Joe the Barbarian (Is he really exploring a fantasy world or is he just delirious because his blood sugar is crashing and he's a diabetic)
The Filth (Is he really involved in a secret agent conspiracy or is he just a schizophrenic)
The Invisibles (Probably a couple dozen examples in this work alone, but for starters, is Ragged Robin just having a mental breakdown from all the drugs and sensory deprivation / VR creative writing trips or is she really a time traveler, or were they really going on adventures or was it all just someone using King Mob's hallucinogenic apocalypse simulation game, or was everything just Fanny's ayahuasca initiation trip, or was everything just Sir Miles' novel, etc.)
Hell, even his DC stuff has this going on with Bat Mite/Might or Darkseid talking in the fantasy parallel to Boss Dark Side saying mundane things or whether Dax Novu is actually a monitor banished to Earth or really just a fantasy prone slacker fast food employee, etc.
They physically cannot be lovers because he doesn't have a penis. They can be special close friends who care a lot about each other, but that's not the same thing.

I always assumed blue hair in comics meant black hair.

I am unreasonably excited about this

Do we know anything about it so far other than it'll be the Batman version of Superman Secret Identity?

It does. The blue shading is just really strong with Case's style

Explain Lesbians then?
Or Brain and Mallah?

usually depends on how much spot blacks there are in the hair. or heavy lineweight.

no, but that's why it's unreasonable that I'm excited

Didn't Number None survived the end of the Brotherhood of Dada? He would also fit thematical to the new Brotherhood.

No one ever saw him, so he's probably there somewhere

Some lesbians are very ugly and can't get a boyfriend, but others are just trying to use their sense of sexual identity as a for of rebellion. Either way it's not a real relationship. I never understood why everyone is so readily willing to accept that actual reproductive organs used in the way that works and makes functional sense is somehow a negligible detail. At best cases like those are like trying to hijack the reproductive system to force out some unnatural imitation pleasure, like masturbating with another body instead of your hand. It reminds me of those new agey people who are convinced meditating real hard is interchangeable with actually ingesting a psychoactive compound when the latter is a blatant chemical reaction that you either have or don't have and imagining really hard isn't the same thing.

Relationships between members of the same species are inevitably tainted by base, reproductive urges . . . But more than that, they are fundamentally narcissistic and incestuous. A member of one’s own species is identical in thought and body, at least in all ways that truly matter. It is only by embracing the Other that one can achieve Real Love.
– Xochilla Ithatta

>They physically cannot be lovers because he doesn't have a penis
You're motherfucking retarded. THE ENTIRE POINT IS THAT HE LEARNS TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT HE HAS NO PENIS AND HE CAN STILL BE MORE THAN A SIMPLE FATHER FIGURE WITHOUT IT AND UNDERSTAND THAT THERE'S MORE TO LOVE THAN KISSES AND SEX

>THERE'S MORE TO LOVE THAN KISSES AND SEX
Yeah, it's called "platonic," like the love you have for your pet dog or someone you admire for their virtues but don't have sex with.

Don't forbid cyborgs love. Otherwise they will go crazy.

way gave up on carson user and left it to jon, nick's been pretty consistent with everything but Gerard's been back and forth between umbrella and doom and at this point it would be better if he just finished one.

Shut the fuck up you literal retard

I love you user. But not in the real way where I put my penis inside you.

you sound 15

He's a robot. What's stopping him from attaching himself with a mechanical 10 inch penis?

Holy shit!

Casey fucking every single member of Doom Patrol when?

The YA crossover is just going to be a big orgy with Shade shifting into a bird person and MP being schizio

MAXIMUM HYPE.

kek

I don't know who or what I was expecting.

>expect nothing
>still get disappointment

I think Nobody expected that.

I WILL END YOU ALL.

youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk