RASHIDA JONES DROPPED OUT OF TOY STORY 4 PHILOSOPHICAL DIFFERENCES" WITH PIXAR

ign.com/articles/2017/11/22/rashida-jones-and-writing-partner-drop-out-of-toy-story-4-citing-philosophical-differences-with-pixar

"we parted ways because of creative and, more importantly, philosophical differences. There is so much talent at Pixar, and we remain enormous fans of their films. However, it is also a culture where women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice.”

Wew

good

How did she come from Quincy?

>people of colour

This is such a stupid fucking term for what they're talking about

>summer 2017
what did they mean by this?

What the fuck is happening at Pixar? Rashida is my waifu but this just seems weird. They've been working on the movie for several years now. Why choose now to make this statement? Were her ideas being ignored or changed?

And what term would you use, user?

Well good then.

niggers of color

Colored people.

minorities

retarded faggots

wait, why she dropped? not enough diversity?!

"the blacks"

>Jones and McCormack joined the project in 2014, and have been writing the film as a romantic comedy that doesn't continue directly from the original trilogy.
>romantic comedy
Why did we want this again?

Melaninically enhanced people.

>However, it is also a culture where women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice.”
wtf I love pixar now

Noe one sane wants TS4. Only these greedy jews at Disney.

good. get her the FUCK out and keep the actual talent in.

Does Pixar hate women?

>a culture where women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice

Animation has always been like this

Why exactly did they have actors as writers in the first place?

black people
or negros

The Brown Ones

repurposed farm equipment.

You call them people.

BASED black man

>Why choose now to make this statement?

reporters were probably asking if they left cause of lasseter's behavior, so they put out a statement that that wasn't it.

>Pixar has long standing rule against love stories being major plot points.
>Jones leaves because they won't let her write a romantic comedy

Muh equal voice

Sounds like it. They specifically say "don't have an equal voice".

>what is Cars

>major plot points

Cars wasn't a romantic comedy, it, like a bunch of other Pixar films, had a romantic sub plot, but not the focus.

I never understood why "people of color" is okay but "colored people" isn't. Just use the term african americans, or black people like literally everyone else that isn't on a moral outrage bender.

I'm going to guess what happened, judging from the "women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice." complaint, that she had several ideas shot down or left unimplemented, and because of how popular it is these days to believe in identity politics and how Pixar is a majority-white and male-employed company-- her being non-white and a woman-- it was easy for her to come to the conclusion that some of her ideas or concepts whathaveyou were being scrapped because of her identity. Of course she doesn't have any proof of this, as with most progressives these days, but she has enough within the circumstance-- her being a brown woman, Pixar being more white and male-- to make it seem as if racism and/or sexism is the case.

You see this same pattern everywhere nowadays, usually just leading to some broken attempt to force this new, warped idea of diversity on to companies. Being honest, your sex nor your skin color really doesn't make you somehow more or an investment or an asset in anything. These progressive-types like to explain how physical diversity is useful for a company to have "many perspectives" and "experiences," but I honestly can't see where any of these "perspectives" and "experiences" every came of good use, especially in the entertainment media. Are we supposed to believe that because we hired, for example, a black woman over an equally, if-not-more qualified white man for the position of animating a couple of scenes that somehow we're performing some act of great justice for marginalized peoples everywhere, people that don't have much creative leeway when it comes to the overall story?
Of course many ideas are bound to be shot down, regardless of race or sex or whatever, and in the case of Rashida Jones, I doubt many of her ideas would have been unique being based on her physical identity.

It's just a load of ideological revanchism that she's using to vent her frustration that a couple of her ideas were deemed shit.

They were pretty big parts of Wall-E, A Bug's Life, the Incredibles, Ratatouille and TS3

Niggers, slants, wops, and darkies.

Reminder that John Lasseter is innocent and these absurd allegations are fallacious.

Hold on.

Hold on.

What about

"Colored People"?

I'd say WALL-E is the closest Pixar has gotten to that being the focus.

>The duo points out that only one of Pixar's 20 films have been directed by a woman, and another by a person of colour.

Yet those ended up being by far the two worst original movies

Pursuing a romantic relationship with a character was not a driving force behind the main events of ts3 or the incredibles. I don't recall it being a driving force in ratatouille either, but I've only seen that movie once when it came out. I'll give you A Bug's life and Wall-E, though.

Still, romance wasn't the focus of any of those movies. Same can't be expected from a proposed romantic comedy

Non-whites.
People of color and colored people mean the same thing, but with different intents.
It's in the same vein of insisting on the use of "african american" instead of Black, but being more than alright with using White. Both are a group of heavily homogenized people inhabiting America, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Non-whites carries the same connotation without clumping everyone else into a nebulous group. This also serves the purpose of slamming the issue on white people directly.
From a self referential standpoint, I don't find any sense in one referring to themselves as a person of color, as all you're saying is "Hey I'm not white." Like why be concerned about your racial identity, but only to such a short extent?
But I'm just a dumb mixed neet so what do I know

Pretty much this, I imagine she just also thought adding that people of color statement was a bit of a fuck you aimed at Pixar to get people on her side no matter what

Which ones were they?

>"The Princess and the Frog" was a big flop with a black princess.
>"Frozen" was a big success with pure white princesses.

Yeah, I see the reason why there are very few black people in the American animation industry.

burn the coal, pay the toll

What do you guys think her shot down ideas were?

Brave and Good Dinosaur

Likely something to do with

Brave was okay. Didn't see the other one

But Lasseter himself said that was going to be the focus of the movie

>In August 2015, at the D23 Expo, Lasseter stated that the film would focus on the romance between Woody and Bo Peep

It has failure written all over it, especially since I'm sure that the main reason why Bo Peep wasn't brought back for TS3 was because she was by far the most boring main toy character.

Did Bo Peep ever even do anything?

She couldn't go on adventures because she's breakable. I just assumed that she was written out because her VA died or some shit.

What's Michael Arndt doing nowadays, anyway?

>Rashida Jones dropped out of Toy Story 4
Holy shit I might actually go see this now

It was actually because of her voice actress, as well as her being a porcelain doll.

Like that matters when they replaced Slinky's and will probably replace Mr. Potato Head's

They were major characters though. Literally no one missed Bo Peep, so it wasn't worth the effort replacing her.

>people can only have one skill

Oh how its someone who quits a job and bitches on the way out.

What is this, Sup Forums? PatF wasn't a flop.

Rashida Jones is already barely decent at acting, so I don’t know what your point is

See, this is why women and people of color make shit tier movies. They can't stop whining about oppression for five minutes to just tell a story. Blacks used to be able to suck it up and entertain people, but now the entertainers are made up of man children who want to be coddled by Hollywood.

And yet she is apparently the main focus of TS4.

>work AT PIXAR
>work on a BIG PROJECT
>LEAVE VOLUNTARILY
DOES THE BITCH HATE MONEY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

She is already rich from birth

Coloreds

>However, it is also a culture where women

God am I tired of hearing about how women are abused in Western Civilized countries. Most spoiled rotten coddled brats in the whole world are Western Women, yet they advertise themselves as victims. To hell with them. So much time and money has been wasted on the experiment of giving women rights.

>Rashida Jones
>black
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

this is getting bad
but maybe it stops toy story 4 from being made before it could ruin a perfect trilogy, like a silver lining

Putos de chocolate

But "non-whites" establishes being white as the norm, which is very much not the case.

It is in English speaking societies, which are inherently the societies we're talking about, since it's an English term.

wait...why was Bo Peep even alive anyway? I mean she wasnt a toy right? cause you know maybe Im wrong but i dont think porcelain ANYTHING is meant to be played with, let alone dolls. she was more a decoration right?

I guess to make sense as to why would Andy have a girl toy.

I dunno lady, the vision you had for TS4 didn't exactly sell me on the concept. Maybe it wasn't because of melanin levels and chromosomes but it was your idea was fucking retarded.

Lasseter straight up said the Toy Story 4 story is based on his relationship with his wife.

Basketball American

>"Dance for me, Darky! But don't you dare complain about it or I'll get my switch!"

And you probably whine about muh white male oppression all the time you sad Sup Forumscuck

but...she couldve just been a hand me down from his mom for his playtime

If a porcelain doll counts in the Toy Story world as "sentient man-made creation" then what about christmas ornaments that are designed as characters?

Sup Forums latched on quick

I thought dolly would be a good replacement of bo peep as woody's love interest.

>Most spoiled rotten coddled brats in the whole world are Western Women, yet they advertise themselves as victims. To hell with them. So much time and money has been wasted on the experiment of giving women rights.

Women get treated like shit, man. You sound like a bitter beta.

>what about christmas ornaments that are designed as characters?
They are alive too. The toys say how much they hate them when they are talking about moving to the attic in TS3

>which is very much not the case.

Chocos

>only one of 20 films have been directed by a woman
HOW MANY WOMEN DIRECTORS ARE THERE IN HOLLYWOOD PERIOD

HOW THE FUCKING HELL MANY

I did too.

>That voice

Just say minorities damn. "People of color" is horseshoe theory in effect. Minorities makes sense because that's just short for "demographic minority" and automatically remains correct no matter where you are. Calling a Chinese person a minority in the US works and calling a white guy a minority in China works. You couldn't go to china ranting about the abused people of color because the majority is "of color" (and also probably abused but that's another issue).

>RASHIDA
can't care less

Doubly stupid because Rashida Jones is half-white and looks basically like a white girl with an ethnicity filter applied. The only halfies blacks accept are Obama and Halle Berry.

Brave was originally going to be fully directed by Brenda Chapman before Pixar suddenly side-lined her into co-director role. I remember employees being upset about it because they thought Chapman had been doing fine. I don't think Pixar ever put out an actual explanation at all. And I still think Brave would have been a lot better with Chapman being full director. Prince of Egypt was stunning. I also recall that Brave was going to have a very snowy environment under Chapman's development. Would have been cool as shiet.

Please kill Toy Story 4.
Revive Gigantic.

brownos, light brownos, yellorinos, pasty cheesos, vermelhitoos, big nosos. That's it?

>Wops

>However, it is also a culture where women and people of color do not have an equal creative voice
WE

Negritos Bimbo

"People of color" is even more gross than "colored people" because it's sweepingly applied to anyone brown. Hispanics, blacks, islanders, whatever, all being lumped into one big, generalized category.

And yet this is somehow considered "progressive", which just shows how god damned fucked the whole movement is.

>I command you to do things my way or I'll call you racist
Good riddance.